Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:47 PM

I'm signed up for this swap,have to go back and send name and address.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Got everything sent to Linda, I just want to say I'm in for Green/White or Cream,please no St Pats .
Also for the yard of ugly fabric. I have some pieces of that.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
Got everything sent to Linda, I just want to say I'm in for Green/White or Cream,please no St Pats .
Also for the yard of ugly fabric. I have some pieces of that.
Hi,

It's going to be so fun seeing who thinks what is "ugly", eh??.. lol..

You probably already did, but I'd be sure you also pm'd Linda no St. Patrick's please.
She posted that she's trying to write everything down as to who wants what to try and match everyone.
Sometimes she might miss a post on the threads, so I try to pm her to make sure she has it..
Regards,
Kif
Old 01-22-2015, 01:58 PM

I would like the green, cream ,and St Patrick FQ swap. Please no ugly, for me. I can send you a ugly fabric as a bonus.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:16 PM

now Cuppy that is cheating lol! sneaking in ugly fabrics.. hey you are all welcome to sneak an extra of anything you want in .. worst case your partner flops over on the floor, someone hopefully resuscitate them and well all should be well until... they sneak at your ugly fabric! lol. come on its not all ugly and you guys know it. its just not your cup of tea. LIke last year my mother in law sent me kindly 5 yrds of fabric! all little tiny calico prints from Jo Anns. Oh joy! I thought wow what can I do with this? still nothing has hit me on the head but its probably just because its not me. It is someone else though. I might die however if a whole BOX of fabric like this got here. ugh! really? then I would be obligated to make a quilt with it even if I didn't like it. and probably find.. I liked it mixed up and cut up. so who knows? who knows if I will ever find out or just finally gift it to someone who loves that stuff.

I hope we get lots of sign ups to make this truly a fun swap so tell your friends post it in other swaps your in (once you get the approval of your hostess please) get the word out! THEN how about we share a picture next month with what we did with our gifts? you might just make the original sender snivel a bit. grin.. I wanted that! if you post a pic I will get Tlambing to put them all together for us and we can share it with the world. SEE! it WASNT UGLY AT ALL!

so sign up today! get your fabrics in Green/Cream or white! OR a ugly fabric swap in today! send me your mailing information, phone number and which swap you would like to play with or BOTH if you like. tada! easy as that. send me information and YOUR IN!

we need more players so come one! come all!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM

I'm in! I'm sure I can find some pitiful excuses..."what was I thinking!" types.

pm sent
Old 01-22-2015, 09:12 PM

Ya' all - I am going to be real blunt here. If it's so horrible, then cut 2 1/2 inch wide strips and crochet or make a rug from them. That's where I'm going to start pretty soon, when I come around to feeling better since the hospital thing. Can't wait to get started on that because I need kitchen rugs and porch & bathroom rugs badly. So don't feel too bad about your uglies. You won't see them this way and yet it will be very useful and not a waste of fabric, ugly or not.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 AM

I'm not in the US, but can I join in??
Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by quilting jem View Post
I'm not in the US, but can I join in??
Yes, ma'am, I'm thinking international "players" are welcome. The hostesses usually just need to make sure there's someone else that is able to ship international to partner you with..
Brat will be along soon to give you the "hostess" reply, as I'm just a fellow swapper...

Ellie,
I'm not sure what you mean about being blunt? I think it's a great idea to use strips and crochet rugs.
And I'm excited to see what we all get. As 1 person's "ugly" might be another's "I love it!!"
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-23-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:18 AM

I am "in" and will PM immediately. St. Pat's OK but not required. Ugly, oh my I have some zingers! So, I'll do the Ugly too the understanding that ugly is in the eye of the beholder.