Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 01-23-2015, 07:33 AM

or in the eye of the beer holder wmuteach lol. Some fabrics are face it.. just ugly. you wonder what where THEY thinking when they made yards and yards and hundreds of yards of THIS fabric. I think animal prints is my worst favorite lol but amazingly had to make something last year for someone who adores zebra. who would have thought? zebra print? really? next there will be monkey textured print I just know it. and it will end up at my house as a gift. oh joy! (don't send me really don't send me any if you have it honest I will find you and hunt you down! lol).

seriously its all in fun and as been stated.. ugly is in the eye of the beholder. sigh. sign up today and find out what the mail man will deliver to you! yippee! surpises! we never get surprises like this in the mail lol. ok I do. I actually order things that arrive and I say to myself... Blind were you? yes you were.

ellie love your idea of making floor rugs. I get it takes strong hands to do that. I watched a tutorial on how to make a rug and thought oh heck no. I do use my fabrics no matter what they are. its fabric. its expensive. yikes its expensive so why throw it away? share it with a pal!

sign up today for the swap and you will be entertained for a month watching what we trade! getting the fun things in the mail and sending something well you don't love too much to a new friend (hey that is what friends are for!). send me your mail to information, board and real name and phone number for me to call you if there is trouble. that will not be shared with anyone else and is deleted once swapping is complete. so its easy! PM me and your in!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:21 AM

I'm in! I'm in! (I said it twice cause I am in for both!) lol Sending a PM now......
Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 AM

Yes, I'm in for both! Love greens, golds, creams...not ALL St. Pats, please, but 1 or 2 is fine.
Ugly - fun!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:49 AM

Brat,
What about a spider print?? .
Love,
Sweet Kif
Old 01-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Keefster, I meant by being blunt that someone might misinterpret it as meaning something I didn't intend to use or didn't want, so cut it up and make a rug. I didn't want to hurt someone/s feelings. Maybe I'm just too full of antibiotics and left over anathesia to know what I'm saying. Sorry, Ellie
Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Keefster, I meant by being blunt that someone might misinterpret it as meaning something I didn't intend to use or didn't want, so cut it up and make a rug. I didn't want to hurt someone/s feelings. Maybe I'm just too full of antibiotics and left over anathesia to know what I'm saying. Sorry, Ellie
Hi Ellie,
I just meant I didn't see your suggestion as blunt or as anything that would hurt someone's feelings...
But maybe that's because I'm too blunt....
I figure since this is named the "ugly fabric swap" that we all know whoever gets what we send is in the same boat (so to speak) as we are... After all, it IS named UGLY fabric swap...lol.
That being said, as some of the others have so rightfully commented, "Beauty (and ugly) is in the eye of the beholder.".
Feel better, my friend!

Kif
Old 01-25-2015, 08:38 PM

Look what I found! I was shopping for greens, but came upon this black/green/gold. It just jumped in my cart. Call me crazy, but I love it! Got extra in case my swap mate likes it.

ETA: the gold is more sparkly than the picture shows.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 09:27 PM

How is the best way to mail 4 fat quarters?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 AM

I like the black and clovers!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 AM

mail them in an envelope! lol. I find this the best way. I rarely use priority its too expensive and the way the post office returns your money for lost things is amazingly slow and usually they give you less than you paid so I figure mail them and just hope. It usually runs around 3.00 or less in the US.

We do have one international player this month so if you feel you can mail internationally let me know! I will pair you up as partners and do this early so fabric is sent with time for shipping to arrive when the rest are coming in!