Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 AM

I almost skipped this and meant to post something to my dear pal Kiffie. YOU SEND ME SPIDER FABRIC and your butt is grass. Period. Ugh, nothing freaks me out more than something with those things on it. I am deathly afraid of them the brat that she is and she knows it! even the word gives me the heebies. Egad. blick! Kiffie your on my bad girl list now. for a while. so much for good day it starts thoughts that are no good. I can handle a snake, even rattle snakes. respect them don't like them but oh so what its a snake. Lizards? no big deal, scorpians? nothing I lived in AZ just put your shoes on and step on them. done deal they don't jump. lord help me if they adapted to that! but the other item no way in heck. no way no how. ugh... blick.. shiver shiver. die you gravy sucking pig is usually what I am thinking. just to scared to do it myself. I will ask a neighbor for help even if I haven't met them.. run next door help! quick! lol that is me. wimp. I know.

now onto the swap. I am so glad to have you all back and to have newbies in the group. This is such a fun swap. last year we had a killer ugly fabric swap on the board that I was thinking why not do it again? your ugly is someone elses gorgeous. then again your ugly maybe their ugly and vice versa one never knows. but worse case scenario? you end up with ugly fabric! best case you love it! and can use it! I am praying we see some uses for it once it arrives at its new home. get creative. I swear a whole lot of fabric I have that I think.. um is interesting. when its cut into a quilt block you lose the big picture and you gain something filled with colors and it all changes. I am surprised more often than not when this happens. The smaller a piece is the less of a design it is and more a color option. Now if you hate that color its time to pass it on! someone else might just love it!

Green Creams or Whites for fat quarters? everyone must have some of those! they don't have to be St. Patricks day but some truly want that so keep that in mind if your partner is asking for some. There are a few who do not want that just the colors and if they have stated that I will pass that information on to you! so tada! everyone is happy! I personally only have one St. Patricks day fabric but I have lots and lots of greens. I guess I sure love those greens!

you can swap either or both this month. one fat quarter swap and one ugly fabric swap all rounded up into one big swap! each swap will have its one individual partner or secret pal. You will not be sending to one person unless you cant do the postage to both then let me now. I don't think its much cheaper but it might be not sure. if anyone can tell me this let me know. its 2 yrds of fabric for both swaps is it cheaper to send one yard and one yard or two yards together? the world may never know! lol. I get so confused. I do know I am swapping the ugly fabric. I have fabric that must be shared. grin.. you need it I am sure.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 AM

I'm in for both swaps - already have my fabric ready to go. Mine aren't ugly - so much as not my cup of tea in regard to color. They are more muted blues, burgandy and greens - all basic patterns. Each was bought for a specific project and have way too much left over.

For someone who does want to swap St Pats day fabrics - I do ISPY quilts - so it would be okay if I receive some/all St Pats day fabrics. I currently have none.

Kind regards,
Tracy
Old 01-28-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fiestypixy View Post
I'm in for both swaps - already have my fabric ready to go. Mine aren't ugly - so much as not my cup of tea in regard to color. They are more muted blues, burgandy and greens - all basic patterns. Each was bought for a specific project and have way too much left over.

For someone who does want to swap St Pats day fabrics - I do ISPY quilts - so it would be okay if I receive some/all St Pats day fabrics. I currently have none.

Kind regards,
Tracy
Oh, my, muted blues, burgandy and green sound so awesome. Could be my kind of swap.
Ellie
Old 01-29-2015, 06:15 AM

ooh goodie Ellie! I tell you someone always loves something! me I am a sucker for bright colors hence when I have a project to do that has muted colors I am in big trouble! I have brights in pretty much each range of colors but solids never and blenders in soft tones are not always on my shelf. rarely on my shelf actually.

This is a fun swap so come on in! join the fun! send a PM to me with all the information requested in the main header and you will be in for a wild time! are you interested in just St. Patricks day themed fabrics or just green/cream or white? we can do that! if you have a fabric you will never use or just plain wonder WHAT WAS I thinking? well swap it maybe you will get something you love in return! one never knows! you might also get a what were they thinking moment so be prepared. I am sure this will be one interesting swap. We haven't done that in the fat quarter swap before and this is up to one yard of any fabric or a combo that equals a yard.. so check your piles twice. surely you have something!

oh yes someone asked does it have to be cotton? yes it does. because you don't love it someone else might and mixing fabrics is iffy at times. I have this grand bag of fabric, its rayon/cotton. I am dying to use it in a quilt but darned if I can find anything else with that combo. its like one of those polished cotton feels? purple lilac plants on white. I love it! what can I do with THAT??? gifts that come to me that I cant toss but think.. how to use this and well its tough.

so send cottons for my fat quarter swaps and for the ugly fabric swap. this way its not a hard to use fabric for anyone here who quilts.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:38 PM

I am surprised at how eager I am to see what other folks think of as "ugly". Can't wait to get my names and ship off my FQ's and Uglies. (I always feel naughty when I write that word. What does that say about me?!) LOL
Old 01-29-2015, 04:33 PM

Only 2 more days to sign up for the pincushion & needlecase swap. Please came and join us. We are a fun group! You can put some of your fat qtrs to good use making a pincushion or needlecase!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:29 PM

I might join the pin cushion/needle case next month… I don't really like red and pink too much…
Old 01-29-2015, 07:22 PM

Vita please do. We would love to have you join!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
I'm in! I'm sure I can find some pitiful excuses..."what was I thinking!" types.

pm sent
I'm sure you can, Theresa. hahaha
Old 01-29-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
I might join the pin cushion/needle case next month… I don't really like red and pink too much…
I was not liking pinks and reds until I started receiving them this month, now I'm hooked on them. They are beautiful, so versatile.

Ellie (aka sewellie)