Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Swap Hosts

How come Marcialee is ignoring us? We are just trying to help!
Oh. Sorry. Just ignoring me!!!
No shoes for you!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM

my lqs is also having a super bowl sale at 30% off everything. they are opening one hour earlier so we can shop before we need to be at the parties. just evil. i officially have no money to go back there and shop on super bowl sunday so...... i gotta find that credit card of mine. it's been hiding for some time. it has no balance on it. that card is just teasing me. what's a girl to do.

just so you know how desparate i am, uh i mean overstimulated i was, i gave up my credit card habit over 12 years ago, i'm straight cash wherever i go so to go find my credit card..... i think i may need an intervention. there was sooo much wonderful fabric in my lqs, all of those bright colors beaconing to me. helllppppppp!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mmb195152 View Post
Awesome shop! My LQS is having a Superbowl 20% sale off almost everything. We were allowed to preshop this week, pack a bag or two, and we just need to pay and pick up on Sun. Spent WAY too much time and money preshopping, but I got lots of neat goodies, and did lots of drooling. I am trying to wean myself away from fabric purchases for awhile, but couldn't resist. m

Last edited by Havplenty; 02-03-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Here are my hints of the day:
One SP lives 845 miles from me. Too far to walk or bike.
The other one is 562 miles away. Also too far to go on foot or bike.
However, they are "only" a six hour drive from each other which makes no sense at all.
One does not like Lori's favorite prints. Or my favorite prints
They both do things with needles - other than sewing.
No one knows who they are. Not even me.
And the poor things have no fur babes.
Unfortunately, right now I have no fur babies. And I have no idea how many miles I am from anyone. I am perpetually lost. I always give myself LOTS of time to get anywhere because of this "flaw". So I am thinking good thoughts, and hope its me Krystyna. It has to be someone right?

Mooretil, I am praying hard for your sister, and you as you go through this together. mary
Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM

Hey Sweet Lady ~ Just talked with our daughter who lives near you to ask about how she was doing with the storm. She said we're fine, we're headed out the door in a few minutes to go up to Vail to go ice fishing and skiing!!!!!!! Something about drilling a hole in the ice and sitting waiting for a fish to come along escapes me???? This winter sport didn't come from my gene pool..... LOL

Take care my friend, stay home warm, toasty surrounded by your stash...now that's my kind of lady!!!!

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I love how everyone is so wonderful in offering to
help "inspect" the packages for the new swappers.

I may be stuck sitting at home today, we have a winter
storm hitting us and they say to expect about 18-24+
inches of snow. In some areas they already have 17".

IF I do stay home from work, than it will give me a chance
to really work on my packages. I have purchased so many
new goodies for stuffing into the boxes.

Now I know there was a couple people who was wanting
to get one of those "purple thangs" but I did not see it
listed on any of my sp's lists, so I don't know if I should
go ahead and include one or not. Oh well I will set them
next to the boxes and see how the box is looking.

MAYBE next week I can get them into the mail.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Freeze that puppy in a block of ice!!!! Don't succumb to the temptation 12 years of keeping that pledge isn't worth the draw of one sale....you hang in there girlfriend and then on Monday when so many are hung over with regret, or worse yet, 30 days later when that darned window envelope comes in to greet you in your mail ~ you can still be happy dancing that you resisted temptation!!!!! JMHO :0)
Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
my lqs is also having a super bowl sale at 30% off everything. they are opening one hour earlier so we can shop before we need to be at the parties. just evil. i officially have no money to go back there and shop on super bowl sunday so...... i gotta find that credit card of mine. it's been hiding for some time. it has no balance on it. that card is just teasing me. what's a girl to do.

just so you know how desparate i am, uh i mean overstimulated i was, i gave up my credit card habit over 12 years ago, i'm straight cash wherever i go so to go find my credit card..... i think i may need an intervention. there was sooo much wonderful fabric in my lqs, all of those bright colors beaconing to me. helllppppppp!!!!!!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 02-03-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Just mailed my SP her pkg......HINT: going north of me, zip code adds up to 15.
Shoot! My zip adds up to 16! I am still volunteering myself as Krysyna's sp.

I love reading all these posts. Getting lots of ideas for RAKs. Mary
Old 02-03-2012, 07:11 AM

My SP lives East of me then take a turn South, not all the way South but almost all the way South. Fur baby or babies or is there just one.....???? is or are very important member or members, of her family is it just one or is it more?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
This is my first swap and I hope I don't disappoint my sp. I am very excited to do this and see what I get. love presents....
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Marcialee!
You're going to love this swap but I'm warning you it is an addictive group of quilters. Worry not about disappointing your SP when I first joined a few months ago, I researched previous months swaps for ideas where a lot of pictures are posted of packages received. All swaps are so varied and unique just like everyone of us.

After you've been here a while you will see some very sneaky members who try to lure you into their spider webs of trickery to get you to reveal who, what and where SP are going....soon as you've already exampled in your replies you will notice who they are and what they are up to. You ARE a quick learner and will fit right in! I didn't catch on as fast as you! LOL

But you can trust me, above all....just let me know who your SP is and I will keep 'our' little secret.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM

My SP has two furbabies and loves outdoor activities!!!! she likes to collect things and her zip code adds up to 19... shes not that far from my just a few hours in the car or a good days walk ( not that i would walk THAT far) and she loves chocolate.... that is all for now!!!!!! i made her some beautiful valentine's day wearable's, and heading out soon to get her some of her favorite things!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
After you've been here a while you will see some very sneaky members who try to lure you into their spider webs of trickery to get you to reveal who, what and where SP are going....soon as you've already exampled in your replies you will notice who they are and what they are up to. You ARE a quick learner and will fit right in! I didn't catch on as fast as you! LOL
So Onalee, who do you have? What are you sending. You can trust little old ME!!!
And I miss ice fishing and ice boating on Lake St Claire in Michigan