February Mini Quilt Swap

Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 PM
Power Poster

Fiestypixy that is a very pretty mini you got from Jeanne. I started out the same way, and just keep going to see how I can improve as I go along. You will do the same, and everyone is very nice here and mean what they say that they will love what you send from your heart. Sometimes we can be concerned about do we have extras to include, but that is just what some choose to do, but like the others said it is not a requirement. Whatever you make will be just fine. If you want to do your best then just have fun, and that will be your best.

My car is turned sideways in the driveway! Sooooo needless to say I did not make it to the post office, but we did have a lot of melting. We had several layers. I don't like the mud that is lurking under that, but if we get rain they are talking about then very hopeful to get everything in the mail and check my mail Monday. (I can't wait until warm weather) I also hope we get the rain before anything else has a chance to hit us. My nephew and his brother in law cut up the tree across our driveway yesterday, so that is a relief.

My sweet partner will definitely get her mini from me as soon as I can. I am a worry wart. Can't help it. The county next to us still has people without power. I feel for them after all this time. Kids in the county have been out of school for awhile now. They will have making up to do when they don't want to. We have so many back roads that buses have to go through with many getting no sun that it causes many problems in the mountains. The school director won't take any chances with the safety of the kids so school just has to be made up later. Most of the time the snow days allowed in our school system is enough, but this year has been extreme for us. All will be fine soon though.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 02-28-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 PM

I mailed my mini on Thursday, forgive me for not posting. I was a bit behind on a few projects.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512189[/ATTACH]
I recieved mine in the mail today I was thrilled I love it and the socks so sweet Thank you
Attached Thumbnails img_1201.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

J_Cody that is a very nice mini quilt you got today.

I received the most beautiful mini quilt and other nice things from my partner Whigrose(Deb). I also was finally able to send hers off today too.

I am off to work on posting some pictures for all to see.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:09 PM

Susan, so glad to see you back online. I missed you! Is the weather there in Tennessee better?

Big WARM Hugs to you!

Deb
Old 03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Here are some pics of my beautiful package from my partner for February's Mini Quilt Swap-Whigrose (Deb)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512232[/ATTACH]
She starts with such pretty wrapping.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512233[/ATTACH]

Isn't it pretty. She pieced the Irish Chain. How appropriate is that? She not only pieced it, but pieced tiny tiny little blocks. Such nice work, and nice quilting. I aspire for this someday. I have in my plans to someday attempt a bed size quilt making the Irish Quilt Blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512234[/ATTACH]

Such pretty fabric she used for the backing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512236[/ATTACH]

I tried my best to get these other beautiful things in a pic. She crocheted I think versus knit a very nice cloth, a very nice set of her hand made coil coasters wrapped in twine with a tropical flair to counteract my snow and ice (lol), a beautiful card with a nice message, and a very nice pad for what I will add lists to on my refrigerator. The list pad at the top which I couldn't seem to get in the pic has a pretty St.Patrick Theme to it. Each one of these nice and thoughtful items will be used in my home. Deb you are very talented, and a great swap partner. Thank you so much for all you put together in this package.

I will not be in the present mini quilt swap, but certainly will be looking in and seeing all the beautiful minis in the making by all the talented girls here. Have fun girls!!!
Attached Thumbnails 100_2622-small-.jpg   100_2623-small-.jpg   100_2629-small-.jpg   100_2636-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JuneBillie; 03-02-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Patchesnposies (Deb) thank you for your kindness. Missed you too. Yes last night we got rain and so it kept the melting going. Today we could get down the hill, and back up. lol... Watching the weather a few minutes ago, and they are saying another storm coming from west to east. I don't know who all will get hit by it, but hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:36 PM

Susan, what a great package you received from Deb. Everything is beautiful!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Karen. I love everything she made. The dish cloth is knitted, but it will not be used as a dish cloth. lol.. She also made the pretty card.

Has everyone been giving their special partners positive feed back? It sure is a nice way to say thank you.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 03-02-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Thank you Karen. I love everything she made. The dish cloth is knitted, but it will not be used as a dish cloth. lol.. She also made the pretty card.

Has everyone been giving their special partners positive feed back? It sure is a nice way to say thank you.
Susan, thanks for reminding us of this. I never remember. I am going to purpose to do so from now on!