February POM

Old 02-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I just like to have fun and create the best I can. I love all the extras others have sent me, and was excited when he seen what I got. I know that kind of contradicts what I said. That's because I am not good at saying what I am really getting at. I am sorry if I hurt anyone, and misunderstood. I would never ever want to do that, and those of you who really know me know that.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

I have been an over giver before too, but I think those days of over receiving are over. lol....
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 PM

I just think the extras are not a necessity. It almost feels like the swap project loses its specialness when it's only a tiny part of an extravaganza I also hate the feeling that someone might not sign up to swap because they feel that they aren't able to "keep up with the Jones'"
i love swapping! Getting to know you all and share ideas is so much fun to me! I'm glad you all are enjoying the swap and are so supportive of each other.
Ill let you know what next months swap will be in a couple of days.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
I just think the extras are not a necessity. It almost feels like the swap project loses its specialness when it's only a tiny part of an extravaganza I also hate the feeling that someone might not sign up to swap because they feel that they aren't able to "keep up with the Jones'"
i love swapping! Getting to know you all and share ideas is so much fun to me! I'm glad you all are enjoying the swap and are so supportive of each other.
Ill let you know what next months swap will be in a couple of days.
Yes, exactly, and we are having a good time.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 PM

Teresa,
Thanks for running this swap! Count me in on the ones who say let's get February at least half done before we go to March. Time flies fast enough as it is, eh??..
I understand your stance on the extras, but I can't lie and say I don't enjoy tucking in a few. It matters not a whit to me if I get any back.
But you can't please everyone all the time is so true.
Some want to know what's next before we're half done here, some don't.
Some want to tuck in extras, some don't.
Girl, as I told our dear sweet (and terribly missed by me) Brat, I could not be a full-time swap hostess. I am fine to help out, and I'm happy to be an "angel"...really happy, as I'm certainly no angel in real life...lol. But I couldn't run a swap full-time.
Regards,
K
Old 02-12-2016, 06:28 AM

Well, I DID put a tiny extra something in JuneBillie's swap package because I promised her I'd send some sunshine. It kept the coasters from rattling around in the package

P.S. It's something I made a buttload of a few years ago......
Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

I'm always happy to get what I get. I've had to drop out of swaps b/c I couldn't afford the extras and postage on the extras. I love all I get and hope people like what I give them. A swap is a gamble on what you get, and I love all work, because it's made for me. that's the special part, and sometimes with all the goodies, it looses it's specialness. I love this swap b/c we are only swapping the item specified. I can concentrate on the item to be made, not what else will I get or give. Thanks for hosting this swap, it means a lot to me to meet new quilters. I'm just fast with everything I do. I have ADHD and i'm hyper and do a few things at once. Sorry if I'm fast, don't mean to insult anyone by finishing fast. I do it b/c if I don't do as soon as I get the person, i'll forget to make it. I'm always surprised to get something in the mail, I forget i'm to get something back. Please don't be offended if I finish fast.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

I believe I have had all of you ladies as partners. I love the homemade items you've all sent to me. I enjoy the swap and seeing what ya all get too. I am known for sending a few extra homemade items. I like trying new quick projects so I passed them on in my swaps. Now with POM I can make them as the actual swap. I do miss sending a little candy treat or some cocoa or some little extra like that. I feel this swap is fine just as it is.Hugs to all of you. Mary
Old 02-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie I am offended now you MUST send me lots of CHOCOLATE. lol
Old 02-12-2016, 10:59 AM

I'm with Mary. I love to make the extras and I noticed that some of the ones complaining didn't complain when they got extras. So I am only going to make what is called for and nothing else. We all knew not to expect extras as some people didn't include them and we were fine with that. I did make extras for people that I consider friends. That's my 2 cents.