February POM

Old 02-15-2016, 09:27 AM

JuneBillie, your package is awaiting you at the PO!!

And it's going to be close to 90 by Wednesday, we are just a "hair" cooler than SoCal right now! Beautiful blue skies and a light breeze. It's lovely!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

90's are to hot for me. I don't like it above 80. Are the post offices open today? (Presidents day) If not maybe tomorrow we will see some pictures.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for letting me know MizMelly.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:59 AM

This request may start a riot, but I'd love to know what our next POM will be. My style is to plan ahead.
Enjoy! A holiday for many!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

I would like to know too,now that most are done and the new sign up will be soon.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:30 AM

Not ready for next month yet. Need to get all of Feb done first.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Dotty, me too. I have alot on my plate right now and would like to get a jump on it so i can mail it out soon.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM

I'm with you Nelco. I like to plan ahead as much as possible, but I'm trying to look at it from both sides and from our hostesses points of views. It's not like we're making huge quilts. Small projects are usually fairly quickly done.
I never have had an issue with quick quilters, they can be done and then work on something else until our hostesses are ready to announce the next project.
And if someone is too busy, they may need to do what I had to do, drop a few swaps and admire everyone's work from afar for a while.
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

Mine has not been sent out yet due to the weather, but we have had lots of rain today and right now. I should be able to get it sent out tomorrow (Tuesday). (As always before deadline)

All of you feel free to do what you want. If I need too, I can always drop out since I am slower and using my given time. It sounds great those that are having the pretty warm weather, and those getting snow or ice, be careful.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 02-15-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Power Poster

My eyes have kind of been out of focus today. I started looking at the calendar, and seen it's the 15th. Is the not the middle of this month of February? The hard deadline is the last day of this month. Did some of you not read that in the opening of this swap? I just don't understand. Some of us even suggested to help some of you out to start another swap where you folks can sign up twice or however many times per month to be able to get your names as quick as possible and send out as quick as possible. Then you won't have anyone else keeping you from going forward at your speed. Why is that not a good idea?

The way it is with those who want quick ahead info, then in a hurry for names, then want the next day to start another one, the rest of us are not sure what's going on. For those like Lynnie, who said she has a lot going on, and to get done, why don't you take the time you have while waiting on some of us with these little swaps, to work more on those other things you say you are swamped with? I don't get it. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

For some of us, hearing when is the next swap has become an every month thing, and a every month complaint. It has become instead of relaxing and all the fun of planning to something rather stressful, and wondering if I am keeping up with those who always ready to send out the next day.

As far as saying, I like to plan ahead, I agree 100%. That is why we are given the whole month.

If you are so fast you are going to send out the next day, how will you ever be happy with waiting even a few weeks? Just wondering.

Enough said!!!!!!!

Last edited by JuneBillie; 02-15-2016 at 06:31 PM.