February POM

Old 02-15-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
My eyes have kind of been out of focus today. I started looking at the calendar, and seen it's the 15th. Is the not the middle of this month of February? The hard deadline is the last day of this month. Did some of you not read that in the opening of this swap? I just don't understand. Some of us even suggested to help some of you out to start another swap where you folks can sign up twice or however many times per month to be able to get your names as quick as possible and send out as quick as possible. Then you won't have anyone else keeping you from going forward at your speed. Why is that not a good idea?

The way it is with those who want quick ahead info, then in a hurry for names, then want the next day to start another one, the rest of us are not sure what's going on. For those like Lynnie, who said she has a lot going on, and to get done, why don't you take the time you have while waiting on some of us with these little swaps, to work more on those other things you say you are swamped with? I don't get it. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

For some of us, hearing when is the next swap has become an every month thing, and a every month complaint. It has become instead of relaxing and all the fun of planning to something rather stressful, and wondering if I am keeping up with those who always ready to send out the next day.

As far as saying, I like to plan ahead, I agree 100%. That is why we are given the whole month.

If you are so fast you are going to send out the next day, how will you ever be happy with waiting even a few weeks? Just wondering.

Enough said!!!!!!!

JuneBillie,
Agreed. I wasn't going to talk about this again, but it was brought up again.

Many of our hostesses may just need the time to finish the current swap before going on to the next. They're not just making whatever the project is, but also coordinating all of us as well as answering posts and private e-mails.
They also may work full-time either at home (stay at home gals and guys work hard too) or outside of the home. Or work part-time... Then they have families, extracurricular activities/hobbies... including quilting.
Some even host more than 1 swap. As I've not run a swap, I can't say how hectic it is. But I can imagine it's pretty hectic. Keeping X number of people "copasetic" is quite fun I'm sure...and I absolutely include myself.

Some of us don't like to feel pressured to send "lil extras" some of us also don't like to feel rushed. We can all finish when we finish as long as it's before the allotted deadline. If some are finished fast and mail out fast, that's terrific! But it doesn't mean we have to know what's next immediately every month.

Lastly, I am going to apologize to Teresa, because I don't want to make any added work for her. As some people aren't comfortable speaking up, I guess some others of us don't necessarily like speaking up, but here I am doing it.

It's her swap, and whatever she thinks is best is well...best.
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-15-2016, 08:57 PM

I'm sure every hostess can speak for herself. I'm going to unsubscribe to this thread. Some conversations spoil
my experience. The last thing I need is a lecture online.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

I also apologize to our sweet host Teresa. She is a wonderful, and very competent host. I have been on many of her other months of the mini quilt swaps, and she is always nothing but fair an appreciative of everyone. I could not do all she does. Thank you Teresa.

I have always had nothing but wonderful experiences on all swaps here, and have learned so much in so many ways. I so cherish all the good folks who go out of their way to help others.

I have enjoyed this first month's swap beginning the POM that Teresa has so graciously hosted for all of us, and because of my respect for you Teresa I will be here for the next month if this swap continues.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 PM

I truly do not understand what all of the fuss is about?
This is supposed to be fun, right?

Here's the deal as far as I'm concerned......
The POM swap will continue. The sign up will be the last week of the month, the POM will be divulged at that time. Please sign up if you're interested in participating and are able to meet the deadline. Partners will be posted ASAP after the 1st of the month. You will have until the last day of the month to send your POM to your partner.
It's absolutely that simple.

I enjoy hosting however, I do not enjoy playing referee (if ya know what I mean)
How about we find fun, encouraging things to talk about now
Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM

I'm happy things in my life have settled down where I can join back in some of these swaps. Will definitely be in next month. As I already said, you've always been a great hostess, Teresa.
Looking forward to see pics of the other coasters everyone gets this month!
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-16-2016, 06:24 AM

I'm a very happy camper these days! Loving the little swaps! I find myself going in 10 different directions and I'm STILL working full time!!! Just recently after months and months of saying I was going to do it, I finally tried my hand at making cold process soap. I'm now official addicted!! What I like about making soap is that after about 30-45 minutes of mixing a batch, it gets poured into a mold and sits for 24 hours, then removed and sliced into bars. AND then it has to dry and "age" for 4 to 6 weeks. No pressure there! Thinking of starting an Etsy shop after I retire, since I also do a lot of sewing and crafting too. Might as well see if I can generate a little extra revenue on my crafts, right?
Old 02-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Melanie that sounds like so much fun. I was doing some reading not long ago on this subject. I would love to sometime try a little batch of them even to have for gifts on hand.

I will be going to the post office today. Will check on mail, and send off for my swaps.
Everyone have a nice day.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:21 AM

Why are we going on about this again. I think before you sign up for a swap you should read all the directions and if you don't think you can follow them, then don't join. Too much drama for a swap. This is supposed to be fun.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 PM

Thanks nhnative We are starting anew!

Encouraging, supportive, fun sharing group that we all are!

Saw this CUTE pillow on fb I think. Think I'm gonna make one for my MIL. Our last name being Lambing and all
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542829[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 12642619_10205503719176731_2775187178872228567_n.jpg  
Old 02-16-2016, 12:34 PM

Is it one large pillow? Because it's darn cute!! I like big pillows myself.