February POM

Old 02-17-2016, 11:49 AM

Teresa,
There is a group on here, I think they're on block 43. But they've been so sweet to reply to me and said please join them and I could then cycle through from that point. The blocks are 6", I think. I need to double check. I'm currently finishing a sampler quilt for hubby's and my king size bed. It's only been 5 years in the making because I keep starting something else...lol. I'm doing it quilt as you go. My 1st time ever...so far, so good. I've got a couple of great books helping me in the qayg method.
I need to look up Farm Girl Vintage book...never heard of it!

Nelco,
Thanks for the info! Are you doing paper piecing, templates, or rotary? From my research some of the blocks are pretty entailed...so I'm going with paper piecing, I think.
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Teresa those are pretty blocks.

Kiffie I had forgot that you paper piece.
I keep looking to see if anyone starts another paper piecing swap, but would like one for beginners. lol....

I have never made anything yet with civil war fabric, but they are so pretty.

Later today I will be posting pictures of my coasters from MizMelly. I thank you so much Melanie for the very pretty coasters etc.

Teresa I received my beautiful coasters from MizMelly today, and also I have sent hers off. We had black ice until a bit later today. I can't wait for spring.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Ok, I couldn't wait any longer to post some pictures of my beautiful coasters from MizMelly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542922[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542923[/ATTACH]

The next picture is the other side. She made them double sided.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542924[/ATTACH]

Thank you Melanie. They are just beautiful, and will be used. Thank you for the nice note in the card, etc.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3325-small-.jpg   100_3328-small-.jpg   100_3343-small-.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

I forgot to add that Melanie used a pretty variegated thread to sew the veins into the leaves. I can use these coasters on one side for spring, summer, and the other side for fall.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Melanie, you did a wonderful job the leaf coasters. Very imaginative.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:29 PM

Love the leaf coasters. Nice job MizMelly!
This so fun! Love seeing what everyone comes up with
I'm working on my set for ctyankee. I think I've pulled about 3 different sets of fabric. I just can't decide. HELP ME!
Old 02-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Susan those leaves are beautiful. I seen the pattern somewhere. I love the idea of using the flower fabric on one side. Teresa, I always feel like choosing the fabrics are the hardest part of any pattern. Hope we see more pictures soon.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:36 PM

Hahahaha! Wish I can help you, Teresa!

Hey, JuneBillie, those maple leaf coasters are beautiful! I wouldn't mind a set! I'll have to put that on my Bucket List -- which gets longer & longer ...

What's the difference between a Dear Jane quilt & a Baby Jane quilt?

When the book came out for Dear Jane, I decided to make 3 quilts -- one for each daughter & one for myself. Well, I started 2, one for each girl. I got quite a lot done, including triangles, but never finished them. They reside in my UFO pile. One daughter wouldn't want it now because those just aren't her colors anymore. Not sure of the other one, who live sin Iceland. But the blocks, if I remember correctly, are 4", so are Baby Jane blocks smaller???
Old 02-17-2016, 05:40 PM

From what I've been told...is that only the "original" is a Dear Jane and of the quilts made to look like it are "baby Janes" That could be totally wrong, but I've had a number of elder quilters correct me.

My quilt will be the same size as the original and include every 4 1/2 inch block. It will not be sewn by hand however!!!! OMG could you imagine? There is a lady that works at the LQS that did it all by hand and is going to quilt it by hand too. It's just beautiful, but I can't imagine.

There's a woman in our group making 3. One for each of her children. NO WAY!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 PM

I just received my coasters from Bilben! Our carrier delivered them next door. Glad I made the march to pick
them up Aren't they cute! I turned one over so you could see the great storm cloud back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542935[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0117.jpg