Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up >

Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up

Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up

Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 AM

Cute tote.

I've got my handles fixed, so it's ready to mail now...LOL it was hard finding the thread to take apart cause I used the transparent thread...so I looked for the needle holes...LOL
it was fun to make...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Okay, here's a afew pics of "What I hold dear".
Thought I ws finished, but there is just one more thing I need to do. Will keep that a surprise for the recipient.
The things are I hold dear, are our dogs, and the freedom to express ourselves however we want, and I just love the Christmas season, and childrens ability to look at everything with wonder, so on went Santa and the reindeer.Over here that means the beach and everything that goes with it, I also collect small Christmas trees, so there was another outside pocket. The handles were santa under palm trees, in boats, plating golf, relaxing in general.
Inside there are a number of pockets, we must store things, but the fabric is a gold dragon with red flames. I adore dragons and the mystery that surrounds them. They are meant to be extremely nuturing and loyal, so I thought this also was appropriate.Okay, book written, lecture over, here's the pics.......
Wow,that is a beauty. I love my furkids too!!! :mrgreen:
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Ok, here's my tote for the 'What I Hold Dear' tote swap. Besides doing one in cats, a sewing theme was the only other choice I wanted to do. I feel like a day is lost if I don't get to sew. I didn't do a cat tote as the person that gets this might not like kitties.. :cry: I hope ya'all like it. I didn't have to babysit today so I made hay while I could.. :lol: And yes, it is quilted, just can't see the stitching. :wink:

Jean
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276966.jpe   attachment-276967.jpe   attachment-276968.jpe  
Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Beautiful tote. I will post a pic of mine by the end of the week. I had 8 RR at the house so I have been catching up on those 5 go out tomorrow. Another came in the mail so I only have 4 now but this is next of importance on my list. My theme is flowers and I love beads so there will be some beading on it too.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 PM

I love your sewing tote! I'll admit that I'm one who is not especially fond of kitties (I have 10 dogs). I am the same as you... I can't think right if I don't make time to sew SOMETHING! Great tote!

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
Ok, here's my tote for the 'What I Hold Dear' tote swap. Besides doing one in cats, a sewing theme was the only other choice I wanted to do. I feel like a day is lost if I don't get to sew. I didn't do a cat tote as the person that gets this might not like kitties.. :cry: I hope ya'all like it. I didn't have to babysit today so I made hay while I could.. :lol: And yes, it is quilted, just can't see the stitching. :wink:

Jean
Old 10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew

Jean
OMG, I LOVE, LOVE THIS!! :thumbup:
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

Have the names been drawn yet? I haven't heard. Nevermind, I went back to see the date. For some reason I was thinking the 24th. :oops:
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the praises - I did have fun putting this together. Hope my swap partner will like it. :thumbup:

Jean
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM

It's a great bag Jean! I've yet to start on mine can't find the pattern for the bag I posted earlier..but I've got in mind what I want to do, just need to do it.

Hugs,
CajunBear
Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Well here is my tote........ finished tonight.
Hope who ever gets it will like it..........

ScrapQuilter

tote for friendship swap.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277177[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-277124.jpe