Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
  #541  
Super Member
 
SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,741
Default

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
whew! Im back, boy is it cold out there! the wind knocked the power out for internet :( and I had a flat tire yesterday with no jack! is it really wrong to sit in the car while dh braves the cold to change the tire???

NICE blocks sandpat! I see a couple of mine there :D

my PRETTY chicken is done! I will post a pic tommorow :D
Well no, it isn't wrong for you to sit in the car while DH changes the tire. You simply were a Damsel in Distress instead of a Deranged Damsel... You were worthy of a wamer place to be. :shock: :shock: :shock: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
!!!LOL!!! damsel in distress I have to tell dh that one :D :D :D

I couldnt wait till tommorow, here is... PRETTY chicken
Oh, how cute! Is PRETTY her name? I love her. She seems so delicate... I want one, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? lol :lol:
SewExtremeSeams is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
  #542  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 29,510
Default

deranged, your pretty chicken is sure that! :)
Mariposa is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
  #543  
Super Member
 
deranged_damsel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right Here
Posts: 1,323
Default

yes, "pretty" is her name... I think she might be a ballerina

Dh is laughing over the "damsel in distress" and he says, "but they dont understand! it was 15 BEFORE wind chill factor!"

DH is a sweetie :D he totally deserves this quilt :D I am enjoying making it for him :D that should be worth a flat tire in freezing wind and weather :D :D :D
deranged_damsel is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 05:28 PM
  #544  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 18,726
Default

Pretty chicken is sooooo pretty!!! She has some attitude with those pretty swirls on her. I love her little feet too..

Nope..you should have been inside the car...of course..you are delicate aren't you??? Just tell him , big studdly macho man that he must be...he can take the cold..:wink:
(Really, sorry you had the flat...what a bummer!)
sandpat is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
  #545  
Senior Member
 
leakus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Margate, FL
Posts: 955
Default

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
whew! Im back, boy is it cold out there! the wind knocked the power out for internet :( and I had a flat tire yesterday with no jack! is it really wrong to sit in the car while dh braves the cold to change the tire???

NICE blocks sandpat! I see a couple of mine there :D

my PRETTY chicken is done! I will post a pic tommorow :D
Well no, it isn't wrong for you to sit in the car while DH changes the tire. You simply were a Damsel in Distress instead of a Deranged Damsel... You were worthy of a wamer place to be. :shock: :shock: :shock: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
!!!LOL!!! damsel in distress I have to tell dh that one :D :D :D

I couldnt wait till tommorow, here is... PRETTY chicken
Love Pretty love it love it
leakus is offline  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
  #546  
Super Member
 
SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,741
Default

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
yes, "pretty" is her name... I think she might be a ballerina

Dh is laughing over the "damsel in distress" and he says, "but they dont understand! it was 15 BEFORE wind chill factor!"

DH is a sweetie :D he totally deserves this quilt :D I am enjoying making it for him :D that should be worth a flat tire in freezing wind and weather :D :D :D
I am sure your DH is a sweetie. And you tell him we feel for him having to be out in 15 degree weather before the wind chill is factored in. Unfortunately we have that here at times. Just getting in and out of the car is an experience. Brrr... wind in addition to super cold just zaps life out of a person!

Tonight we have 25 degrees but no wind. The stars are absolutely brilliant and popping out in the dark sky. So beautiful.

:-D
SewExtremeSeams is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM
  #547  
Senior Member
 
SuzanneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 608
Default

I have 2 sets ready to blanket stitch and I may do a 3rd set, not sure yet.

Suzanne
SuzanneTx is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
  #548  
Senior Member
 
catpawski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Posts: 591
Default

Can't wait to see them...............Suzanne
catpawski is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
  #549  
Senior Member
 
heyjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 453
Default

I'm new here and I LOVE chickens! I have 8 beautiful ladies running around my back yard most days. I will try to see what I can come up with but the pictures really really helped. Thanks for making quilting so fun and cute! This is something my kids will have fun with me on (I'll give them design and color input!).
heyjami is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
  #550  
Senior Member
 
catpawski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Posts: 591
Default

Originally Posted by heyjami
This is something my kids will have fun with me on (I'll give them design and color input!).
Sounds very interesting...........wonder what they will come up with..........
catpawski is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mariposa
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
729
03-02-2012 07:15 AM
sandpat
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
841
09-18-2011 04:02 PM
grammynan
Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
88
02-14-2011 06:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter