Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky House Block Swap - Signup Closes 15 Apr 2012 >

Funky House Block Swap - Signup Closes 15 Apr 2012

Funky House Block Swap - Signup Closes 15 Apr 2012

Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM

And those links can be a good leaping point for funky. Most are using there scraps so that will make it fun.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM

Right now we have 20 people signed up.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM

Thanks Craftsy! I just don't want to make it too hard on you to try and keep it all straight...I am fine to just make funky houses, birdhouses, etc. Or some of each...I only said I would like to make the ones I trade and get into a neighborhood/town. I love all the ideas that have been posted! While I do live in the country, the city closest to me has all kinds of houses, wonky and traditional (actually some that are wonky maybe aren't supposed to be, but have ended up that way...lol), quilt shops, dog houses, bird houses, school houses, etc..so for me I would love a big variety...and then I want to try and make them into some kind of neighborhood/town theme. But....I didn't mean to cause confusion about the swap, I was only meaning to ask if putting in a schoolhouse would be ok, just like the suggestion of a quilt shop...So, Craftsy, I am fine with however you do it, its already a lot of work to organize a swap, and I just appreciate you and all the others who do them for us! If I can get the picture to post, I will post a pic of the quilt top I made that has the schoolhouse in it...and actually I am going to add a little outhouse over beside it, just because I like the idea...I am thinking I can probably make a wonky schoolhouse even, sometimes its harder to keep all the lines straight anyways, eh?..
Regards to all,
Kif
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM

I really don't mind. If you look at the quilt top I posted on pg.5 Dottys quilt it has all kinds of houses.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 AM

So were we doing embroidery as well? I have a traditional embroidery pattern for the outhouse that is really pretty. I thought if I did do this swap, still thinking on time, that I could do an outhouse, quilt shoppe, traditional two story house, and then do a simple house block. Would that work?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
So were we doing embroidery as well? I have a traditional embroidery pattern for the outhouse that is really pretty. I thought if I did do this swap, still thinking on time, that I could do an outhouse, quilt shoppe, traditional two story house, and then do a simple house block. Would that work?
Ooohh, I love your ideas! Maybe you and I can do a swap, eh??.....I just love the "quirkiness" of all the different types of houses, buildings, etc...the outhouse I have to put on my sampler quilt beside the schoolhouse is one I actually made with wooden slat fabric, I appliqued a little half moon on the door, and am going to applique it to the block. I still plan to post a pic, but am having trouble uploading pics. I have been trying to change my avatar pic, too..but since the board change every time I try to post a pic, or change my avatar, I get an "upload failed" message...have tried doing a search here to get ideas on what I am doing wrong, but not finding anything. Next time my IT guy son stops by I will have him help me..
Bye all,
Kif
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
I really don't mind. If you look at the quilt top I posted on pg.5 Dottys quilt it has all kinds of houses.
I saw that pic, and love that quilt! That is one reason why I wondered about doing a mix of houses/buildings...
Thanks,
Kif
Old 01-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Ok, I think I actually figured out how to post pics, so here is a pic of the sampler quilt top I just finished piecing, and a close-up of the school house block...here goes: [ATTACH=CONFIG]306144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306145[/ATTACH]
I am going to applique the little outhouse I made over between the trees beside the schoolhouse. I am also thinking one could make the schoolhouse wonky, too...
Take care all,
Kif
PS Sorry so small, I am guess I am doing good to figure out how to even post them, let alone post them bigger..
Attached Thumbnails 124.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-25-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Kif-your houses and such are fun! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Very cute!...
Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Ok, I think I actually figured out how to post pics, so here is a pic of the sampler quilt top I just finished piecing, and a close-up of the school house block...here goes: [ATTACH=CONFIG]306144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]306145[/ATTACH]
I am going to applique the little outhouse I made over between the trees beside the schoolhouse. I am also thinking one could make the schoolhouse wonky, too...
Take care all,
Kif
PS Sorry so small, I am guess I am doing good to figure out how to even post them, let alone post them bigger..