Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!!  WE ARE FULL!!! >

I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!! WE ARE FULL!!!

I-Spy Gender Neutral 6" Square Swap -- Sign-up is Closed!!! WE ARE FULL!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by marybrace
Please clarify the Winter Holiday. I interpret it as WINTER but not Christmas....
Winter, Snow, Holiday Cheer, Snowmen, etc. Think COLD during this HOT summer heat!

Sending you a PM also. :)
Old 06-20-2011, 02:00 PM

Just sitting and planning my I Spy quilts. I think I am going to do Mary Johnson's Twisted Happy Blocks Quilt. However, in order to use the whole swap block, I will use the 6 inch novelty squares and my rectangles will be 5 x 11, cut diagonally. I just made two blocks with colored paper for the rectangles and white paper centers. I can't wait to get my squares so I can find the rest of my fabric. Has anyone else figured out how they are going to use the swap squares? By the way, I hope cowboy boots are gender neutral. My son and DIL got married June 4th and she wore cowboy boots under her wedding dress. It was so cute to see her lift her dress and start dancing away in her boots. Things are really different in WYO than they are in MO and we loved every minute of it. (I might have to change my name to proudmama.)
Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by L8quilter
Just sitting and planning my I Spy quilts. I think I am going to do Mary Johnson's Twisted Happy Blocks Quilt. However, in order to use the whole swap block, I will use the 6 inch novelty squares and my rectangles will be 5 x 11, cut diagonally. I just made two blocks with colored paper for the rectangles and white paper centers. I can't wait to get my squares so I can find the rest of my fabric. Has anyone else figured out how they are going to use the swap squares? By the way, I hope cowboy boots are gender neutral. My son and DIL got married June 4th and she wore cowboy boots under her wedding dress. It was so cute to see her lift her dress and start dancing away in her boots. Things are really different in WYO than they are in MO and we loved every minute of it. (I might have to change my name to proudmama.)
I have been thinking about trying a D9P with bright colors in the blocks to be cut and leave the I Spy blocks whole. I haven't tried the D9P pattern out yet, so this will be my first. If I don't do that maybe attic windows, another first for me. I won't know for sure until I see what blocks I will have to work with. It is exciting to try to plan it out tho.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM

I think my favorite would be the D9P. More colorful for children. Had to look it up first to make sure what it was. I love the attic windows, it's on my list of things to try.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 AM

Fun ideas!!! I have NO idea what I'm going to be doing with mine yet. :) Gonna be fun. Was thinking a square in square... :)
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 AM

Anyone have any other swaps they would like to see over the next few months? Start PM'ing or posting your ideas. :)
Old 06-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by L8quilter

I plan on making this next one for my nephew who will be 2 in August... Below are 2 others I have made in the last few months... Simple pattern but lots of fun... My son plays I spy every night when we tuck him in. The kids really love them.
(....and Cowboy boots are gender neutral - the quilt I made when my niece was born was cowboy themed. )

One I made for my 5 year old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214806[/ATTACH]

Back of my son'd quilt - with some fabric my mom has made shirts for him
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214807[/ATTACH]

For my 1 year old niece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214808[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214800.jpe   attachment-214801.jpe   attachment-214802.jpe  
Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Mine are going into a quilt/quillow for my grandaughter. One side will be the I spy blocks done in D9P with the other side school fabrics.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 AM

I was thinking of doing a snowball pattern....
Old 06-21-2011, 11:17 AM

Attic Windows for me.