Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

I've thought that it would be fun to do one that way..however, I keep don't have the time because I am playing on here with all my friends. It really means alot to me to have my friends work on the quilt with me...but yes, I think it would be interesting to do a quilt this way by yourself...although you could never come up with all the great ideas that other minds do.....know what I mean???
Old 01-23-2010, 09:02 PM

I completely agree. I love that my IRR is being added to by so many friends. Before joining the board last summer, quilting was such an isolated hobby for me with very little to keep me motivated. I think I've sewn more in the last six months than I have in the last six years. But I still think I may try a medallion quilt solo, but probably just a wall hanging. I'll check my stash for an inspiration fabric and go from there. Maybe try a new-to-me block for the center. I'm thinking out loud here, because it won't happen for a very long time - too many swaps I'm involved in now! LOL. And thoroughly enjoying every one!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

That will be fun sew cornie. I'm like you, I say "Yes" to way too many things, then run myself crazy trying to keep up :lol: But its way too much fun to pass up on most of them.

I do have 1 very special hand needlework piece that I did years ago that I would love to have be the center of a quilt. I thought about using it this year, but I'm actually afraid to take the chance mailing it around the world...so I might make my own RR with it ......*sigh...* ....someday.. :wink:
Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
As I've been working on these centers and watching all the others progress, I've wondered what it would be like to do one completely on my own:

make a center without a plan for the whole quilt. let it speak to me. add a border. wait. listen. add a border. etc.

Have any of you ever made a quilt like this without a plan first? I've never done it and it would be a HUGE challenge for me as I'm such a planner. But it seems like it would be quite intriguing.

Thoughts?
It would be really fun to make it with just one friend, in pairs; sending it back and forth. Time restraints would be less. You would do just every other round, and could work one fabric into it on a couple of different rounds.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 AM

I spent an entire evening yesterday worming my way through this and all the ongoing pic threads. I'm soooo delighted and excited to see it. Are you going to do Round 3 of this? When you do, how do I get in? :)
Old 02-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Well....that was some heavy reading!!! But the pics are eye popping aren't they???? It is a ton of fun!

I'm SURE there will be another one this year...probably started sometime around when the current one finishes up....AUG/Sept timeframe. If I don't lead it, someone will...these are too much fun to not have one every year! To get in...just watch for the sign up listing and sign up....its that easy! We'd LOVE to have you play with us!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 PM

Put me down for USA/Canada
Char
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Char...you need to check this thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54331-2.htm
Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Please sign me up for USA - doing 2

thank you
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 AM

This is the one that is already in progress.