Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM

actually, what someone else typed is correct.
Go to any thread, scroll down to the bottom of any page and at the left hand corner, you will see the words "Watch this topic" ... click on that and as the previous writer suggested, every time someone posts to that thread, you will receive an email for that thread.
I used to think I had to post a comment, or I wouldn't receive responses, and then I got tired of a thread and didn't know how to get out of it!
IDEA!
read all the words on the page <g> ... what a blessing! LOL

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
ladies and gents - not sure I like have separate threads for all the quilts running around. It's very complicated trying to look at all the pictures? I'm focusing too much on my own groups and not seeing the other work as much!! Does anyone else agree, or do you prefer having 9 different threads for photos!!???
Well, I didn't participate last time, but I would think that everyone posting on the same thread would get really messy, I mean, there would be A LOT going on in one thread, you know? I know what you mean about having to look up every other group's topic to see what's going on...
I dunno, I guess there's no winning, eh?
Old 10-21-2009, 04:51 AM

Well Omak I went to the bottom of this thread and unless I am going mad my screen says UNwatch this topic. When I clicked it, it said Done, you wil NOT receive notifications about this topic.

Now where oh where am I going wrong please.

Elle
Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 AM

If you have commented on a topic you will receive an email informing you of any updates. Every time you get an email you need to go look at whatever comment. It only sends you a reminder email after you have looked at it.

If you don't want to comment but you do want to receive emails click on the watch this topic.

If you have commented on something but you don't choose to continue watching or reading every comment you can unwatch this topic.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well Omak I went to the bottom of this thread and unless I am going mad my screen says UNwatch this topic. When I clicked it, it said Done, you wil NOT receive notifications about this topic.

Now where oh where am I going wrong please.

Elle
<g> If it says "Unwatch", clicking on that means: I don't want to watch this topic.
Go to any thread that you have not commented on ... scroll to the bottom of the page and it will say: Watch this topic .... click on that, and you are on the email list for that topic.
As mentioned, when you receive an email, you must connect to that link in the email, or you will not receive another email from that thread.
If you select a thread and comment on it, automatically, you are included as a "fan" (oh, please! I have looked at too many websites! There is one that has pictures of "followers" .... LOL)
So! select a thread that you are receiving emails from, and when you scroll down, you will see "Unwatch" this thread. (I hope you clicked on this thread to watch it again :shock: )
Select a thread you have never made comment in. Do not make a comment -- just scroll to a bottom of the page, and you will see:
Watch this Topic .... you will receive emails without ever having made a comment.
DOes that help? <g>
Old 10-21-2009, 08:46 AM

I went to an IRR thread and it worked for me.

This thread which I have watched and commented on has UNwatch at the bottom.

Elle
Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM

Unwatch this topic (this enables/disables e-mail notifications)

in the parentheses, it explains what will happen if you click on the underlined words of: Unwatch this topic ...

LOL .. since I never totally understood why I got emails in the first place <g> it took me a long time to start reading all that information at the bottom of the page.

This forum is such a grand place to be because our Administrator knows all these little tricks ... and, because all of us work together to make sure everyone involved can be involved by understanding the benefits.
Hopefully, I have not led anyone astray. :roll:
Old 10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

You are all right about the watching/unwatching and how hard it is going to be to keep up with all the IRR action this year. The bottom line is...it is a HUGE group and there are 60...yes 60 quilts flying around. I think that no matter how we try to do it....it will be hard to keep up with. The watching/commenting in all the threads will probably be the best way...unless we can come up with another solution and with the size of the group...I don't think there is one.

I'm more worried about making sure they all get to and from their destinations than I am in everyone being able to keep up with them all :oops:
Old 10-22-2009, 06:03 AM

I made a sheet of paper, for everyone to sign and will turn it into a cloth label....I don't know how but I will figure it out by that time. Today I will shop for a matching fabric for Omaks...fun :wink: :wink: :wink:

The most confusing thing so far for me is emails for to an from....I will probably screw that up.... :oops:
Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 AM

I think posting the sending on the group thread or the pm feature will work just fine ... is that what is confusing you?
shopping??? you get to go shopping??? Well, aren't you the lucky one <g> I think that moderator is going to lock this thread pretty soon, so we will be working with the group threads ... if I understand everything <g> ... mind you! I have a tendancy to come up with my own explanations <g> ... when it gets time to start mailing the completed first round to the next operation, then a new thread will go up for each group?
If that isn't the way it is going to be <g> did I just solve something, remember something, or? create another "problem" ?
One of my friends told me that he KNEW I was a creative person - - I caused trouble wherever I went! LOL

Originally Posted by Knot Sew
I made a sheet of paper, for everyone to sign and will turn it into a cloth label....I don't know how but I will figure it out by that time. Today I will shop for a matching fabric for Omaks...fun :wink: :wink: :wink:

The most confusing thing so far for me is emails for to an from....I will probably screw that up.... :oops:
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

omak...we are posting on the group threads that have already been established...go back on this thread a few posts and you'll see Elle listed the links. We will continue to use those threads..throughout..is the plan.