Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM

I do like triangles!!! Scrappy sounds great!!! Can't wait to see. I am putting the finishing touches on the one I am working on hope to get in mail soon.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Hi Ladies,
Vicki I agree, it does seem we are all working down to the wire on this round. I suspect it may be because of the holidays at least I know in my case it is due to this and also my 3 week vacation prior to Christmas.

Have been working flat out on my current centre, have all four sides mainly complete and just need to sew them all in place and square it all off.

Was so disappointed today to see a pic of another centre in one of the other groups. Seems we have some sort of esp. going on as once again I have done something much the same as someone else. I don’t have time to change it now so will persevere. Had hoped to have sent it out by now but it isn’t likely to happen till tomorrow, sorry :(
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Well I have finished the centre and shall post it out today. I have the makings of a star (two half done in alternate corners) and as a result shall send on some of the fabric I used in case the next person wishes to incorporate that into their design for the next border.

Cheers
Old 01-11-2011, 08:39 PM

I was going to do the same thing, as I found a good color match and had already decided to send the rest of the quarter yd I didn't use along with the center I am working on. Should get it done tomorrow and ready to mail on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work! Soon!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day

Was so disappointed today to see a pic of another centre in one of the other groups. Seems we have some sort of esp. going on as once again I have done something much the same as someone else. I don’t have time to change it now so will persevere. :(
I don't think you should be concerned if what you did is similar to what another did- just means you both had a great idea! Don't be disappointed, take it as a compliment! I certainly don't think you should consider changing what you have done for that reason.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Thank you Vicki,
Have already completed the centre and with time being so short now I do not have time to make any changes with the over all design.
Have posted the centre so in about a weeks time or so you should receive it.

Cheers
Kathleen
Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 AM

What, no picture of your work?????
Old 01-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Well, I AM DONE!!!! This was a lot of work, ,my sister suggested the design. I am not one that does much(ANY) applique, but felt the corners needed it.
Kay, I hope this is not too busy, I think the next round may need to calm this down a bit. The wavy on the edges is mostly wrinkles in my design wall.
It is a lot of fun to be stretched and do something a little out of the range of what I usually do, this is a great experience for me.
I want to see the rest of you get done and posted! This will be in the mail on Friday.

completed 2nd round on Kherrin's center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158828[/ATTACH]

Close up of corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158829[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158823.jpe   attachment-158824.jpe  
Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM

WOW!!! I'm speechless and for me my children will tell you that takes some doing!!! I absolutely love what you did Vicki...it looks wonderful!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Did I tell you I really, really, really like it!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Fantastic job on Kays centre Vicki, and yes there is a picture of my work, DD hasn't been around to download it for me onto the computer so I can send it. Will be done as soon as I can tie her down to doing it :lol: The corner applique looks great, I had been going to do a copy of the applique shrink it and put it in the centre of each section of the flying geese borders but in the end decided it would look too busy so left it as it was. This latest round being wider makes all the difference and the centre is popping very well, yes you did a great job on it :D