Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 02-01-2015, 04:05 PM

How many of you girls want the flowers I make, saw that someone else is making them... Please post on here and let me know if you want one,... I am going to start looking for another type in a month or so...

Karen please put me on your list or Lynnie's list for April for the thread catcher Mauve and green will work, either one of you can make me one for my Living room chair for where I sew...
Old 02-01-2015, 04:12 PM

What flowers are those, Ladybug?
Old 02-01-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
What flowers are those, Ladybug?
Inquiring minds want to know?

So, Karen, you are making pincushions/thread catchers in any color someone wants and Lynnie you are making those round needle/thread holders in any color someone wants???? That's a lot of postage
Old 02-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

right now i'm ding the roll ups. they are little needle cases that hold thread, needles, pins, small scissors and wax. I put a small pincushion inside of it. I have some people on the swap that really want it so we're trying to get to everyone each month. I asked about theother one with the thread catcher bag to see if anyone would want that AFTER I got everyone the roll. the flowers that Ladybug are talking about are beautiful. it looks like a cross between a pointessetia and a cactus flower. beautiful petals, and a center surrounded by leaves. about 20-30 posts back, she put up a picture of them. very pretty and useful. If anyone want the rollup. just let our hostess know, and we'll get you on the list. Due to postage, i'll do one a month. I love working on them, but the postage as you all know is a killer.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:41 PM

I had planned on doing the pincushion with the thread holder for the swap each month. I won't be sending them separate. I can't afford the postage since I live only on my social security. I've cut back on the swaps I do. I've been spending too much on postage. I like to do the mini quilt swap and of course the pc swap. That's all I can afford. So, I will have to add one person a month on the list.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Lynnie and Karen, I do not see why anyone who wants either a roll up needle case or a thread holder could not be responsible for sending you postage for you to send it. I know I would be willing and grateful!

Also, Ladybug 1938, I LOVE your flowers and would definitely appreciate your making me one. Either out of swap or when you get me for a partner....as I imagine you will SOMEDAY if we both continue to play. I will gladly pay for postage!

I just do not want to put a burden on anyone who is already working hard to complete their swaps.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I too am on disability, so I will do it as a swap partner. I've been here a awhile an plan on stying for awhile. it's lots of fun, so as I get your name, you'll get a surprise. I see a few more of you want one, so i'll continue to make them every month till everyone has one. have fun everyone. My partners will be on the way tomorrow to it's new home.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
How many of you girls want the flowers I make, saw that someone else is making them... Please post on here and let me know if you want one,... I am going to start looking for another type in a month or so...

Karen please put me on your list or Lynnie's list for April for the thread catcher Mauve and green will work, either one of you can make me one for my Living room chair for where I sew...
Hi, ladybug, I, too, do not see any pictures of flowers, I went back through the whole site again, and did not see it. Would you post it again, please, for us who can't find it? Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

I am not doing one the month of Feb. I have been on this swap awhile too. I love it, but not only am I also on Social Security Disability, but I have several Autoimmune disorders such as Lupus, and I have very low energy 24/7. I seem to be getting worse each year, but thankful to be on here. I have one of Lynnie's beautiful roll up cases. I would in the future if you get my name love one of those flowers, or one of those pincushions with the thread catcher. I love all my pincushions and needle cases I have had made for me from wonderful people here. Like Karen, I also try to do the mini quilts. I started the first month they started up, so am staying with it as long as I can. Small projects are about all I can do for swaps. I do the monthly quilt block swap. Have done the easy post card swap. Not much postage on either of those. It took me awhile to figure out I can get a tracking number without priority mail. It helps with postage. I hopped on board the mystery train ride #8 this time. It is working out nice, but I am behind everyone. lol... I won't have to worry about postage, because it is for me. I am going to use it for a lap quilt since I chill easily at night when watching tv.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

POST 441 HAS THE FLOWERS PINCUSION. GO CK IT OUT.
they are very pretty and as I said, mine was for Christmas so I got a poinsettia
type of flower.