Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Oh gracious, Rumbols!! Finished already? I've cut everything out but I haven't been able to sew a lot...I'm picking out pretties for my new home but hope to start it in the coming weeks.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Teen, as I am limited to not picking up anything over 5 pounds for three months (it has only been one), I can't do house work, dishes, etc. So I sew when I can. Besides, I had the pattern traced on fusible web before my surgery. The hardest part was picking up the iron. Now I am back to working on Christmas gifts. Teen, good luck with your wall hanging.
    Rumbols

Blog Entries
    Red and Black is all pieced! Not quilted, but the top is now together...won't start quilting it until next week, so I can work on my wall hanging! There are two that I'm torn between, so have done a bit on both, thinking I could make up my mind that way but that didn't work so I'll have to do a bit more on each one...hmmmm....maybe I'll end up finishing both? Then I'll have a problem with which to send. I'm afraid one is going to end up being much larger than I intended (I seldom use a pattern so most of mine are done by the seat of my pants and sometimes they are a surprise even to me!)...but at least with two I'll have a choice......
    Life happens...and we react...

Hi. New swapper here. I'm thinking this could be fun! I'm going to do my best to get my name on the "ready to mail" list. I already have an idea, fabrics selected, and have started cutting.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the swap WheezyBreezy! I'm sure others will be here to welcome you too...they are probably busy with their projects. Right now I'm sort of in a 'shall I start over?' stage...not quite satisfied with my beginning...but not dissatisfied enough to toss it....

Welcome WheezyBreezy. We always like new quilters to join us. Everyone is so nice here.
    I have finished my wall hanging and am working on my Christmas gifts. But I will be starting an new wall hanging soon for the next swap.
    Rumbols

Name:  161FDA7C-AA84-4200-B812-63A71B57183B.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  689.5 KB
    Having so much fun in the sun with this!

Blog Entries
    Oh wow! Is that something that can be quilted?...or is it not your wall hanging??? Fascinating at any rate....

Itís on fabric and is washable on broadcloth so hopefully the quilting will work... thinking of hand-stitching together Iíll be adding more to it.

Itís a photo process called Cyanotype that I really love. Itís like magic watching it transform in the water. A kit only costs $15on Amazon

Blog Entries
    Wonderful! You're going to challenge us all to try something new, it seems. Can't wait to see the finished product. I would love to try this but have so many things going on (that I wanted to try) that I'm out of room! Keep us up on the process, please......

I like this technique Sew piece full, and it looks like you’ve been doing it awhile. It’s beautiful. look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sew piece full View Post
    Name:  161FDA7C-AA84-4200-B812-63A71B57183B.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  689.5 KB
    Having so much fun in the sun with this!
    I've seen this done but never tried it myself. Yours looks really pretty! Love seeing new ideas on here!!

I would like to join this one. I have the top finished. It is not holiday at all so if your looking for fall themed piece, you won't want mine. I am just afraid of doing something, then I like it...but am so scared the receiver will be disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
    I would like to join this one. I have the top finished. It is not holiday at all so if your looking for fall themed piece, you won't want mine. I am just afraid of doing something, then I like it...but am so scared the receiver will be disappointed.
    There is no theme in this swap so don't worry about a fall theme. I know everyone who joins in will be pleased with whatever Wall Hanging they get. Just enjoy the swap!

You can show the top any time you want to and get feedback if it will make you feel better but I can assure you everyone will love it!

Just make sure you send me a pm when it is finished and ready to mail.

Addresses will go out at midnight on the last day of October.

That is really cool, Sewpieceful..... Unique and new...love it..

Welcome Boop....let her rip, girl. We will love whatever you create. You have plenty of time to play....just have fun.

Just returned from Calif and I'm hoping to start sewing this weekend. It's all cut and ready.....fingers crossed it looks like what is in my head..lol..
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Lots of ideas going through my head but I haven't grabbed one out yet. I'm leaning towards a pattern I've wanted to try with a cat in it.
    That process Sewpieceful is trying is very interesting. I've never heard of it before but can't wait to see her results.
    Glad to see some new names. This is such a fun swap. Teen, Can't wait to see what you come up with
    I need to get started!
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Skaduzy...hope you decide on the cat theme...would love to see it...but then, I like cats. Don't have one, but really like them.

Welcome back Boop56...wondered why you left...

Teen...well, mine didn't turn out the way it was in my head....haven't decided exactly what to do yet...start over????? Go with what I have???? Will decide later, I suppose....guess I could post a picture, but you ladies are always so supportive (which is great, don't think I don't appreciate it!) that I'm afraid I might think the thing is better than it is. It isn't quilted yet...that might help it a bit.....

Oh...so sorry granky you's aren't pleased with your creation....I'm sure it's lovely...we are so hard on ourselves...

I started sewing mine today...Didn't get very far...trying to decide size.... I'll share when I have more to show..

Working on WH today....sandwiched and ready to machine applique and quilt...add some embellishments...I really like it...I hope you guys do too.

Blog Entries
    Teen...everything you make is beautiful....how could we not like it?

Granky....thank you...that is sweet to say....but I've made mega floppers before...hopefully, not this one ..

I finished my WH and letting Rhonda know I'm ready to mail.... Will post picture tmo when the light is better...

Here it is... Since I had a bunch of hexi's left from my hexi quilt, I used the scraps from that quilt to make this. This was inspired by a Wendy Williams pattern...she used wool circles and heavy hand embroidery.... I used hexi's and added a swing with my signature mini quilt embellishment. Lol.. This is 13 X 33.... I think this would look so cute over a door... Still need to add a sleeve, which I've never done but it's ready otherwise. I hope you like it....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Teen...I love your WH...but I think this is really strange...since I'm not going to use either of these I'm going to post pics...they didn't turn out as I planned, but I think it's a bit strange that we both had a swing...do great minds think alike? Lol
    Name:  0001.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  168.7 KB Name:  0001a.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  166.8 KB

Thanks, granky!! Yes, indeed, great minds!! I almost did a tire swing then changed my mind. Too funny! and, I like your WH'ings... Very pretty!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast