Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Blog Entries
    Thank you Ladies....red is OK in small doses, but it is definitely not my color. At least I learned something...the next time (if I ever agree to such a thing again!) there will be lots of negotiating before any agreement!...both on colors and pattern....

dogs and cats

So I got started and picked a Bloomin' Minds pattern I bought about 8 years ago. Always wanted to do it and never did because of the hand stitched words......well, my hand stitching is still not very good (because I never practice) but I'm doing it anyway . I feel good that I've at least started!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Looks good from here
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Adorable!!!!! Love it love it! Stitching looks great....
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Thanks quiltnNan and Teen. I've done a lot of ripping and will have to use a shot of steam to shrink up the needle holes but I'm having fun!
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Way to go Skaduzy! I think someone said that this is the place to try new things? I really like your embroidery.....

Skaduzy....I'm not a great hand embroidery crafter...not a lot of practice...but I finished these tiny pillows today. They were so much fun to do I'm going to do more.. Don't look too closely on my stitching. Lol.. These are from a tiny pillow book called "Bowl Me Over" by Debbie Busby...I took some liberties with patterns (she made hers with wool and blanket stitch applique) Anywhooo...thought I'd share a fun project... The tiniest pillow finishes 3" and all are turned edge/Machine sewn applique
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Teen....those are precious! Another new thing on here.....wonder what will be next?

Looks like you are off to a pretty good start, skaduzy. So cute.

Teen, after seeing your array of sweet little pillows I think a little hand stitching would be fun. I’m inspired. It happens a lot here ��

Granky, love your wall hanging idea. You are doing a great job. Teen, those are gorgeous pillows.
    Rumbols

Thank you!! I finished my barn quilt, too....here it is if you are interested. I'm trying to decide block and colors for the next one for inside my new house.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...t-t306552.html

Blog Entries
    Beautiful barn quilt...or should I say....garage quilt? Maybe we can start a new trend....most folks don't have a barn, but most do have a garage......

Thanks, granky...I've seen these on a variety of buildings, not just barns....though, I think on old delapitated barns is my fav spot. Some have smaller ones on their front porch, on "she sheds" etc. I think they are cool regardless of where you mount them. The tile I selected for my guest bathroom is the pinwheel block....clearly, a quilter will live in my house. Lol..

Hey all! I just finished reading through the posts and see that we have some newbies! Welcome! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I have been so busy this summer - barely had time time for some quilting let alone "slacking off on the computer LOL"

Some of you know that I have a massive garden in my front yard, and I love it, but this was the year (year 8) that I seriously needed to rework it. Some plants have been divided, some are just gone, and others have been rearranged.

I ended up making a "map" of my garden, and with the help of my FB friends have identified every plant / flower / herb in my yard. Turns out I have some of the same plant more than once (I have 6 delphiniums LOL who knew!)

So, to make sure I don't do repeats again, I decided to make outdoor labels for my plants. I bought white ceramic tiles (3x6) and oil based markers and drew the picture of the plant, but the latin and common name on each tile. Sealed them up with outdoor podge, put them in a plastic sealable bag and have started putting them out in my garden. (I have over 200 to do! Am half way done!)

I am hoping that this will help me remember what I have, and don't need! It's been a lot of fun, but very time consuming!

I also had major renovations done to my backyard. Got rid of the old and ugly deck, and the disastrous 20 year old wooden fence. Put up a beautiful PVC beige fence (220 feet!) and patio stones in place of the deck. I have to say my backyard is now absolutely stunning. With the pond and the waterfall, the garden and the stones all done, it is such a peaceful place to be!

I'm definitely in for this swap - I love participating - just have to come up with something. I've been intrigued by the mandala pictures that I see on pinterest, and since I have a go cutter, might do something with a bunch of little circles!

Here are some pics!

Jackson (now a year old!) sitting on the steps that used to be a deck!
    Name:  069 (2).JPG
Views: 84
Size:  401.2 KB

Standing in front of my pond - this is the length of my back yard (pond not included!) I just LOVE the stones!
    Name:  096.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  309.8 KB

The other "half" of my backyard - you can see the shed and my greenhouse, and the gate that leads to the front yard (and my stunning new fence LOL)

Name:  097.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  378.8 KB

Jackson sitting in front of the pond (funny, he's somehow in all these pics!)
    Name:  098.JPG
Size:  389.8 KB

And now the front yard ...

Name:  104.JPG
Size:  544.1 KB

Name:  107.JPG
Size:  571.4 KB

The square patio stones were in my backyard - I moved them (1751) to the front yard to make a path, and block in some of the plants (giving them a more defined space!)
    Name:  108.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  503.4 KB

My back is to the vegetable garden ... I'm still trying to figure out how to make the path nice!
    Name:  122.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  534.4 KB

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by MarionsQuilts; 08-30-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Great Heavens! So much work! But it's beautiful! If you wanted to make me jealous....you succeeded....wow!

Gorgeous, Marion!! A lot of work that paid off because it's such a lovely space. So tranquil. Love the waterfall and pond.....and your puppy is adorable!!

Marion, you have been busy. Love your pics. You just wanted to make us all jealous, did't you. Of course Jackson wanted to be shown off too. He was thinking, if Mom was showing off everything else, why not me. LOL Fur babies think alike. You did a great job. Congats. Now relax and enjoy.
    Rumbols

Thanks all! It's been a ton of work - I started 7 years ago, and am finally done. I did most of it myself (with the exception of digging the hole for the pond, putting the waterfall together, the fence and laying the new patio stones down. My dad and I took a chainsaw to the old deck, I moved all the smaller stones (that took two days!), leveled the ground, etc. I swear I have the best butt right now from all that bending LOL

I'll be 48 next month, so I am now ready to just relax and enjoy!

And yes, Jackson is adorable! I'm amazed at how easy he is! Not the brightest light bulb in the package (he is a berner after all, and a boy LOL) I'm so used to high drive, working line dogs! But he is such an amazing dog! This time around I just wanted a big ol' galoot of a dog. And I got exactly that! He is so chill and laid back, loves everyone, and is perfectly content with a couple of easy walks! Such a difference!

And the love? and adoration from him? It never ends! Again, having only ever had serious, female aloof dogs, this is a massive difference, and I have to admit, it took some getting used to ... but I love it! Here he is sleeping on me, while I am on the couch!

Name:  008.JPG
Size:  1.50 MB
    Last edited by MarionsQuilts; 08-30-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Marion, Everything is beautiful in your yard. It is a lot of work getting it all done. Your fence is great, the plantings and the pond too.......And Jackson is adorable.

Marion, love your garden and the improvements. Jackson is just previous. What a wonderful goofball.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Marion your garden is beautiful . What battles me is what happens to all those plants when it snows

Quote Originally Posted by R-sea View Post
    Marion your garden is beautiful . What battles me is what happens to all those plants when it snows
    LOL They are all hardy perennials (well 99% of them). For the ones that aren't (Joseph's coat, amaranth, colias, etc.) I collect the seeds and plant them in the spring.

Ladies I have a WH made. Right now its 20x45. Is that too big? If so I can make a smaller one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Ladies I have a WH made. Right now its 20x45. Is that too big? If so I can make a smaller one.
    I think the rules are 'anything bigger than a mug rug and smaller than a lap quilt', so you should be fine....
    Life happens...and we react...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast