Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Blog Entries
    I'm ready to mail. Since I was working with cardinals I made a cardinal one, and will save the modified tire swing for another time...maybe. Anyway, here is my WH....it''s grandson tested (If they don't want it Grandma, I'll take it!)...so I suppose it's OK. There are enough cardinals left for at least a throw....not sure I'll get tired of this fabric....
    Name:  Swap-Oct 2019.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  935.1 KB
    Life happens...and we react...

Oh...that's so pretty, granky... Love the little bird houses in the corners... I'll arm wrestle your grandson for it!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

granky, your wall hanging is lovely. Cute bird houses, nice touch. Grandson has good taste. Its a winner.
    Rumbols

I am new to the forum.... but I love wall hangings and feel like I need to be a part of this! So last night I pulled out some crumb blocks that I had made while I was doing a Dear Jane quilt in purple batiks. These little blocks have a soft spot in my heart and I would never make enough for a full quilt but I had just enough for a wall hanging.

I'm just nervous because it is very my taste, but may not be someone else's. So before I sandwich and quilt it to be ready to mail I figured I would share here to see what you guys thought and if it would be something someone might like.

Name:  WallhangingTop.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  420.7 KB

Absolutely beautiful. I love purple. Just about every room in my house is purple. I want it.

Welcome QuiltingLaywer! I also love purple and scrappy and I also want it. LOL I can think of 2 others in this swap who will also want it. Please come swap with us. Are you new to quilting or just to the board?
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 09-19-2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Anna Quilts

I'm new to this board. I used to be a part of another board several years ago and then life happened... then law school... and then becoming a lawyer. But now I've bought my first home and unpacked my quilting stuff and I'm elbow deep in ideas and fabric and UFO's. I've been quilting for about 10 years.

I thought about just making this a wall hanging for me.... but alas I'm like Queenbarbiej and my sewing room is a deep purple and this would just fade into the background!

I'm so glad you guys like it! I will get to work on sandwiching and quilting this weekend!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-19-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Congratulations on becoming a laywer and buying your first home. How fun unpacking all your quilting items and getting new ideas.
    Anna Quilts

Welcome to the board and the WH Swap, Quiltinglawyer ! Your first Swap WH is awesome and definitely one all of us would love display. I love anything bright so this fits me!!

It's like Christmas for you, I'm sure, unpacking all your quilting goodies.. You need something to work the other side of your brain after your journey becoming a lawyer. Let the creativity commence!!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Welcome quiltinglawyer from Wesrtern Australia . Join in and enjoy

My WH is quilted and all that is left is to finish the binding. I had a question though.... do you put quilt labels on? And is there any specific info you put on there? Also do I need to wash it? I have fur babies that like to inspect my quilting 😜

I put corners for hanging in all four corners so you can choose which direction to hang it. Iíll post a pic when itís all finished and ready for the mail!

Welcome Quiltinglawyer ... and I'm another one that would love that quilt! Purple is also my favourite colour !!!!

Wall hanging

I am so out of my element here. My hand stitches are really bad so I am going to do a little (a lot!) ripping and go to Joannís for hand quilting thread. Here is what I am working on. Some by machine and then some by hand. .......and now I canít figure out how to send a picture on this phone so will send it from my iPad.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Picture

Here is my picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

It is stinking cute skaduzy and I think it looks perfect! I must say my 7 lbs doggie thinks it is a cat, even sleeps in a cat bed, and behave like it. I am her staff. LOL I named her Nina but I think I should have called her Kitty.

As for the thread I find using wax and sliding the thread by it before use helps tremedously. Dritz Quilting Beeswax With Holder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWq1iPAS_VY
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 09-23-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    Anna Quilts

So adorable, Skaduzy!!! Absolutely love it!! Stitching looks fantastic...such a cute pattern..

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingLawyer View Post
    My WH is quilted and all that is left is to finish the binding. I had a question though.... do you put quilt labels on? And is there any specific info you put on there? Also do I need to wash it? I have fur babies that like to inspect my quilting 

I put corners for hanging in all four corners so you can choose which direction to hang it. I’ll post a pic when it’s all finished and ready for the mail!
    Most put labels on WH but it is up to you. I keep forgetting to do that so I should do that from now on. Lol..

Thanks Anna. I will try that.

Thanks Teen. My finger has a lot of little holes...thimbles are not for me

Blog Entries
    Skaduzy...I think your WH is great! Why would you want to rip? Teen once told me (at least, I think it was Teen) that we are too hard on ourselves...and you are definitely being too hard on yourself now. It's a super cute wall hanging...and there is nothing wrong with your stitches.....!
    Life happens...and we react...

So adorable Skaduzy. Your stitching looks great. I agree with Annaquilts, use a little wax. You are doing a fantastic job.
    Our cat has my hubby wrapped around her tail. She meows and he does what she wants. I am the staff.

Welcome to our group quiltinglLwyer. Labels are good. Nice wall hanging.
    Rumbols

Thanks Granky, appreciate the nice words.
    Rumbols, my Sassy only likes my husband too. I’m good for food and cleaning the litter box. She lays on his arm and looks at him with adoring eyes....what a trip

Quote Originally Posted by granky View Post
    Skaduzy...I think your WH is great! Why would you want to rip? Teen once told me (at least, I think it was Teen) that we are too hard on ourselves...and you are definitely being too hard on yourself now. It's a super cute wall hanging...and there is nothing wrong with your stitches.....!
    Here here!!

Anyone curious what I'm working on like I'm curious about your projects? I'll share anyway...lol... I'm working on a Lori Holt sew along called Granny's Garden. I have never done any of her patterns before and this project is all applique...my fav... And, the fabric line is adorable... So adorable I'm saving the littlest scraps for applique project scrap bag... While I wait for each week's blocks, I've been messing around with a mini....so...Linny....more Hexis!!!! These are 1/2"...

I love your hexis , Teen. They’re so tiny.....and pretty colors too. Plus they will look great on the background fabric you’ve chosen. Please keep us updated and thanks for sharing.

j50
    So I am ready to join this swap and hope this meets the requirements!!

14 x14 with a nontraditional border or facing. Hope this is ok.

I have been obsessed with card trick and do it with paper piecing. Did more of a modern quilting pattern . I think it goes well with the linear lines of the pattern.

Now I need to block it and make it as flat as I can.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast