Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: July - Oct 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Ladies I have a WH made. Right now its 20x45. Is that too big? If so I can make a smaller one.
    I think it is fine. With one of the first swaps I received a larger wall hanging and I put it up every year after thanksgiving. I love it.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Name:  fish4.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  156.2 KBThis is my wall hanging ready to be sent . I got in early to have it finished as I have another wall hanging to have ready for an art competition in October.

Blog Entries
    R-sea...love your fishes! What size is it? I'll get back to my WH as soon as I finish a top I started 'just because'...here is a sample block....
    Name:  PSX_20190901_141303[1].jpg
Views: 82
Size:  593.6 KB
    Life happens...and we react...

OMGosh,,R-Sea....that is an awesome creation. You are so very talented. Absolutely love it..

granky....love the block. Will be a beautiful Holiday quilt...or everyday quilt.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

R-Sea, you are very talented. Love it.
    granky, my favorite bird. Very lovely.
    Rumbols

R-Sea, your fish wh is beautiful. The colors of the fish couldn’t be better.

granky, your log cabin block with the cardinal is so pretty. I hope you will post a picture when it’s finished.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Linny...guess I wasn't thinking when I saw these beautiful birds with dogwood instead of Christmas fabric...anyway, my choice of a layout is limited...unless i want upside-down birds...which I don't...

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  520.0 KBName:  002.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  813.2 KB

I like the top lay out. The bottom has too much white all together. Very pretty!
    Anna Quilts

I see what you mean about the upside down birds, granky, even though I personally like the framed look of the bottom one. The first one is lovely too, so whatever you choose it's a win win.

Looks really pretty, Granky. I like them both...with the bottom layout.....you could add an applique like a holly berry wreath to grab some of that red from the cardinal... Just a suggestion.....seems I can't make a quilt without adding applique to it..lol..
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Granky, It was a large wall hanging which I felt was to big for this swap , So I made it smaller . It ended up 18" x 24". My whole table was covered with scraps and I wanted to get all my fish cut out so I could tidy up . Not knowing how many fish I needed I ended up with more than I needed so I am going to make one for myself .

Blog Entries
    R-sea...I think it's funny that you are making one for yourself...I always make two...one to send, and one to keep, although the 'one to keep' sometimes ends up at the home of another family member. They don't always match exactly, but are close enough....

those are beautiful R-Sea and Granky!

I prefer the layout with the cardinals all upright ... and where did you get that fabric? It's gorgeous and I want some!

Love the fishies R-sea!!!

Some of you might remember that I have been having problems with my machine ... well, it just got picked up by UPS and is on it's way to Brother Headquarters ... cross your fingers! I only have my little baby one ... help me LOL I'm so used to being spoiled by my big machines!

I did manage to get one wall hanging size done before I shipped off my machine ... the buttons aren't sewn on yet ... and I'm not sure if I am going to ... I messed up a bit and the middle isn't as "nice" as it should be, so the buttons would cover it up ...

Name:  cathedral windows.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  184.6 KB

Beautiful! I love the orange and green also. Reminds me of St. Patrick's Day.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
    those are beautiful R-Sea and Granky!

I prefer the layout with the cardinals all upright ... and where did you get that fabric? It's gorgeous and I want some!

Love the fishies R-sea!!!

Some of you might remember that I have been having problems with my machine ... well, it just got picked up by UPS and is on it's way to Brother Headquarters ... cross your fingers! I only have my little baby one ... help me LOL I'm so used to being spoiled by my big machines!
    I found this fabric at a little one-woman quilt shop in a small town a bit north of us. She only had two yards, but it didn't take that much to fussy cut my birds. Here is a link to a quilt shop on line that has the same thing. I agree with you....it's gorgeous...I just couldn't pass it up, even though I didn't need to start another quilt!

https://www.stitchntimefabrics.com/s...-x23574765.htm

Blog Entries
    Ok....I was never a math whiz kid, but like most school children back in 'the day' I dutifully learned (and recited) my multiplication tables...so how on earth did I come up with 54 blocks if I want the quilt 7x8? Two more blocks aren't that hard to make, but accepting the fact that I messed up that way to begin with is very hard! (Do you suppose I'm getting old? Heaven forbid!)

Granky, 54 blocks will be a 6x9. Either way it still be a nice wall hanging.

MarionQuilts, love your wall hanging. Beautiful arrangement of colors. I don't see any mess ups. Looks prefect to me.
    Granky, your log cabin looks great, too. Everyone is so talented.
    Rumbols

Pretty, Marion! I love this pattern and have never tried it yet. Buttons is a cute embellishment.

granky...you are not getting old...the multiplication tables are wrong. Carry on!

Blog Entries
    Teen....I love your way of thinking! Lol!

I am still trying to use up the scraps from the hexi quilt. Besides the WH I made for one of you'all, I made this 14" pocket pillow. I made this for a friend who is coming to visit in a couple of weeks. I'm getting sick of this fabric so I'm putting it away for now. Does that happen to you, too?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Teen, love your pillow. And yes that happens to me all the time. I purchased a 60 piece FQ set for applique several years ago and still have pieces to use up.
    Rumbols

Blog Entries
    Beautiful pillow and yes sometimes you just want a fabric to be done with.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast