Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Nexxus831, I have done that before simply because I forgot to put it in the box! Maybe they wanted to be really secretive too!
Sorry I hope it didn't come out rude. It's been one of those days. Hey we are in the same state and actually not that far from each other. Did you participate in the June Swap Hop?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
Does anyone else find it odd when you get your sp package and there is no note no nothing except for your little treasures? Or is it just me?
I can honestly say that there have been more then once that I forgot the note... one time I sent out my packages and when I arrived back home the card I meant to enclose was just sitting there in the open on the kitchen table. I always feel bad, I try to add at least a hi and who I am
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 PM

I always make sure that on the envelope, under my name and return address, I put my board name. If I forget to stick the card in, at least it's on the envelope
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 PM

I'm not quite yet in the habit of including little notes. I just have too much fun stuffing it with stuff.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
SEGASAL, I hate to sound stupid here, but what's "browning in my garden on a trellis??"
That is called fat fingers syndrome...it was supposed to be growing in my yard on a trellis...lol
Old 07-17-2012, 12:28 AM

Default off topic

As you all know last Sunday the 15th. I was meeting with the people who I am getting my guide dog from. Well to let everyone know....We are a PERFECT match. We are trying to work out the training deatial. As I will have to go through 2-3 weeks of training with Meadow, he's a boy with a girls name. I do not have one picture of have one pic of him but cannot post it as of yet. Because the puppy raiser does not know yet that he is coming to live with me. So I am in the waiting on confirmation that I can do that. This will mean much more freedom for me. I can hardly wait for Meadow to come home. When he was here on Sunday after our walk together, we gave him water and he laid on the living room floor and fell fast asleep....He is such a cute dog...cannot wait to share the pics with all ofyou
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Power Poster

Marybeth, I can surely relate to your accident. I missed a step and fell on the stairs at a State Lodge on April 23. The drs said I would have been better off to have broken bones than what I did. I shredded my right rotator cuff and bicep tendon and damaged the rotator cuff (they don't know how bad until they operate tomorrow) and both knees. It will be my 3rd surgery in 3 months. Next time if I fall, I will take it in the face. No more 4 point landings. Hope you heal very soon. Not being able to quilt is for the birds. GOD Bless

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
hello ladies, i am here in oregon writing this verrrrrry slowly! we went to the coast today to see the dock that floated in from japan... read about it in newspaper and thought it would make a nice day trip, well making long story shorter... i fell down a flight of stairs while shopping in newport.

I broke both my wrists!!!!!!!!!! so with two fingers i am slowly typing, ut with pain meds and fuzzy brain i am wondering how tough the rest of this trip is going to be... wish they hadan oil for this mess i have managed to get into!!

stitching post my sympthy for you and tumble off horse has totally taken an neew demention...

on another note, typing is majjor apin but I hateeeeee to imagine what sewing is going to be like for next few weeks.
tomottow my mom will come over to hekp me with a few thungs,so wwill be able to communicate wuth her help

URGGGGG... ps thanking GOD ,it is not worse! I could have broken my silly neck~~
Old 07-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Power Poster

I received my SP package from Shawnna yesterday. It was wonderful. She sent the cutest mug rug and hot pads that she made with fruit all over them. They are great. Also included some Peach jam. I know that will be great on biscuits in the morning. Then there was "The Purple Thang" which says it pulls, pushes and pokes. It will be a big help when doing crafts and sewing. She also included two spools of Presencia thread (black and white) I have not used it before but it is supposed to be some of the finest thread for quilting. Also the little wooden iron with butterflies on it. I love butterflies. And the last item was a "magic wallet" she made with frogs on it. You put your money on one side under the elastic and then open the other side and the money is sealed inside the wallet. How neat. As soon as my DH can download for me, I will have him post pictures. Thanks so much Shawnna. I can sure use everything you sent.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Swap Hosts

Anastasia, I am so sorry about your pup. Years ago that happened to a golden lab we had. It was like she had a stroke or something since she was relatively young. It was heart breaking.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Swap Hosts

So ... I was so discombobulated yesterday that I didn't list all the wonderful goodies that Michelle sent me. But that lady knows how to pack a box! There was a monkey -- which came straight from a fair! Fabric covered buttons, a stiletto with gorgeous blue beads (I have no idea what it is used for but I am going to find out!), a note pad that is so me, a tiny dust pan and brush that have already found a place in my studio, a monkey nail brush that is tooooo cute, a tiny lint roller so maybe I won't always be sporting that "I sew for a living" look, treats for my pups, an assortment of fabrics that are just perfect for my next wanna do project: the Farmer's Wife Sampler, a box of assorted teas, an instructional sheet for making aprons, a pill bottle full of terry pony tail holders (NOT drugs, bad Brenda!!!), some homemade salsa which is very good, blueberry infused craisins and currants which I had in my steel cut oatmeal this morning so it tastes a little less like cattle feed, sweet ribbon with cherries on it, hilarious note cards ... the one I showed reflects my sentiment the other day when I was not proofed, a sweet thread catcher that is already in use, a cute purple bag, and the most sensational apron that even had decorative stitching on it. Michelle told me it was her first, which is hard to believe. It is so pretty that I tossed my take out plans to the wind and put it on to make dinner! And there was a collapsible organizer that a project is going into immediately ... and more little things that I just love, love, love.
Thank you, again Michelle (mdall) for a really fun package!

Last edited by Krystyna; 07-17-2012 at 03:22 AM.