Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 05-27-2018, 04:53 PM

Lol. It’s possible, Givio, I’ll make 20 more. The boom swap is soon to start and I need to focus on that. 20 won’t take long but everything is all packed up just not sealed. It’s tempting to close it and pop it in the mail to SBG. We’ll see!
Originally Posted by givio View Post
I'm betting on odds you girls will change your mind. :-) Another 20 blocks won't take a lot of effort, and if you add a bit to each 9patch after you get them back to make it bigger, then those extras will be enough for a whole other quilt! Just think! :-)
Old 05-27-2018, 09:40 PM

Givio - Your blocks are very nice. I see one I made. The green and mauve flower in bottom left. That material was used to make tablerunners for my neice’s bridal shower 3 yrs ago. It’s so cool that it will be in a quilt somewhere in Michigan. I always wonder what was made with the fabrics I’m working with that I recieved from all you great people. Pretty cool!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:45 PM

I worked a just a few more 9p today and then put together 7 blocks from Bonnie Hunter On Ringo Lake. I have 12 done. Hopfully finish a few more tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595038[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails a1fb3911-6228-4f4e-9fca-8194284d5275.jpeg  
Old 05-27-2018, 09:57 PM

I’m just getting to start sewing my blocks. I’ve completed 9 blocks. I’m using small pieces of scraps and i’m Only getting 1 to 2 blocks from each. Hopefully I will be done in 10 days. That’s my goal. I figure 10-20 blocks a day. Then I will mail them out. I’ll post pics in the next few days.

As for voting for next swap. I would like floral and light yellow. So it would go along with my other swap blocks of floral and yellow. In the swap we used different shades of yellow. I plan to use these blocks as borders for the other blocks. I’ll wait and see what is decided in the next swap.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

I love those blocks, D.Henson! The blue and white fabric is so pretty. It reminds me of china teacups.

Happylab, I have been using up my small scrap strips too. It takes longer than using long strips where you get more blocks out of them, but I really wanted to use up the scraps, so I don't mind the extra time.

I have 75 blocks made.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:31 AM

D.Henson, Thanks for telling me! I can picture that print as one for a bridal shower. :-) I suppose I'll remember that. You are right, with swap blocks it does make you wonder what the scraps might be from. Most of my fabrics are just bits and pieces and FQs from sales or online that I've bought with the purpose for using in quilts, so I don't have many stories attached to them.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:11 AM

I have just started my nine patches. Well actually the ones I have finished are the ones that I used the wrong quarter inch on. I had to take them apart then put them together again. Now to make some more.
All the blocks that you ladies are showing are beautiful. I'm afraid that with all that has gone on with my life lately I didn't take the time to respond to all the pictures. Please forgive me for that. I think things are going to settle down now that I will be able to take the time to really enjoy all the hard work you are doing.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:38 PM

I got in a groove and made 10 little blocks today. They are really cute. One of my favorite things is to sew and watch a silly movie that doesn't need much attention. Today it was Serial Mom with Kathleen Turner. Crazy movie!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:02 PM

Nice blocks, D. Will you post a pic of your ORL blocks? I’d love to see them.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
I worked a just a few more 9p today and then put together 7 blocks from Bonnie Hunter On Ringo Lake. I have 12 done. Hopfully finish a few more tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595038[/ATTACH]
Old 05-28-2018, 03:22 PM

I've been trying to finish the top I started with the last 9Patch swap blocks. I finished up sewing the last of the blocks, which were with a tan background. Isn't the dragonfly on the top block cute? I'm so glad my 9Patch had one! Dragonflies are probably my most favorite insect.

I sewed all the rows together. I decided to stick with 7 x 9. Then I sewed together 3 columns using 3 rows in each column. Now, I'm to the point where I need to decide what my border will be. I left the top in columns for doing QAYG, but the weather is so hot here that I don't want anything on my lap. I was assuming I'd start quilting the column vertically. If I did it horizontally, most of it would be on the table rather than my lap-- but it's a lot to scrunch into the harp of my machine. It's a thought though.
Attached Thumbnails 9patch-5.jpg