Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 07-06-2018, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sprice View Post
I heard that some of my blocks were too small. I ironed each one and placed a 6.5 ruler on it to trim any slight edges. If I found it to be short in any direction, I kept it for my own use. I wonder if the blocks seized up a bit when being put in bags and mailed. Could try ironing them again.
That's a good idea!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning. I was finally able to go through my blocks and hang them on the design wall. Here they are:
Thanks for the beautiful show, Janice.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:20 AM

Whoa! Evie. Evie! I don’t like auto-correct. (See below.) It’s Evie.
Good morning. I was finally able to go through my blocks and hang them on the design wall. Here they are:

Sorry the picture is a bit large but I wanted to let you all see the beautiful colors. . By row, top to bottom, thanks go to gannyrosie, honchey, obrienwv, evil, quilt addict, irishmom, and Maudeflanagan. I haven’t measured them yet but I didn’t want to wait any longer to express my thanks for all your efforts.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Lol, yep, that darn auto-correct. Sometimes they are very funny. I read your original post and just flew right by the mistake. I guess my brain just knew what you meant.

Edit to add: I’m playing with my 9ps right now. So much fun!! So many beautiful fabrics!! Love them all. <3
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM

I can see one of the ones that was a favorite of mine, moonrise. The red one with the hearts.

Well, I decided to make my own luck so I bought some sloth fabric a different fabric, sloths are quite popular you know and will add them to my project. Will post when blocks are done.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:29 PM

LOL. When I read I wondered who had picked that as their name. My auto-correct always changes libster to lobster.

Whoa! Evie. Evie! I don’t like auto-correct. (See below.) It’s Evie.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, sloths are the new foxes... and foxes were the new owls, LOL.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:09 PM

9-patches are so versatile, and I love scrappy, so I know that I will have something lovely when I get to them. Problem is, as I missed the first round, I will need to make more - and that can't happen until I get some of the UFO's done. I'm committed to moving some out of the unfinished pile to at least flimsy stage.

I also like 9-patches combined with snowballs. Another one that I like, and is even easier, is 9-patch and hourglass. The one pictured above with white sashing is also lovely - and really, would make quite a large quilt. I've gone past it now, but I think there are 144 blocks - I've got 110 now, so wouldn't need too many more! I couldn't find the picture that was posted by Billi, but will look again another time.

Lovely 9-patches came from (MO), DHenson, QuilterMomma, givio, Whigrose, Darcy Shannon, Billi, Moonrise, Cheesehead and our hostess, sewbizgirl. Thank you all for sharing your talents and your fabrics! No sloths for me, nor anything from Evie, aka Evil, lol.

Am now off to go find feedback and figure that out. It's been a long time since I participated in a swap; I hope those who received mine were pleased. Thank you so much, sewbizgirl, for organizing the swap! I've got my Kona white so am all set for the next round!
Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 PM

Oh! Janice! That made me laugh. That 'bold evil' made me laugh. lol

SBG, and owls were the new ___? For the life of me, I cannot remember what the owls replaced.

Perhaps marketing changed with the advent of blogs written by fabric designers. Before those, maybe the novelty fabrics were for kids and kids had their mothers buy whatever animal they thought was cute-- and after the blog marketing, maybe the novelty fabrics started being for adults. We used the 'modern' cute prints because we didn't want to be old and out-dated. lol
Old 07-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Thank you peaceandjoy. Glad you liked your blocks. Yours were wonderful, too!

Those cute novelty prints make great tote bags or cosmetic pouches, wallets, etc. Wherever you need a little bit of fun!
Old 07-07-2018, 03:01 PM

I put my 9ps up on my design wall just to take a good look at them all. This will make a great quilt. I do plan on using a 1.5” white sashing. Keeping it simple. I have a honey bun just waiting to be used. I did give all feedback. Thanks everyone and a big thanks to SBG!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597377[/ATTACH]
Edited: I’m not very good a taking clear pictures. Here another closer shot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597378[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails b48c3296-8efc-4818-a517-e1a0b8ac19ef.jpeg   781c2d40-40e7-48a1-b36c-87e9c1c85dcb.jpeg