Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Postcard Swap - Wacky Holidays >

June Postcard Swap - Wacky Holidays

June Postcard Swap - Wacky Holidays

Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 AM

And a little about me:
I'm retired as of June 30th of 2016. (yeah!!) I started my career upon graduating from Arizona State, working at the university libraries (grunt work). From there, I graduated to a job with the local Community College district, and over the next 30+ years I worked at several different college campuses pretty much doing what I did best for the college libraries. Last position was as an operations manager at the one college where distance learning was the main focus. By this time, the libraries were mostly delivering information electronically (at least at my location), so we had very little foot traffic and less work as time went on. I think I retired out of sheer boredom! I haven't looked back either. Yep, happy to be FREE!! Now I spend my days piddling around with my container garden & sunflowers, and sewing wonderful things for craft shows. Currently I've been making all manner of aprons, infinity scarves, and I have Christmas stockings and other various bags and such on the agenda too. It keeps me busy and creative! But I don't want to neglect my quilting, so I keep my finger on the pulse of the QB and join various swaps. The pile of UFOs or stuff not yet touched is astronomical, but that doesn't deter me in the least!! It's all sewing and all fun every day!!
Oh yes, I live in the great southwest desert of Arizona where we have rain so infrequently that it's like a major holiday when the wet stuff falls from the sky!
P.S. I'm addicted to watching HGTV and DIY -- mostly the reno shows and tiny house living. How can those people give up so much "stuff"??? (read, my fabric stash and multiple sewing machines??!!!!)
Old 05-19-2017, 03:25 PM

love all the bio's of everyone. very interesting.

K-Roll
Armylady2012
travelinggramma
CookieZenmilk
cuppy
lovngrandma - new swapper!
SheriR
j50 - new swapper!
Sleepy Hollow
MizMelly
Old 05-19-2017, 05:11 PM

MizMelly, when you get rid of all the stuff ,fine China , glassware, etc you have room for fabric. I currently have three machines and an overflowing stash (and projects). I make room in our home on wheels!! Quilting is my therapy!
Old 05-20-2017, 04:30 AM

Please add me to the list for June. Nice to meet new and fellow post card swappers and quilters��
Old 05-20-2017, 11:41 AM

K-Roll
Armylady2012
travelinggramma
CookieZenmilk
cuppy
lovngrandma - new swapper!
SheriR
j50 - new swapper!
Sleepy Hollow
MizMelly
Lena1952
Old 05-23-2017, 03:52 AM

Cool

I am back in this month :-)

Let's see a short bio...

I live a in suburb of Houston, Tx and one of the few that don't mind the really hot weather..don't get me wrong I really don't enjoy 100's but I will take it over anything less than 70 any time :-) I am slowly moving into the second phase of my life now that my 4 kids are in college and moving out. I'm dog obsessed...I have 8. I enjoy quilting, baking, photography and my newest obsession is making tshirts and decals :-) I play video games and I'm not much of a reader. And as far as I'm concerned purple is the best color in the world :-)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:22 AM

MizMelly I know where Mesa, AZ is and I bet you know where Marana, AZ is I called it home for 11 years. I worked at the National Guard Unit (WAATS) and I use to go to Papago in Phoenix all the time. Yes getting rain was a reason to jump for joy.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:44 AM

We were jumping for joy here in CA all winter - torrents of rain, now the rivers are rushing, lots of slides due to saturated ground. Hwy 1 is closed in several points along Big Sur. Sort of wish I was trapped in Big Sur with the locals. I have spent many a wonderful time there through the years.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:33 PM

Ah, Marana! North of Tucson and south of Casa Grande! Yep, I buzz by Marana every time I head south!
Sigh. We are in the dry season now, no rain until MAYBE July if the monsoon smiles on us this year!

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 View Post
MizMelly I know where Mesa, AZ is and I bet you know where Marana, AZ is I called it home for 11 years. I worked at the National Guard Unit (WAATS) and I use to go to Papago in Phoenix all the time. Yes getting rain was a reason to jump for joy.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:07 PM

1. K-Roll
2. Armylady2012
3. travelinggramma
4. CookieZenmilk
5. cuppy
6. lovngrandma - new swapper!
7. SheriR
8. j50 - new swapper!
9. Sleepy Hollow
10. Plumtree
11. MizMelly