Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Annt59 That pink flower on tan is beautiful fabric. Love the old needle book too. Everyone is sending wonderful swaps.Please remember to send PM to Lori and thank your pal also. Lori does a wonderful job after lots of others having to quit for alot of reasons. Let's try to keep the good thing we have going.It does hurt when you send a package you put time and imagination and money into. Then not have anyone let you know they even recieved it.Lori thanks for doing a wonderful job so we can all enjoy being in this swap. Ok gotta go and get off my soap box.lol. Everybody have a wonderful day. Mary
Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i have a question for all of you coaster makers: what are you using for the middle batting, flannel, insulbrite? one of the purposes of a coaster is catch spills or sweat rings. i use coasters a lot but i have cork ones i use and now want to make some postage stamp one....... remember i am about all things postage stamp and finding creative ways to use them.

the theory i want to try out is to include a piece of flannel backed tablecloth in the middle of the coasters to make them leak proof. i don't know how well this tablecloth vinyl will hold up in the dryer. the flannel backed table cloths that i saw and the $ store were very thin so i am thinking that this thin piece of 'vinyl" should hold up in the dryer pretty good. just wondering has anyone else tried the vinyl tablecloths in their coasters and if they dried them in the dryer how did the material respond?
I use left over pieces of batting from quilts when I trim them I cut them into 5 inch squares as that is what I use for the coasters... 5inch charms....
Old 06-23-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Lori - No need to be sorry for being long-winded. You do a wonderfully with such a tedious and likely confusing task, and you are allowed to email us anytime!!! I for one am most grateful to you and I agree with you wholeheartedly. My SP received her package a week ago and I never got a thank you. This is not the first time, and yes, my feelings do get hurt. I did spend time and effort, and I believed my package was worthy of a private comment. But I will move on, try again in July to please someone, and hope my next SP communicates with me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check your inbox for pms dated June 18 -- I sent two to you that day and am really worried about why you didn't get them. Could it be the address shows up as Sharon Ann on the listing that pops up when I start to fill in the box? Is there a SharonAnne and a Sharon Ann???? If so, then Sharon Ann should have let me know it wasn't her. Maybe this is why it wasn't the first time you didn't get a notification. I was feeling guilty because it was a day and a half before I got to the computer after receiving the box -- usually I try to respond immediately after I open the package; but that happened to be the time I returned home after a three-week absence. I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt, but please let me know if you ever did receive the previous messages.

(And yes, it was a good trip "home" to Rochester to see my sister for the first time since she was diagnosed with Parkinsons last year. She's 72. I was happy to see that the disease is progressing very slowly with only a minimum of deterioration in her coordination since taking medication. She's slowing down, and doesn't have her normal stamina; but doing well in spirit. Hope she continues to hold her own and looks as good when I see her next year.)

Last edited by Nancy in Louisiana; 06-23-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:41 PM

Nancy I agree if someone got a thank you for something that they did not send send they SHOULD have let you know so you could have directed it to the correct person. Just bad manners IMHO.

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 06-23-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:32 AM

off topic alert: i just ran across a great adapted paper towel holder made into a cone thread holder. i know i have my cone threads sitting in yogurt containers but this i gotta try. the person added a coupla more dowels and some eyelet screws. just fantastic!!!

p.s. i really missed you all and the swap this month. so many great swap packages have been flying around. i'm off for my 3-miler before church. have a great day all.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post4210876

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-24-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 AM

OMG -- and I have one of those sitting in my give-away pile. What a great idea!!! Thanx so much for sharing.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:03 AM
tmw

Default ladies in picture

Originally Posted by SLHughes View Post
Awesome package Lori.
are those ladies , in the last pictures , Maxine's sisters?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by tmw View Post
are those ladies , in the last pictures , Maxine's sisters?
I think they may be her sewing sisters yes!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Off Topic- Looking for a copy of the McCalls Quilting Magazine Holiday Issue 2009 (nov/dec)....posted on the IN SEARCH OF thread but figured I'd check with you all as well.
So sorry, Brenda. I looked but I don't have that one. I wish I could have helped you!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM

Thanks for trying Sharon