Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 AM

Received a wonderful sp box full of goodies from Deborah/hearthhush yesterday! What an awesome job she did! Grandkids are going to the other Grandparents for a week so as soon as I get them ready I'll post a picture to share all of my goodies! Thank you again Deborah I loved it all!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
are you kidding me I had to keep pushing him out of the way!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]344020[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]344021[/ATTACH] This is Kitty who is 15 years old and a big ole scardy cat! If anyone knocks on the door he hides under the bed! I guess that is a reflection on how much company I get! lol
My Pixie is like your cat, she hides behind the couch until she knows who is there and when the garage door is opening outside she runs... Just got to love those fur babies...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 AM

Lori - No need to be sorry for being long-winded. You do a wonderfully with such a tedious and likely confusing task, and you are allowed to email us anytime!!! I for one am most grateful to you and I agree with you wholeheartedly. My SP received her package a week ago and I never got a thank you. This is not the first time, and yes, my feelings do get hurt. I did spend time and effort, and I believed my package was worthy of a private comment. But I will move on, try again in July to please someone, and hope my next SP communicates with me.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 AM

Lol no cant see it in the pic.Fayzer I so loved the package thanks again a thousand times through and through, time to get busy on my VBS it starts monday and so far over 200 homeade lil bags were made and i dont know how many belts and flaps for the belts ill try to post pics when finished. Thank YOU AGAIN FAYZER

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Jess, you made me laugh. I could not figure out what you meant about "someone needed their V8." I went back and looked at the fabric again. I guess those faries were worn out from flying around all night. LOL Wanna see what we are talking about? [ATTACH=CONFIG]343875[/ATTACH] Not so sure you can see this microscopic picture.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:55 AM

Default June Sec Pal

Finally getting caught up on posts and getting organized (?) from being out of town for three weeks. Check out the fantastic pkg I got from SharonAnne. She really outdid herself. Everything in that box is being put to good use -- I'm sipping iced coffee with a comfy cozie wrapped around my tall mug and munching on cookie wafer rolls, dogs are at my feet munching on chew sticks, I'm almost done reading thru my new mystery book.......life has gotten better. She included a ring pin cushion (which I needed), a new box of pins, fabric glue, presser stick. and some great fabric so I'm all set to applique or piece. I like the patterns, especially the jelly roll star. She also made me a crocheted nylon scrubbie which I use to clean off my cutting mat -- very timely since the old one disintegrated last week. And last but not least my any means, she makes these fantastic pins out of decorative buttons. What a great idea!! I plan to use mine for the flap of a purse I'm making. Thank you so much, Sharon; I truly appreciate your thought and generosity that went into assembling my gift box. I certainly hope you are my partner soon so I can return the favor.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Finally getting caught up on posts and getting organized (?) from being out of town for three weeks. Check out the fantastic pkg I got from SharonAnne. She really outdid herself. Everything in that box is being put to good use -- I'm sipping iced coffee with a comfy cozie wrapped around my tall mug and munching on cookie wafer rolls, dogs are at my feet munching on chew sticks, I'm almost done reading thru my new mystery book.......life has gotten better. She included a ring pin cushion (which I needed), a new box of pins, fabric glue, presser stick. and some great fabric so I'm all set to applique or piece. I like the patterns, especially the jelly roll star. She also made me a crocheted nylon scrubbie which I use to clean off my cutting mat -- very timely since the old one disintegrated last week. And last but not least my any means, she makes these fantastic pins out of decorative buttons. What a great idea!! I plan to use mine for the flap of a purse I'm making. Thank you so much, Sharon; I truly appreciate your thought and generosity that went into assembling my gift box. I certainly hope you are my partner soon so I can return the favor.
Hi Nancy,

Well, it appears that I have foot in mouth syndrome (or hand in computer)!!! I am so happy that you are getting use out of the things I sent, and I apologize for my earlier comment this morning about my SP not communicating. Your thank you here was extremely kind. And I'm happy that you have a wonderfully active life and vacations, while I, on the other hand have lately just worked and been on the computer almost exclusively. So, if I can get on the computer multiple times per day, everybody else should, too, right? NOT... So sorry!! Next time I promise be more patient while waiting for an SP to comment. Hope you had a fun vacation...
Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
But she has Chickens along with her cows and her chickens lay eggs, you do know that don't you Krystyna??? or should I send you a chicken and an egg... Maybe a baby chick... and she has lots of eggs...
What will you send first, the chicken or the egg? Or maybe if you send just a chicken the egg will happen. Then again maybe you should just send an egg and the chicken will happen. Do we really know what came first? Just asking.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM

i have a question for all of you coaster makers: what are you using for the middle batting, flannel, insulbrite? one of the purposes of a coaster is catch spills or sweat rings. i use coasters a lot but i have cork ones i use and now want to make some postage stamp one....... remember i am about all things postage stamp and finding creative ways to use them.

the theory i want to try out is to include a piece of flannel backed tablecloth in the middle of the coasters to make them leak proof. i don't know how well this tablecloth vinyl will hold up in the dryer. the flannel backed table cloths that i saw and the $ store were very thin so i am thinking that this thin piece of 'vinyl" should hold up in the dryer pretty good. just wondering has anyone else tried the vinyl tablecloths in their coasters and if they dried them in the dryer how did the material respond?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:58 AM

Thank you Lori, for all that you do.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Default Received package from Cherrio

Thanks for the 3 coodinated fabrics. I also received 2 patterns, tape measure, 2 spools of Gutterman thread, needle book, homemade tissue holder, and a book. I love getting my packages.
Attached Thumbnails 6-1912_0003.jpg