Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post
Krystyna - Beach Plum Jam sounds amazing !

Lori- I am glad to see that you had a relaxing trip. That cabin looks delightful.

I had to make a run to Joanns today for zippers. While there I did more shopping for my secret pal ! I could not resist. Now, I am off to the sewing room to sew her up something special !
Just a helpful hint. Go to itsy.com and type in zipit zippers. They sell them for way less and you get a really nice choice of colors. The zippers are really good too.Mary
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Okay, done with my shopping for secret pal. I never really thought about how hard it would be to find something with one of the animals that she collects but I looked at every store in my town and nothing. So, then I spotted some plain potholders and now I guess I'm gonna be taking a crash course in embroidery in order to have this animal on the potholders, I wonder if appliques will hold up on them. Maybe one with applique and one embroidered. I dont know, maybe I should send them plain since she has an embroidery machine. What do you guys think. I'm lost. Anyway, after picking up all the little small odds and ends I'm now down to the sewing of all the little goodies I have planned. Next clue, my pal has only been a member of the board for about 2 months now.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM

So I was surfing the net the other day and I found this pattern and Just had to share with all of you...I am thinking about making one of these for my SP.....Now I just need to find the grey ironing board stuff that I know I have in my stash somewhere if I am going to make one.....and I am still waiting for the mail man to bring the one thing that you really wanted...I was hoping it would be here today...but it has not arrived....hoping by friday...so I will sew for SP instead to make the time for faster

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/07/...-pad.html#more
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkwater View Post
I've never had anything but clover honey from the east, Hawaiian honey...hmmmm or should I say ymmmm? When I think of Hawaii I think of kona coffee and macadamias and japanese tea and pastries. I went to high tea at the Verandah (not sure name is right), a big hotel where all the brides come to take their picture. Ever been there?
Not sure where you went for high tea at the Veranda....what island was it on??? Was it the Moana Hotel or the Royal Hawaiian Hotel....I think those two hotels are the nicest....more old fashioned.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the link Segasal. That looks like a fun project. Put another click on my todo list!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Brenda tried to hog up all the honey for herself. Ate so much that ... BOOM!!!
Well, thanks now it's perfectly clear. I know about your jam. Many, many years ago when I livved on LI we had friends that had a Summer place on Fire Island and we picked them there.Almost as hard to fill up a gallon bucket as blueberries' but worth it.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=buslady;5267618]Thanks for the link Segasal. That looks like a fun project. Put another click on my todo list!![/
You are so welcome....there is a ton of cute projects out on the mods site...it is one of my favorites!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 PM

I like that ironing pad. I've never seen the lining pad (silver) fabric in the store here. Thanks for the link.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Wow ... lots of messages being posted ... I haven't been on for a bit as I have to let my eyes rest lots after I had surgery ... so ... just wanted to let you know that my packages will be going out in the mail tomorrow ... here's a bit of a hint ... you both like pink ... and one zip code adds up to 21 and one adds up to 29.... More hints tomorrow after I have them mailed.

Lori, looks like a beautiful spot you were too ... I hope you were able to rest lots and enjoy yourself ...

I also love the ironing pad ... what a great idea!!!

Oh yeah ... where can I get me some of that jelly???
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=SLHughes;5267954]Wow ... lots of messages being posted ... I haven't been on for a bit as I have to let my eyes rest lots after I had surgery ... so ... just wanted to let you know that my packages will be going out in the mail tomorrow ... here's a bit of a hint ... you both like pink ... and one zip code adds up to 21 and one adds up to 29.... More hints tomorrow after I have them mailed.

Yahoo....I think one of those packages might be mine....my zip code adds up to 29!!!