Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-16-2012, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
How would you use them with a scarf?
Knot the scarf through them, like a clasp, if that makes sense... probably not cause I just confused myself LOL
Old 06-17-2012, 12:53 AM

Had a terrible storm here this afternoon about 4pm and I was caught in it on my way to Marty's house. I swear the winds were 80 mph and I had to dodge downed power lines and things flying in the air to get to her house! I kept praying the whole drive! The whole town lost electicity and mine just came on and cable was out also. I am back up and running now since 2:45 am meaning things were out here at my apt building since 4pm last night.It was a VERY long walk in the dark to my apartment I can tell you! Marty got her electric back at 7:15pm! You would think that they would get electric back to the elderly and disabled first! Oh well. Main thing is that I am safe and back online!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Yikes, Lori! There is some scary weather around these days. Glad you made it home OK.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:12 AM

Lori ,
Iam glad your safe and martys and your power is back up and running.I swear mother nature now adays is horrible, Glad your safe though. Jess
Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 AM

Jan you and your family are always in my prayers .may god wrap his ars around you all and help guide you all through this trying times.Keep going one day at a time, .Jess

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
DEAR QUILTING BOARD FRIENDS: FROM all over the country.... I have no words that tell all of you how much I have greatly appreciated you love , support, prayers, cards, fat quaters, pins, kind messages, books, words, in the very unexpeced death of my hubby in MAY. I am so very grateful for all of you . It has been a tough challenge to swim against the current for my family, friends, neighbors, business collegues of my hubs, and our church family. We have all been hit hard by this one, as my hubby was our church organist, and a kind gentkle man to all. Many of you know how a sudden unexpedted turn in life throws us way off. I AM not in this alone, the folks mentioned above, are all in this together and have been VERY supportive also... I wish I could hug everyone of you who has sent a card, prayer, etc. I have a huge supportive circle helpng with so many things that need to be attended to. I appologize for the delay in a message, as the computer needed to be "cleaned" out of business items etc. for my protection, plus it decided to have an attitude lately. These days we function in a world of high tech and is is necessary to function with basics like communications. My faith is strong, and I have put my trust fully in GODS hands as to get through each day. I spend alot of time with my middle sister and her kids and grandkids. They seem to love having another auntie around and we help each other move forward together. GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU... LOOk forward to cont. the SP swaps as my hubby would want me to.. HUGS . My kitty is a great pal to have around too! =^.^=
Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 AM

Faye , Thank you sooooo much for my package and I hope you and your DH have a speedy recovery .I get that all the time due to smoking , but on my way to quiting,anyways ill be waiting for the letter you forgot lol. jess
Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 AM

Well i got a wonderful package from Wanda Lou!!! I got fabric, Post card from OHIO< quilting pins,a pattern and note pad but the cutiest little pin cushion! I love it. What a great package thank you wanda so much!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:30 AM

Thanks for he aniversary wishes Krystna. Can't tell as it would b cheating but they will know next week. It is someone who sews alot.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
LindaR will post a photo of my wonderful pkg and soon as I feel better. I am so sick. Went to Dr. and found out I have acute bronchitis. Now my hubby is getting the same thing.
OH so sorry, that is awful stuff....I had it twice the year I quit smoking...no energy, no appetite, no sleeping...get better soon. will be thinking about ya....
Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 AM

I got 3 packages in 2 days! Yep, I don't know exactly what possessed me but I signed up to do 3 swaps. It was fun and sure was fun getting 3 SP packages but next month I'm going to concentrate on making one super awesome package!

Onto the AWESOME packages I received:

#1 arrived Friday but since I got home late it had to wait until Saturday. A BIG SHOUTOUT to Celia in North Carolina! She sent me some items I'd actually owned before but either lost or have somewhere in my house. My favorite items include a hard plastic case (in hot pink!) that you can put scissors and other gizmos and little tools into and slip into your pocket book...so handy to have on the go! A book by my favorite author Debbie Macomber and jelly beans! I think I'm going to get fat if I stay on this board!

#2 Thanks and a big hug to Crafty Dalene aka Darlene in Florida! I got another cool package with a cutest pin cushion and a cool (hot pink!) clip on book light, book and tissues holder (the book looks like a tear jerker/romance) and a Milky Way midnight, yum! Looks like a fun evening in coming which is great since my hubby is travelling to London for almost a week and then I leave for a week in NC to look for a new home for my sister.

#3 Susan in Florida (a former Long Islander!) sent me a fabulous package full off goodies including an Omnigrid Rotary Cutter case (that will positively be travelling with me) and an beautiful embroidered tea towel...and can you believe she actually apologized for only sending one? Crazy!!! It's so lovely Susan, one is wonderful especially since my kitchen is a bit dreary and badly in need of a paint job! She also sent me one of the most talked about/ coveted items that was sent in a package, but you have to wait for the pictures to see what it was!

and did I mention the fabric? turquoise, yellow, pink, red, swirly patterned and Chicken! AWESOME! I immediately laid the fabric out in grouping and started planning projects.

So thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you fabulous women. Saturday was a great day and not just because of the "stuff" but because off the love and kindness that was in every package. I am constantly amazed at how generous you all (and I do me all of you) are. I don't like to bring up trouble, but you should all know that I've had a very rough couple of years with the loss of my mom and my niece and multiple surgeries. Depression is a terrible beast. I've been doing much better but having the opportunity to "meet" you and have a really good time swapping and chatting has been a big lift to my spirits. This is only my second month in the swap, but checking in to see what's up with all has become a regular part of my day, so thanks.

here's the crappy part, my card reader is not working so I have to get out to the store today and get a new one so I can post all the photos of my packages. I can't wait to show you everything. There's so much more than I wrote about.

Have a great Father's Day. Jack (the hubby) and I had a very late dinner in Brooklyn with our sons Josh and Noah and Cate (Noah's wonderful girlfriend). We didn't get home until waaay past 2 am after the drive home. Today, thankfully will be a quiet day with some sewing and cooking and being grateful for the men in my life. I am blessed.

hugs to you all (and I hope my long posts aren't too boring).

Last edited by Pinkwater; 06-17-2012 at 07:22 AM.