Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 AM

Dear Jan, I know your pain and you will make it through. I am sure you feel your husband near you all the time....I know I feel Joe all around me. Bless you and wishing you quiet peace. Sharon
Old 06-17-2012, 07:32 AM

Hi Lori, I am glad you made it home without getting hurt. I am sure it was a scary walk though! When I lived in NJ we had several power failures that lasted for 2 or 3 days..the worst part for me was just that it was really BORING at night. Can't see to read, tv won't work, etc. Very inconvenient. Hope it doesn't happen again to you and Marty!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Banned

Dear Jan,

I KNOW your pain as I have been there twice in my life,
its never easy but I can imagine how much harder it is
when you have been married as long as you were.

My heart goes out to you, the family and friends.

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
DEAR QUILTING BOARD FRIENDS: FROM all over the country.... I have no words that tell all of you how much I have greatly appreciated you love , support, prayers, cards, fat quaters, pins, kind messages, books, words, in the very unexpeced death of my hubby in MAY. I am so very grateful for all of you . It has been a tough challenge to swim against the current for my family, friends, neighbors, business collegues of my hubs, and our church family. We have all been hit hard by this one, as my hubby was our church organist, and a kind gentkle man to all. Many of you know how a sudden unexpedted turn in life throws us way off. I AM not in this alone, the folks mentioned above, are all in this together and have been VERY supportive also... I wish I could hug everyone of you who has sent a card, prayer, etc. I have a huge supportive circle helpng with so many things that need to be attended to. I appologize for the delay in a message, as the computer needed to be "cleaned" out of business items etc. for my protection, plus it decided to have an attitude lately. These days we function in a world of high tech and is is necessary to function with basics like communications. My faith is strong, and I have put my trust fully in GODS hands as to get through each day. I spend alot of time with my middle sister and her kids and grandkids. They seem to love having another auntie around and we help each other move forward together. GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU... LOOk forward to cont. the SP swaps as my hubby would want me to.. HUGS . My kitty is a great pal to have around too! =^.^=
Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM

JAN, my prayers are still with you. I miss you too! {{{{HUGS}}}}
Old 06-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by hoppa View Post
Thanks for he aniversary wishes Krystna. Can't tell as it would b cheating but they will know next week. It is someone who sews alot.
BAH!!! You're a stinker!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Lori...wow, sounds like you had some scary moments there with the awful weather. I'm so glad you made it home safely!

Jan...so very sorry for your loss. It is good to have family surrounding you during this very difficult time. It will help you adjust and keep you surrounded by the love and comfort of family. And your hubby may not be with you physically but I am certain that he is with you in spirit and hoping that you will be happy and at peace. {{Hugs}}
Old 06-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Krystyna I was thinking maybe use the bling as a slide on a scarf. Not sure that is what you would call it. Or maybe ad a decorative strap on a tote or purse and slide one on it. Maybe make some kind of hair decor. with them also.I can't really tell the size of them. So maybe what I suggested is totally wrong. Not like me to be wrong though.LOL.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 AM

Still waiting on mine to arrive, cant wait to get it.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Here's the thing, Mary. If you put it on a scarf, it would just slide off and fall on the floor. As far as the tote goes, you would end up covering part of the cystals, so that's why I don't think that's what they are for. The mystery continues ...
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Lori I know power loss is kinda scarey.Especially away from home and outside. 5 yrs ago a terrible ice storm passed through here in Missouri and we lost power for 14 days. We are in the country so we also had no water as our well needed elect. to work. With cows and chickens ,dogs and a cat we needed lots of water. the ponds were frozen so we were in a mess. Trees were down all over the roads and lines. It looked like a war zone. I worked 11pm-7am not a good driving time with all the lines and trees down.But God was there and got us through.That's when our creativeness shines through. Glad your home safe and your power is on.Mary