Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Sis, why does it look like your swap is on a high chair tray. Are you or John in your second childhood? Love the pretty fabric. lil sis
Sis, it's because it's on a tray... That is one of those work tables for when you are sitting at a couch or chair... Believe me it's so handy... In summer I drape my quilts that I am hand quilting over it and it's not laying in my lap and getting me warm... Also for little projects when I am cutting, like the Flower pin cushions... Reminds me need to make one...Have a great day everyone will check in latter off to Guild meeting...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 AM

Linda so sorry about your dog. They are such a part of the family.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by tedytrser View Post
Linda C I feel really bad for posting this. I am so sorry for you loss.
Deb please don't feel bad, I love the photo of your baby, she is such a cutie. Barney had one of those on when he had a lump removed from his leg about two years ago but he figured out that if he hit the side of the door at an angle it would pop open.
LindaC
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who sent kind wishes about losing our dog. We have great memories of him and he now has a special place in the garden. My 11 year old used to go out everyday and sit with him and tell him all about her day and just "chill out" with him. Now she goes out and sits beside where he is buried and tells him about her day. I know that we will get another dog in a while but the house sure feels very quiet.
LindaC
Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 AM

No need to be embarrassed. Yes indeed I did make the relish myself. I can stuff from our garden every year but with the crazy weather we have been having who knows as my tomatoes are not growing very fast and we have a slow growing season here

Hoping for alot of zucchini as everyone went crazy over the zucchini marmalade last year/

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
How embarrassing! I know that Bruce's name is Bruce. But I have a minor excuse ... I've been doing a raw foods and juice diet and ... well, to be delicate ... it's a good thing that I work at home and that's all I'm going to say ... but the detox part of it has me a little fuzzy headed. So ... my apologies to BRUCE! I plan on having a delicious COOKED veggie burger today and will try out the relish. Did you make it yourself?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:02 AM

LindaC sorry about your baby, hard to take

Feeney is just "airing" out his Parts, we all need to do that once in a while LOL

conehead....doesn't look comfortable. LOL
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa View Post
Hoping for alot of zucchini as everyone went crazy over the zucchini marmalade last year/

Can you share your recipe for zucchini marmalade - I usually end up with zucchini bumper crop and this sounds yummy.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Swap Hosts

I'm jealous about the zucchini bumper crop. We get horrid vine borers. I've tried everything, but in the end, they always win. Nonetheless, I'm trying again this year.

As for the recipe for the strawberry- rapsberry-chocolate jam - I can't find it at the moment, but just make the strawberry-raspberry jam in the usual way and before you're ready to pour into jars, pour a good bit if chocolate liqueur into the jam pot and give a quick mix. Process as usual. I know there are recipes that call for mixing in chocolate blocks, but with the cocoa fat, you really don't want to BWB. It's not safe. And you never want to pressure can a jam ... so chocolate liqueur it is! I tried it once using a good amount of cocoa powder stirred in while the mix was boiling but the foaming issue was out of control ... and it didn't taste as good.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 AM

You know what? In all my excitement, I think I forgot to post a picture of the wonderful box I received from jaciqltznok. Thank you sooooooo much. That fabric is beautiful. I can't wait til the weekend when I will have time to give that magazine some attention. LOL I have just started playing with the embroydery feature on my machine and loving the results. I am sure the magazine is going to inspire me further! Everything in the package was GREATLY appreciated.
Also, my package is in the mail to my SP. She posts on here quite a bit, and in fact has mentioned how patiently she is waiting! So sorry for the delay, I hope you find it worth the wait. Will check in the morning to see where it is and when it should arrive!!! thank you all,
Attached Thumbnails june-sp.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Rec'd 2 gifts today...buttons from hoppa (Jeff) & Bruce, the beautiful fingernail pink ribbon file from dconroy84 (Donna C). Thank you both for thinking of me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343425[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails gifts.jpg