Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Hey look what i made with the layer cake fabrics my pal sent me.
Nice!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
The clean up of my studio continues ... and I've come to this box. I thought I could use them as loops for fancy aprons, but nope. Are they tiny purse handles? They are Czech crystal ... What do you think?
Well.... Tiny purse handles OR gigantic earrings??? lol. Is this a test? Do they bend? Maybe scarf holders, belt buckles, tiaras, small picture frames, hat adornments, mobiles... Whatever they are or become, they are beautiful..
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Guess I should not have jumped right in with a response, but read Brenda21's answer first. At least great minds run the same channels.. - picture frames!!!

I love shiny things, too, Krystyna.. And so do a couple of crows (real huge, black birds) who attached from behind me to get my sparkly headband last year. I don't wear that headband outside in the sun anymore. So don't even think of making headbands out of these things.

Maybe you could have a contest and put one in a few SP and RAK packages and see who comes up with the best design.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Just wanted to share an amusing thing that happened to me today... My birthday is at the end of the month (not saying this to get gifts!!!) and it will be my first year of Social Security eligibility - I may have mentioned that already, though, thus making a long story longer...sorry. Anyway I got two envelopes in the mail today - neither of which was my SP package (just thought I'd throw that in). Soooo, birthdays just aren't what they used to be... One envelope was plain and the other was from the IRS. "Oh Joy" was my first thought. I opened the plain one first - it was information about cremations. Sigh. It turns out that the scary IRS notification was the better of the two. IT was a letter saying that they owe me another $250 in tax refund - I have already received $63 back. I'm to get it in 2-3 weeks. How's that for luck, I ask you???? Now, I can afford the downpayment on a cremation!! Ey,ey, ey!! At least both are less fattening than cake, right?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Hey look what i made with the layer cake fabrics my pal sent me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342540[/ATTACH]
Love your Heart Anastasia...good for a Doll quilt swap...
Old 06-16-2012, 03:06 PM

Sharon I'll take the cake....LOL

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Just wanted to share an amusing thing that happened to me today... My birthday is at the end of the month (not saying this to get gifts!!!) and it will be my first year of Social Security eligibility - I may have mentioned that already, though, thus making a long story longer...sorry. Anyway I got two envelopes in the mail today - neither of which was my SP package (just thought I'd throw that in). Soooo, birthdays just aren't what they used to be... One envelope was plain and the other was from the IRS. "Oh Joy" was my first thought. I opened the plain one first - it was information about cremations. Sigh. It turns out that the scary IRS notification was the better of the two. IT was a letter saying that they owe me another $250 in tax refund - I have already received $63 back. I'm to get it in 2-3 weeks. How's that for luck, I ask you???? Now, I can afford the downpayment on a cremation!! Ey,ey, ey!! At least both are less fattening than cake, right?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
The clean up of my studio continues ... and I've come to this box. I thought I could use them as loops for fancy aprons, but nope. Are they tiny purse handles? They are Czech crystal ... What do you think?
Krystyna

Are there chains in that box??? and maybe some of these are attached to the chains, take a few out of the box and take pictures... so we can see them better...
Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM

Anastasia the heart block is really pretty
SharonAnne-nice to get that extra refund huh? and I can't believe that crows attacked you!!! all of those are great ideas for the shiny objects but we must find out the original purpose!!!
Rosemary-tomorrow is the jam tasting day for you.....you're gonna LOVE it!!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:13 PM

krystyna where did you go???? did you find more pretty things???? how's that cleaning project coming along???
Old 06-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
.... My birthday is at the end of the month....
I love shiny things, too, Krystyna..
Ooooh. What a great idea I have!!!!