Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM

been trying to catch up on post , have been offline because of a three day Migraine.

K I love all your fabric, skulls, cupcakes and cherries. WOW

Alot of nice packages.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM

Sending my package tomorrow, Thursday, the 14th (or for most of you, I guess it's already Thursday). Let's hope the canines don't open the package before my SP partner can do so. The firmie will be headed southeast and there is water involved at her location. Lori, I will send you a PM tomorrow after work regarding the shipping.

To everyone on here suffering from infirms, my thoughts and prayers. Feel better and get better pronto!!!

Love all the goodies everyone is receiving - such fun looking at the photos.

And to Krystyna - I'm am flabbergasted by your beautiful and extensive stash. I hope you don't mind if I used you as an example for my DH. He now thinks I don't have much fabric - you are a true inspiration and role model...!!! Thanks - I owe you. lol.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
And to Krystyna - I'm am flabbergasted by your beautiful and extensive stash. I hope you don't mind if I used you as an example for my DH. He now thinks I don't have much fabric - you are a true inspiration and role model...!!! Thanks - I owe you. lol.
I thought I would do the same thing. I'll show DH, Krystyna's stash and he will think my stash isn't quite as bad. Just think how many marriages and lives K's photos will save! lol If I keep adding to my stash, we will have to find another residence.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I know this has been covered before, but yes, the $10 is out of pocket. Then most of us add stuff we make or that we've stockpiled. And a lot of us shop dollar stores and use coupons so the cost isn't over $10.

I've been really busy reorganizing my stash ... so far only got three shelves done ... they are two bolts deep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341816[/ATTACH]

And here is part of the other side of my studio ... boxes of t shirts for embroidering on top and some finished veils below ... just a tiny piece ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341817[/ATTACH]
Krystyna your stash is to die for. I love how you organized it. Are those shelves from Ikea? It really looks like you have a little fabric shop. How big is your sewing space?

I am looking forward to getting our new house so I can set up my sewing room. I am staying with the in-laws for a little bit and sharing my mother in law's sewing room. I would never show pictures of that LOL. Two quilter's stashes combined YIKES. The scary part is 1/2 of my original stash is in storage. So, I have no idea how I will fit it all in the new house. I guess when we start looking I look for BIG sewing area! Luckily dh is very understanding of my addiction.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 AM

Default Thankyou Juli

I recieved package from Juli last week but been so severly ill unable to post til today!!!
Attached Thumbnails imag1044.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Gail called today when she got home and told me she got her package and as she was pulling things out she sounded so happy... Glad she got a great package and we had a good day celebrating her Birthday...
What???? When was Gail's birthday????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETWATER!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Received one of my Secret pal packages from nexxus831........what a nice package......she sent me some 5 inch I spy blocks........some layer cake blocks.......thread....a couple of hankies....and some of the best smelling loose tea...........can't wait to have some.................yum
And where are the photos dear Catpawski???
Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I thought Auntie Gails birthday was june 22.
Auntie Gail and I celebrated yesterday, we had a nice quiet lunch and lots of shopping... and yes it's June 22...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Awwww, Quiltymom, I hope you're feeling better soon. You've been ill for too long. I will step up my work on a special package that is coming your way ... hopefully it will cheer you up a bit.

ToomanyUFOs, clown costumes??? Oh my gosh, you HAVE to post pix. We have to see this!!!

As for my stash, yes the shelves are from Ikea. At one time I had a very active eBay business selling Catholic artifacts from estate sales and on behalf of some convents and parishes so I really had to get shelves up. They are quite deep and wrap around two walls from floor to ceiling. Yes, from Ikea, but they don't make this type any more. I still have a couple of shelves with statues on them that I need to finish repairing and get sold and out of here. The other two walls have an L shaped desk that hold two of my machines. There are two plastic drawers underneath and a small filing cabinet ... and more bins of fabric and lace. It's a tiny space so every inch counts.

I'm glad that my photos will help you convince your hubbies that you need more fabric! Mine goes shopping with me and is a good bargain hunter. BUT ... no more shopping. I still have many, many, many more bins of fabric to sort through. Many. Besides quilting (and, of course, veil making) I make scarves, aprons and embroidered tea towels to sell. So happily all that fabric is a business expense -- we are incorporated in Delaware.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
And where are the photos dear Catpawski???
Sorry Krystyna...........I'm in a very lazy mood.................just want to go to bed.........I don't even want to lift my arms..........yet here I sit at work reading the Quilting board..................