Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 AM

Krystyna I envy your neat, neat stash. I keep trying to organize mine but can't ever get it under so much control. You really ROCK! I love this board and especially this really delightful swap!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM

okay, sp box was mailed this morning. its off to a state with lots of beaches and fairytales. hope she likes everything. i will be tracking it and post its location just in case your watching.LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
okay, sp box was mailed this morning. its off to a state with lots of beaches and fairytales. hope she likes everything. i will be tracking it and post its location just in case your watching.LOL
Hmmm. Beaches and fairytales. Sounds like Florida or California. We have beaches, but no fairytales except the ones I tell myself.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM

i got my sps box today its like xmas here in my house, i was jumpin all over,thank you pinkwater,i love it,i mom just loves the fish fabric,i forgot to say what ruler i would like to have ,so miss pinkwater sent me a ruler rack ,i love it and every think in the box was perfect,my 2y gs spoted the bug fabric and went nuts , love the bath scubbie and bodywash,the book i will read starting today ,i saw it before but didnt get,thank you,thankyou,
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM

I'm getting very excited since packages should arrive in the next two days! I can tell you that the packages do not included the following items as they are readily available at my 3 sp’s locations: macadamia nuts, fancy picture hats, grandchildren, figurines that dance on the dashboard, fried chicken, hay, kings or queens of the castle or Spam.
On a completely different subject (and I hope this doesn’t annoy anyone or break any rules) I read a post from someone who was looking for Harry Potter fabric. When I posted that I had some, people came out of the woodwork asking for some. I packaged it all up in batches and sent it hither and yon to quilters who were using it to make things for kids with special needs. Then yesterday I received another request, but this one really got to me. The woman explained that she sews with a group that makes blankets/quilts for terminally ill children and that they had a little boy who desperately wanted a Harry Potter quilt. I had two ½ yards left that were going to someone’s stash so I set them to her today ( I still need to make my apologies to the other person), but I also suggested that she could find awesome paper pieced block patterns @ http://www.fandominstitches.com/p/hp.html and that perhaps someone in her group could make some of the blocks. She wrote back to say thank you for the fabric and explain that most of them were cross stitchers and there was no one to attempt the blocks so although I’m at best an advanced beginner I told her I would try and make one or two. (I’ve never paper pieced before) I also said I’d ask around and see if anyone I knew would be willing to make a block. So, if any of you are willing please send me a private message or post a reply and I’ll coordinate our efforts so that we don’t end up making the same block. Just so you know, I did look into the organization, the woman and the child to verify that this was on the up and up and it is. Thanks for listening. I know that I’ve only been around the board for a short time but you all seem like you’d be ok with me asking. I apologize if I’ve offended anyone. Thanks. Leslie
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM

we have tried,and tried to post the pictures of my gifts from miss pinkwater ,as soon as i find out how to do this i will put pics on here,i need to learn this ,just to let everyone know ,that pinkwater is grrrreeeeaaaatttt to swap with.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM

oh Krystyna, I don't know how you are able to control yourself on the fabric freeze....yesterday, I went to the LQS and they do a lot of precut FQ's, which I love.....so I bought a bunch and when I got home 4 of them were not the right shade that I needed to finish what I was working on....so today, I went back and my ONLY intention was to exchange these 4 FQ's for 4 different FQ's, which I did....HOWEVER...I just couldn't help myself from wandering around the shop (even though I was just in there yesterday) and of course I ended up coming out with my 4 exchanged FQ's, a few MORE FQ's, a yard of something I missed yesterday, a kit, and a Dr. Seuss panel that was marked down to $2.00.... and how was everyone else's afternoon?
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Swap Hosts

Brenda, it's very easy. If I don't go to the store, I don't buy anything.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM

My package arrived today and I love it. Pinkwater is a great swap pal!!! Take a look for yourself...The yellow table runner is mine...I have it all out on my dining room table and I am about to go play with it. Thanks so much, Leslie. Great package and a lot of fun for sure.
Attached Thumbnails dscn1816.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 PM

well, I DIDN"T have the color I needed at the house....duh....