Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 PM

I messaged Lori to check for me if SP received - as far as I know she never heard from them either. Oh well - onward & upward. Doing a few other swaps so need to get those done. Like I said - you all are lovely ladies and I enjoy this swap so much - this will not keep me away I promise. Thank you all for your input. Don't ever want to be negative Nancy lol. I'm just a tad hurt.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Good will you try again ????
Hahaha! I will watch for a few months and see how it goes. I have been staying pretty busy with doll quilt swap and others. We'll see.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Okay ladies we will miss you,so hurry back. We do like to keep swappers that play right and fair. Some months there are over 100 swappers so the odds are really not to bad.Enjoy your other swaps and the summer. Happy quilting Mary
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 PM

I too did not receive anything yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 PM

You learn something new everyday-I didn't realize that there were times that sent messages didn't get through, although I know that has happened with emails(my email acct. not the board's pm) once or twice-but rare.

Lori does an awesome job of verifying on here of who is waiting and what she has still open on her list here on the forum. She does a great job of following up with contacting those that she hasn't heard from and ones senders haven't heard from.

Newbies remember that the PMs to Lori and the thank you pm are required for the swap but it is not required to post on the thread. And while we like hearing about it, there are some that don't have internet at home, and are using it at the library, and that may have time limits. And I know of one who mentioned having to go into town to use the internet. So they may be ones that don't usually post on the thread. Please don't fault participants for not posting on the thread when that isn't required.

And if someone is out of town or had some unforeseen emergency they maybe unable to post, but it does look inconsiderate when they are posting here on the board several times and haven't sent the pm's. It would seem to me that if there was a pm sent that didn't go through it would not be the case for several from different users. It really does hurt when things like that happen. But like

And hopefully if you enjoy the swap you will consider giving it another try. Like Mary said don't let one bad apple spoil your fun.

And on a happier note.... my sp that I sent to- Gaijin sent me a thank you card and 3 fqs because she is so grateful swappers are willing to send internationally so they can participate. I tried to post a pic but got the invalid image message again so I have to figure out what that problem is... Thank you Deborah!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
I messaged Lori to check for me if SP received - as far as I know she never heard from them either. Oh well - onward & upward. Doing a few other swaps so need to get those done. Like I said - you all are lovely ladies and I enjoy this swap so much - this will not keep me away I promise. Thank you all for your input. Don't ever want to be negative Nancy lol. I'm just a tad hurt.
This happened to me earlier this year - my SP disappeared not only from the swap, but the board too! I was a little hurt about not getting a thank you as I'd specially made (I thought) a cute zippered pouch. I'm assuming it arrived OK.

Last month one of my SPs sent a pm to say she was busy and she'd thank me later (didn't). Again, I'd made an item, specially for her. At least I know it arrived safely, something I do worry about.

I never got either of my December parcels, although in February, after a lot of pressure from Lori I did get one parcel - rescued from the dog basket, I think...............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421496[/ATTACH]

Now I'm grateful for anything, lol!

Seriously, it doesn't bother me now. The vast majority of swappers are kind, wonderful and generous gifters and I've certainly been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of more than enough of those to keep me swappin' on.
Attached Thumbnails img_0534.jpg  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post

Lori does an awesome job of verifying on here of who is waiting and what she has still open on her list here on the forum. She does a great job of following up with contacting those that she hasn't heard from and ones senders haven't heard from.

Newbies remember that the PMs to Lori and the thank you pm are required for the swap but it is not required to post on the thread. And while we like hearing about it, there are some that don't have internet at home, and are using it at the library, and that may have time limits. And I know of one who mentioned having to go into town to use the internet. So they may be ones that don't usually post on the thread. Please don't fault participants for not posting on the thread when that isn't required.
I wholeheartedly agree that Lori does a fantastic job, especially since this swap seems to have a higher incidence of swappers not fulfilling their obligations. I know it is really difficult for the hostess so I don't envy her! Starshine there has been enough people responding to indicate that it isn't just illness etc. and while it may not be required to post on the board, common courtesy would dictate in my book that it be done when that is the social norm of the forum, AND if one can't post, say TY, etc...then I for one would not feel comfortable participating.
The biggest issue for me is that the people not sending at all are receiving!

OK, I believe I started this negativity, so I will end it.....ALL DONE! Time to move on, and let's continue the FUN!
i have seen some pretty cool packages being received!

Last edited by Cogito; 06-28-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
I understand that life happens and things come up. I really do. Or even vacation. So I am remaining hopeful that I will hear something so that I know my effort was appreciated and that my SP is ok. I love this swap and I will be back in August for sure. Maybe we will be partners someday and if so I promise to thank you profusely LOL !!
your a peach, is Lori listening LOL
Old 06-28-2013, 04:42 AM

Morning Ladies! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Just wanted to ask ya'll to remember catpawski (Sandy) she starts her therapy today for throat cancer. She was my sp for this month.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Morning Ladies! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Just wanted to ask ya'll to remember catpawski (Sandy) she starts her therapy today for throat cancer. She was my sp for this month.
Crafty Darlene, thank you so much for sharing this info. I will surely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Is there a way we could send her a card shower or? I know we have to be careful with private information.....