Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap >

June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap

June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap

Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM

**PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED OR MAILED YET***

Lynnie, I haven't posted yet. Hope to be up on Monday. Going with the summer theme. Either summer treat or summer colors.

Love the thread catcher! Everyone is receiving GREAT goodies.
This week was the week from you know where! Too much going on at my house. As I was shopping at Michael's, the event coordinator approached me about coming on board as their Paper Craft Instructor. Had an interview with the Manager yesterday. He hired me!! Well, have to wait for the background check to come back. Hope he doesn't find that body I buried in the back yard several years ago. Just kidding! I know that is just routine now. I should hear something by Thursday of next week. Also, the secretary from church is retiring. They announced that they will be accepting resumes until the 7th. DH and I have talked it over, and I will be putting my resume on the preacher's desk Sunday. I do like my job that I have now, but the hours are not very desirable. The pay is lower than what I was getting before my previous job wanted me to go to commission only . Not to mention my fortune that I got a few months go that said "Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you." Three months from that time is July. Don't really believe in that sort of thing, but it did make me think.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:22 PM

great pc. I was planning to make that next month in summer colors. lol
Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 PM

jaba, beautiful needle aose. if i'd known I might get blue celtic fabric, I woulda signed up for needle cases.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM

I received the cutest pc from lauriejo yesterday! It was "one of those days" so I wasn't able to get on QB until this morning. I love the print she used! It was 'wrapped' in a flag print FQ. A gift in a gift! Thanks Lauriejo - I love it![ATTACH=CONFIG]420447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420448[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails june-pin-cushion-lauriejo-2.jpg   june-pin-cushion-lauriejo-1.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Banned

I received my pc from lauriejo yesterday. Totally love it!!!!!

Will post pictures in a short while when my headache goes away, but
It looks pretty much the same as old_rosebud's pc from lauriejo.

Thank for the awesome pc.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Love all the pincushions and needle cases being made on this swap. Tracey I'm praying you get that new job at your church. I worked for the church for 15 years before I retired and it is very fulfilling work. and teaching paper crafts at Michaels will just be the icing on the cake. Good Luck
Old 06-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

tracey, my fingers are crossed for you,
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM

Tracey - Good luck! I would love to have a job at my church!
Just found my pattern for next month's pincushion swap. Can't wait!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

just made my pin cushion for next month. i'm going to do two, since I collect pincushions, i'm hoping to get two great ones back. this one is awesome. did one similar for mays, a hint,,,, think beachy aqua and tannish sand, then throw in some real seashells. so far, i'm making two. I can't wait to get my names, they'll be ready to ship out on Monday, I gotta get a special mailing container again, a bit fragile. Tupperware works great.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Thank you girls. I too am praying for that job. The hours that I am keeping now are crazy. I am hardly home by 9 on Mondays. Tuesdays are set aside for weekly dinner at my parents. Wed is church. Thrusday home by 530. Fridays not home until 7. Have to work some Saturdays. My playtime is nearly null!

Today I was planning to spend the day sewing. I didn't. Cleaned the cabinets in the kitchen. Vacuumed my little swimming pool. Floated for about an hour or so. Date night with my daddy. We went to his childhood church for their annual barbecue. This was the 57th year. He told stories of the first one. He was almost 10. Now that my grandparents are gone as most of the founding members, it just isn't the same. The women's group used to have a monthly quilting bee 10 months out of the year. They would auction off each quilt. Some would bring hundreds of dollars. All of the money went back in to the church. Now there are no quilts. The "general store" has yard sale items in it. The food was delicious.