Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd share with you what I am working on. My grandson Tyler and his fiancee Katelyn are getting married May 25th. I was invited to the bridal shower of course and I decided there was no way i was going to go to Target and buy something off of the register list.

so since some may know pieced hotpads are my specialty. I sold them to a local store for 13 yrs. I am a miniaturist so everything I do has to be miniature.

I thought I'd make at least a couple and I wanted one to be masculine. their kitchen colors are turquoise and dk gray. so not my colors but I am working with them.
    ce
    This is what I have done so far. I am adding another border on the other two sides then adding a fake binding. I do not do bindings LOL This is a split rail fence with a piano key board border. Nothing too exciting but I wanted one that wasn't too complicated. They don't know anything about quilts so they won't probably have an opinion about the pattern LOL So far this measure's 7 1/2" so will be approx 7 3/4" when finished.

Name:  Tyler and Katelyn Hot Pads.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  613.9 KB

Then the second picture is one of my designs I love I named Starflake. I have to do at least one of my own designs. LOL I am going to do it in the turquoise and a lighter gray. the individual blocks will be 1 1/2" unfinished and 1" finished. The hotpad will be about 8" give or take.

Name:  Starflake.jpg
Size:  53.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd share with you what I am working on. My grandson Tyler and his fiancee Katelyn are getting married May 25th. I was invited to the bridal shower of course and I decided there was no way i was going to go to Target and buy something off of the register list.

so since some may know pieced hotpads are my specialty. I sold them to a local store for 13 yrs. I am a miniaturist so everything I do has to be miniature.

I thought I'd make at least a couple and I wanted one to be masculine. their kitchen colors are turquoise and dk gray. so not my colors but I am working with them.
    ce
    This is what I have done so far. I am adding another border on the other two sides then adding a fake binding. I do not do bindings LOL This is a split rail fence with a piano key board border. Nothing too exciting but I wanted one that wasn't too complicated. They don't know anything about quilts so they won't probably have an opinion about the pattern LOL So far this measure's 7 1/2" so will be approx 7 3/4" when finished.

Name:  Tyler and Katelyn Hot Pads.jpg
Size:  613.9 KB

Then the second picture is one of my designs I love I named Starflake. I have to do at least one of my own designs. LOL I am going to do it in the turquoise and a lighter gray. the individual blocks will be 1 1/2" unfinished and 1" finished. The hotpad will be about 8" give or take.

Name:  Starflake.jpg
Size:  53.3 KB

My turquoise version

Attachment 612429
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice! I know they'll love them. I think it's funny, because so many times people have asked me about my 'hotpads' when I display my miniature quilts...usually gets my dander up a tad......
    Life happens...and we react...

Those are really pretty, Rhonda... Your block design in the bomb....just love it..
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    That is some wonderful work Rhonda. I love making mini quilts. I don't know how I would react to a hot pad reference, not well, I'm sure.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Got bored working with red and black...so thought I'd see what more I could do with the 'Cat House' before I quilt it...guess I won't add flowers...unless they are just wild ones...but I did add a title. I'm wondering if I will be making something else for the swap....???? I guess that depends on how the quilting turns out. Anyway, here it is titled...hmmm...does it need some flowers? Grandson says he likes it just like it is, but it seems sort of drab.....
    Name:  Cat House.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  266.4 KB
    Life happens...and we react...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6