Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 >

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

Old 02-23-2015, 05:16 PM

Just sent my PM for a Pincushion and Needlecase. Looking forward to this swap!!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 06:17 PM

You ladies have been just so nice. The last 6 weeks have been awful. My FIL's large boat shop needed to be torn down, but he would never allow us to do it. Well the night we told him he had to go to the nursing home, the smaller, back part of the boat shop collapsed. Then sat after the funeral, that night the large part of the shop collapsed. The boat shop was built along side of the house. The shop hit the house and and put a hole through the wall of the entryway.
we had the electric co come, but they didn't do anything. We had to get them there again sun because there were live wires on the roof and in the snow. The electric had to be disconnectrd from the house. When the boat shop came down it pulled the wires and fried the fuse box. I guess his wife will go back to her house, but it will have to have an excavater remove the snow. The well pump also stopped working before all this happened. Then DH had to deal with snow and ice on the roof because the water was pouring into the bay window after he put salt on the roof. He has had to do all of the snow blowing, shoveling. 2 weeks of cutting ice from around the boats, one day he worked 16hours in the cold and finally got them on the mooring or they would have beed destroyed, a sick father, a funeral, a collapsed boat shop and to top it off he is very sick with a cold. I do hope things get better.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Oh Dwina, my heart goes out to you. wish we all there to support you in your time of need.
You've been through so much in the past few weeks. Of course you want to take a break to be able
just to breath for awhile. Give yourself sometime to let things stop spinning around you. You need
sometime to yourself. We'll be here, and stop by and visit and let us know how things are going for
you and your family. We'll try to cheer you up with some of the nice things we all make. Pray for
warmer weather too. So sorry for all you've been thru.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:14 PM

Dwina, the old adage "when it rains, it pours" is applicable here, I think. You poor dear and your poor dear husband. I am praying fervently for you both. Prayers for healing, physical and for your hearts, too. What you have been through seems too much to be borne.

Hold fast to one another and take care of yourselves. We'll be here when you have the time and the energy to come by. I, too, wish I were close enough to do something meaningful for you.

Deb
Old 02-23-2015, 07:20 PM

Dwina, Lynnie and Patches couldn't have said it better. You have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I, too, wish I lived closer so that you would have one more person to lean on. But remember that we are all here for you. If there is anything we can do from a distance don't hesitate to let us know. {{{HUGS}}} <3
Old 02-24-2015, 03:58 AM

I'm so sorry, Dwina, that you had so much going on at the same time. One never really knows the burdens others carry. My love & prayers go to you & your family.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:31 PM

We're doing really good this month. We have 19 signed up so far. Spread the word. We could always use more!
Old 02-24-2015, 04:58 PM

I cannot wait to get started on my swap items. I even ordered a new pincushion pattern that has been on my must purchase list for several years.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:01 PM

I do have some good news. We just got the permits approved for the other wharf we want to build. I think it was Oct when we started the process and just now got approved. We still have to go to the Town planning board. Good night everyone.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 AM

That is great news Dwina