Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM

And remember someone here is collecting clothing labels!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 AM

I also want to say how much I like the tea wallet my March pal gave me! If I was still teaching, I'd be the envy of the faculty room! I never was that interested in having one before & they look like a pain to make. Thanks again
Dotty
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Just a little reminder about buttons. Yesterday I was cleaning out a closet and had a few shirts to throw away.Remember you can take off the buttons and reuse them. That's how I got so many buttons. Most are similar but every once in awile I get a few really cute ones. That's alot cheaper than buying them. Of course ya aways need a few new ones,just like fabric. no matter how much stash you have ya always need some new.lol Mary
My mother always did that. Then if we lost a button we would just pull out the old button can and go through it. I, of course, just used to like playing with the buttons. Must have been the precursor to loving crafty things. I'm off the bench but since there's wine and it's such a beautiful day and good company I can come back, too!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Dotty are you collecting the manufacturers label? Like the ones in the neck of a shirt? If so I will start saving them for you. Mary
Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LoriEl
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Just a little reminder about buttons. Yesterday I was cleaning out a closet and had a few shirts to throw away.Remember you can take off the buttons and reuse them. That's how I got so many buttons. Most are similar but every once in awile I get a few really cute ones. That's alot cheaper than buying them. Of course ya aways need a few new ones,just like fabric. no matter how much stash you have ya always need some new.lol Mary
My mother always did that. Then if we lost a button we would just pull out the old button can and go through it. I, of course, just used to like playing with the buttons. Must have been the precursor to loving crafty things. I'm off the bench but since there's wine and it's such a beautiful day and good company I can come back, too!
I think all Mom's had a button tin or jar when I grew up. My mom had a tin with flowers on it. I remember sitting for hours also playing with all the buttons. Thanks for the memory Mary
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 AM

Mailman just came and went........................head hanging low...........heading back to the bench......no squishy for me today..................Maybe Monday I hope...............I just hope it hasn't gotten lost or something............
Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Mary, The labels are not for me. Some one else wants them, in the free listing. I saw an awesome art quilt made w them!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 PM

oh my goodness!!! never thought to save the buttons--DUH!!!! thank you so much for your post mary--i will save them now!!!

though a lot of the stuff we get rid of we end up donating...but the stained/ruined stuff--i should totally be taking off the buttons and keeping them....

thanks again!!! i learn so much from this board! :)
Old 04-02-2011, 01:15 PM

I save buttons also. My mother gave me a little gift a year ago. It was her button box. I remember as a child, playing with them, admiring them. The box is tin and a little rusty..and filled with old buttons. It makes me smile to have that memory.
Peace and Buttons..
Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I save buttons also. My mother gave me a little gift a year ago. It was her button box. I remember as a child, playing with them, admiring them. The box is tin and a little rusty..and filled with old buttons. It makes me smile to have that memory.
Peace and Buttons..
I remember stringing buttons with a needle and thread at my grandma's when I was little. I'd make "button necklaces" to wear during my visit and then the buttons would go back into the box for next time. Do little girls still do that? Cheap, easy entertainment!