Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 PM

That sounds so sweet Brenda...Sometimes we have to blow our own horns....It sounds like you did a great job!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM

I agree Roseysue! I love seeing what everyone got, and reading a description to go along with the photos because sometimes it is hard to tell what everything is in the photo! I am going to take a picture of everything before I send it off this time too, that way if my pal is unable to post a photo, I can share one for her!

So, I will second what Roseysue said... Please please come and tell us about the goodies you received! We all want to share the excitement!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by Roseysue
When you get your package, that is only half of it.

The other half is telling us all about what you got and if you can, a picture.

We want to hear , share in your fun, then it is all a mystery cause the senders aren't telling, so the receivers need to share, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE................

My March SP received her package last week,, told me how happy she was to get it, but all the persuading hasn't gotten her to tell you about it.

I just happened to take a picture before I sent it off so here is what it looked like :

Same with mine, only I haven't even heard from her...she let Suzanne know...so I will tell you all what I sent...she likes cat and dogs so I made a cute pin cushion from the new charm pack from Moda-Max & Whiskers-cute little cat and dog fabric...also made her a scissor fob and put a cross on it since she collects them, put in a pattern and six FQ's of her favorite colors, some buttons and some flavored coffee creamers :)
It really puts a damper on this whole game when there are people "entered" in it and don't really want to "play".

We really get excited going over the 'wishlist' or 'autobiography' we get and try to do and find things special just for that special person who that month is OUR one to be set apart.

That's what it is all about - the spirit of the game and if there is someone out there who is doing this for any other reason like 'just to do it' and not to get into the fun and excitement of making just one person really special for one month, there is no reason to spoil it for those who really enjoy the fun.

And by the way is there room on that bench for me - I will bring giradelli chocolate mints.
My legs are short, so I will need a seat near the low end of the bench.
Is there room for me? Is there, is there??? :cry:
Old 03-10-2011, 07:50 PM

I'm not sitting on that bench with you gals until it stops raining... chocolate or no chocolate! Weather is just awful here!

It does certainly sound like some people have more fun with this swap than others... maybe it needs to be a requirement that you come to this thread and post? I think there were 180 or so swappers this month and we only hear from a very small percentage of them. I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie here, this is only my third swap, but I try really hard to put alot of thought into what I send and to let my partner know when I get my package and how pleased I am with it. I would be just as sad to never hear from the person that I send to as I would be to not receive a package.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM

I think its a respect and curtisy thing. If my SP didn't post, or feel the need to show it off. My feelings would be hurt. I took the time, shopped just for you, have the kindness to pat me on the back and say "good job", even if you hate it,LOL!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:04 PM

Got my package sent yesterday going NW
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Would love to sit and wait on bench too, but cannt eat chocolate hateful old doctor gave me some meds that makes you gag even if you just nibble on a peice
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Forgot to mention... Roseysue, your package looks terrific... who wouldn't just LOVE receiving it! And Brenda, your package, as well...sounds just wonderful!Two more lucky recipients out there somewhere! Lots of thought and love went into those packages!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I think its a respect and curtisy thing. If my SP didn't post, or feel the need to show it off. My feelings would be hurt. I took the time, shopped just for you, have the kindness to pat me on the back and say "good job", even if you hate it,LOL!
Unfortunately most do not post pictures. there are 182 people in this swap and no way near that many pictures. I'm at least happy if I get a Thank you. I've been in this swap since Oct and I've only had 2 people post pictures. All sent great Thank you's but so many don't take pictures to share. I'm sure they love looking at everybody elses pictures.
I know I always sent Thank you PMs and posted pictures.

Still waiting for mine - but haven't gotten mine in mail yet. Will be out on Sat to one of you on the bench. (Hint, hint)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Forgot to mention... Roseysue, your package looks terrific... who wouldn't just LOVE receiving it! And Brenda, your package, as well...sounds just wonderful!Two more lucky recipients out there somewhere! Lots of thought and love went into those packages!
It is so good to hear nice words - music to my ears