Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT

Hi to my QUILTING friends: Received my may sp box today from barefoot quilter and the box was GAMMED with goodies. Fabric, fat quarters, emery boards in two sizes, needles, several sizes of scratch paper( which I use a lot), m&m candy, hand lotion, coin purse, magnetic photo frame, address book, 2 premade blocks, one is a house, and the other is a lavender sunbonnet sue, buttons, measuring gauge. I know there were things I forgot in this note... trying to put my memory to use without peeking!!! It was a great box... THANK YOU...It made my day :-)

As I watch the news my HEART goes out to the folks in Ok. that suffered that terrible tornado today.. Several others have been hit lately also... PLEASE keep these folks in your thought and prayers. Mother nature sometimes is not very nice!!
    Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 05-20-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    catsnquiltsgotogether

Blog Entries
    There are alot of people who have not let me know that they have received their packages and alot who have not mailed!! Or have not told me that they have mailed. This makes me feel like the date to mail is a joke and people send out their package out when they feel like it. As far as thanking people, that only happens half the time. I feel that the secret pal swap is being run by the swappers and to heck with the rules. If you have not let me know if you have mailed or received please send me a pm. Thank you, Lori

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Anyone else on the bench with me? Need to know how much chocolate to bring. I'm going out of town this weekend and will be gone until June 7, so I hope a surprise comes before then. I hope it comes Thurs, since that's my bday.

Sorry Lori for all the problems with the swap. I'm hoping the non-responders are that way due to valid reasons...but it only takes a few minutes to send you a quick note. Come on, everybody, we don't want to lose this swap or Lori. We should be above the age of requiring a courtesy monitor to make sure we follow rules. Maybe we need to set up a "reveal" date -- if a package isn't received by then, the sender must reveal to the recipient, either publicly or privately. Maybe to make things easier on Lori, only one SP should be allowed per person. Y'all know Lori has had some health issues this past year -- we should be trying to make this easier on her and not stressful. We love you, Lori, and we really appreciate the time and attention you have given this swap whether you feel well or not. I don't think that many of us would have been able to handle it as well as you have thru all the trials and tribulations. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, Nancy. Not again!!! Sweetie, you need a birthday treat.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Totally agree with you Nancy, we should all be able to follow the rules. Lori does a fantastic job!!
    I'm with Krystyna, sorry you are on the bench again. Happy Birthday in advance, hope you have a wonderful day!!

Got the first of my parcels - from Bilben in Canada! As you can see from the photo, I got wonderful fabric, FQs, Aurifil thread, stickers and most importantly - some beautiful cards. The cards are made at the copy shop she owns - aren't they fabulous? Thank you so much for the lovely parcel.

Name:  IMG_0650.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  1.81 MB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    There are alot of people who have not let me know that they have received their packages and alot who have not mailed!! Or have not told me that they have mailed. This makes me feel like the date to mail is a joke and people send out their package out when they feel like it. As far as thanking people, that only happens half the time. I feel that the secret pal swap is being run by the swappers and to heck with the rules. If you have not let me know if you have mailed or received please send me a pm. Thank you, Lori
    This should not be happening so often. It also seems like you end up with people being angels more often than not. Sounds like it is time to tighten the rules and kick those not participating correctly.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Lori sorry this keeps happening, Ok swapppers.... follow the rules.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Knittette, what gorgeous fabric. Bilben, what designers are they?
    Krystyna

Nancy bring chocolate for me as I am sitting right next to you on the bench. Postman came today and no package. Bummer! I've never had to be on the bench this is a new experience for me. Hmmmm
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Cathy and Nancy, I will keep you company even though I'm off the bench.

On another note, Lv2sew2011 has been in touch with me as has sikesjj who lives just outside the area. There is a thread under requests, but both of these ladies will be happy to give donations directly to those who need them. Trust me, I know what a lifesaver these were and I will forever be grateful to my friends on the QB. So, PM them directly.
    Krystyna

Kinette, i like the way you arranged everything; you've managed to make the small amount I sent look like a lot! Glad you liked everything. I had a lot of fun with it.
    Krystyna, the fabrics are from the Rowan Stash builder box, from Craftsy. The card designs are from royalty-free artwork from the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Got the first of my parcels - from Bilben in Canada! As you can see from the photo, I got wonderful fabric, FQs, Aurifil thread, stickers and most importantly - some beautiful cards. The cards are made at the copy shop she owns - aren't they fabulous? Thank you so much for the lovely parcel.

Name:  IMG_0650.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  1.81 MB

Blog Entries
    Is Robin okay? Lv2sew2011 and sikesjj...pm me address...I will donate. I grew up in Dallas...knew about "tornado alley" OMG...I would prefer to donate to you rather than on line...that way we know we can help.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I received a PM from Inspectorcmm that she had received my SP package and liked the contents. She has never posted on this thread, so I'm posting a pic of what I sent:
    Name:  Inspectorcmm package.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  194.9 KB
    She didn't really have any preferences, so I read her information, pulled items from my stash I thought she would like and made her a towel and stilletto.

Blog Entries
    Hi SP swap friends,

Just wanted to say how much I have missed not joining in the
    sp swap the last couple months. Hoping that I will be able to join
    in the June swap.

Also I am in HOPES that life will settle down some for me. It has
    been rough the past 2-1/2 weeks since my mom passed, not sure
    why but I have been having some really weird dreams about mom,
    when I have the dreams they end up waking me up and than I can't
    go back to sleep.

I have been trying to keep up with the what everyone is getting in
    their SP packages and loving it all.

Be good and hope to join you again for June.

Quilty-HUGS

Louise
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Lots of lovely pictures. I am still waiting on the bench. Maybe my package will come today.

And then there were two! This is my parcel from luvmyash - fabric, tape measure, ruler and my favourite of all - a McKenna Ryan pattern. I'm loving the fact that I'm slowly building enough of a selection of notions which allows me to keep a set in my class bag (although I've never actually been there yet and remembered everything - I'm living in hope!).

Name:  IMG_0652.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  1.62 MB

Quilty-Louise - so sorry to hear your sad news.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Okay, I have two on the bench. Please forgive me but you should have your packages by the end of the week. They have mailed. I so apologize. A followup package will be coming your way soon.

On another note, here are my 4 sons at my eldest's graduation from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Buisness. He finished in 4 years. I am one proud momma.
    Name:  IMG_1081.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  197.5 KBMy boys from left to right, Adam (15), Jacob (20), Joshua (21), and Austin (17)
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

Quilty-Louisa, my prayers go out to you. Love your avatar - and the fact that your mom will live with all of us through it. Take a day (or two) and let the grief wash through you and you'll be able to move forward after that. I sat with my Mother through her last days and tried to keep busy after she passed, but realized I needed that grief time to actually begin the healing process. {{{HUGS}}}
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Postman came today....nope still on the bench. Get I can gorge myself with the chocolate. Think I will grab a bottle of wine too and really have a good time here on the bench. lol

Had sad news this week, my really close friend died and he was way too young, just a few years on me so it has really hit home. Our goodbyes are Saturday and then it will really hit home. You never are prepared for these things I don't care how long you have been dealing with someone sick. Just way too hard.

I hope everyone is safe this week from the storms, we have some more heading this way. It is just unbelievable the devastation such a thing can do. Everyone is in our thoughts.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Quilty-Louise so sorry to hear about your Mom. My prayers go out to you and your family. We all also hope you can join us in June!

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Okay, I have two on the bench. Please forgive me but you should have your packages by the end of the week. They have mailed. I so apologize. A followup package will be coming your way soon.

On another note, here are my 4 sons at my eldest's graduation from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Buisness. He finished in 4 years. I am one proud momma.
    Name:  IMG_1081.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  197.5 KBMy boys from left to right, Adam (15), Jacob (20), Joshua (21), and Austin (17)
    You have a handsome bunch of boys there.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Thank you. They grew up so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    You have a handsome bunch of boys there.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ― Albert Einstein

I will sit on the bench with you guys. How about some Iced Tea?
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    Lori I understand how you feel and I think that maybe if you don't let the person play the following month and mean it maybe those people will understand.. Are they repeat offenders??? Just asking... I have run several of these when I was on another list and I had the people send the packages Priority and had them send the confirmation numbers. If they didn't send them they were out for the next month... I just don't want to see you quit doing this for us who play by the rules, yes a day late maybe two but not more then that... Is there any way I can help you??? God Bless Rosemary
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast