Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
Originally Posted by Corry
Originally Posted by seymoore
Some of us are bad swap partners, but it's not because we want to be! I too am late with my May partner, but have been communicating with her via PM. I promise to do better in the future!
At least you emailed her. I did not email my partners so i am the bad swap partner not you. To be truthful I did not want to talk to anyone. I will try and do better too.
So sorry for your lose,being so young makes it even harder to understand. I know how you feel,i will keep you in my prayers.
Corey,
I don't even know you and I just wanted to say I will be praying for you. If you need anything let me know.
Robert
Old 06-25-2011, 03:18 AM

Corry I am truly sorry for your loss and even writing that it was late.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 AM

Corry, we missed you.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Corry I am truly sorry for your loss and even writing that it was late.
Thank you Crafty, but I should have at least dropped you a note. And it is fine that you mentioned that it was late. It has been better really to start working on something, anything and get my mind off things.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Corry
Originally Posted by seymoore
Some of us are bad swap partners, but it's not because we want to be! I too am late with my May partner, but have been communicating with her via PM. I promise to do better in the future!
At least you emailed her. I did not email my partners so i am the bad swap partner not you. To be truthful I did not want to talk to anyone. I will try and do better too.
So sorry for your lose,being so young makes it even harder to understand. I know how you feel,i will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you for that understanding.... It makes us all feel bad when we lose anyone and when they are older it is expected...... but when it is a young girl and she was the same age as my twin daughters. It just is much harder to watch someone that young so sick and losing the battle with that disease. I had wanted to make her a lapquilt with horses on it. We had that in common over the years since we both had horses and rode but she was going so fast I knew I would not get it done. That made it even harder to think about sewing. Someday I am going to make a memory quilt for her Mom when it is not so fresh and painful. Then perhaps I won't feel so badly about the quilt Christi Lynn did not get. Alright.....I think I have gotten some of this off my chest and need to think about some cheery blocks or I am going to be depressed again for another month. I appreciate the prayers but her Mom and Dad really need them, they are taking this very hard. As for me....back to sewing. I have an embroidery design that says Sewing is the best therapy and it's the TRUTH.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 AM

God Bless,yes keep yourself busy. I will pray for her family,no one knows how you feel unless you have lost a child,it takes time to live your life in a normal way,but you are never the same,time is the healer. You go from crying everyday because your in so much pain,then you cry when someone says her name,someday you'll cry because you'll think of something she said or did and you will be happy,time is funny it is the healer.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:09 AM

God Bless,yes keep yourself busy. I will pray for her family,no one knows how you feel unless you have lost a child,it takes time to live your life in a normal way,but you are never the same,time is the healer. You go from crying everyday because your in so much pain,then you cry when someone says her name,someday you'll cry because you'll think of something she said or did and you will be happy,time is funny it is the healer.
Ditto. Losing my daughter was and still is the hardest thing. You can't even imagine the depth of pain and loss. And yes, you are forever changed.
Tommie
Old 06-25-2011, 02:48 PM

I wanted to share a funny story. I was sewing Roberts extra swap block and I had to get something in the kitchen so I goin the kitchen and I hear my machine going I go in my sewing room and my Pom is sewing the block for me.needless to say I had to take the stitches out he really wanted to help.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Ditto. Losing my daughter was and still is the hardest thing. You can't even imagine the depth of pain and loss. And yes, you are forever changed.
Tommie
Another "ditto". Losing my son was the most difficult time of my life. The depth of the pain was almost unbearable. The pain never entirely goes away but, over time, it does lessen. My prayers go out to her parents and family as you all go through this difficult time. {{{ HUGS }}}
Old 06-25-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
I wanted to share a funny story. I was sewing Roberts extra swap block and I had to get something in the kitchen so I goin the kitchen and I hear my machine going I go in my sewing room and my Pom is sewing the block for me.needless to say I had to take the stitches out he really wanted to help.
LOL - now wouldn't that make a funny video.