Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 70 of 477 FirstFirst ... 20 60 69 70 71 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    mcb1180 that block looks perfect to me! Love the color choices too.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    mcb1180 that block looks perfect to me! Love the color choices too.
    agree completely. also, notice it is nice and square. great job. keep it up.

Great job on your block. I have used that design before, fun one to do.

Quote Originally Posted by zquilter
    I got a beautiful block from Abonda. I will post a picture later this evening. Thank You Abonda
    your welcome

MCB1180,

I just love that block! I am not a big fan of the color blue but I absolutely love that block! You did a wonderful job on it!! WTG!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by mcb1180
    Afternoon all,

This is the first time I've participated in block swap here...or anywhere for that matter.

So with out further delay...
    I think you did great and look! your points line up. I didn't get that down until...oh wait. I still haven't quite gotten it down.

*sniffles*

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. It means a lot. I've been quilting for myself and friends for about (very, very, very part-time) for about 5 years and I never thought I'd ever make a block where my points met up properly (and certainly not without ripping out the stitches a million times), so I'm very proud of myself for only missing 1 this time - even though I'm the only one who can see it, which is even better :-)

Oh, I can't wait!!! I am worse than a child. This is my first bom club too. I love it. I live alone am at this time snowed in, and wiil just have to make do quilting all day! boo hoo. I am fortunate enough to have a longarm machine. Have some of my Christmas piled in the room to quilt. This will work out well for me. Happy quilting--oh yes, the dark material in your block is vintage so if you need what's left, just a little, will be glad to send.

belle,
    You are by no means worse than a child. DH and I had to stop our youngest from actually OPENING the presents under the tree no less than eight times this weekend alone. (He's 5) That said, isn't the mailman supposed work in rain, sleet, snow, etc? Mehbe you'll get surprises today. It is the season for odd packages to show up with little to no warning, after all. (Sorry, just got through with the nightmare that is the post office at Christmastime. Never buying my sister cordial cherries again...they almost didn't have a box that would fit them!)

to paintmejudy and dotcomdtcm: finally got the swap blocks in the mail today. only a week late, i am sorry to say. this last week was very busy and between being pulled here and there, and my usual crs, i did not get your blocks in the mail. however, they are now winging their way to you both.

welcome toriabelle. i just joined this month, too. it is great fun. there are days i wish to be snowed in so i could not go anywhere. of course, then i would wish the snow to go away so i could go out. snicker. enjoy the snow and the time.

last weekend my friend talked me into an estate sale. ended up buying a great dresser for storage, but also got some super light green and gorgeous dark green velvets. then two days later she took me to another sale with oodles of fabric (selling mom and grandma's stash). we paid $40 and walked away with one yard size bag and 7 or 8 smaller bags of fabric and unfinished projects. they made vests and quilts. our other friend got a beautiful, reversible halloween vest for $5. great find.

now, if i don't get busy........!! some day my family will be able to sell this stuff at an estate sale and it will be vintage. lol

So glad they finally arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcakm
    to paintmejudy and dotcomdtcm: finally got the swap blocks in the mail today. only a week late, i am sorry to say. this last week was very busy and between being pulled here and there, and my usual crs, i did not get your blocks in the mail. however, they are now winging their way to you both.

welcome toriabelle. i just joined this month, too. it is great fun. there are days i wish to be snowed in so i could not go anywhere. of course, then i would wish the snow to go away so i could go out. snicker. enjoy the snow and the time.

last weekend my friend talked me into an estate sale. ended up buying a great dresser for storage, but also got some super light green and gorgeous dark green velvets. then two days later she took me to another sale with oodles of fabric (selling mom and grandma's stash). we paid $40 and walked away with one yard size bag and 7 or 8 smaller bags of fabric and unfinished projects. they made vests and quilts. our other friend got a beautiful, reversible halloween vest for $5. great find.

now, if i don't get busy........!! some day my family will be able to sell this stuff at an estate sale and it will be vintage. lol

Happy Holidays quilters
    Thank you paintmejudy. Guess what was in my mailbox? A very very cute Christmas bear block. I love it the bear is wearing a red stocking cap with a big green bow. Here is a picture of my santa bear. The picture posted after Blinky's picture.

Here is a pic of the block I received from SuzanneTX! I love it! She did a great job! Thanks SuzanneTX for a great looking block! This is my first month with the group and loving it already! Merry Christmas!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Christmas bear from Paintmejudy

I'll being mailing your block in the next day or two.
    Name:  Attachment-142901.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  59.4 KB

oh how adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy, take a bow!!

Dogsgod asked me to post a photo of the blocks I sent her. She was my assigned partner for December. She wanted beach themed blocks, but I couldn't find much beachy stuff in December. So she said anything in the pale blue/tan/pinks would work also.

Great Job!!! Pretty blue!

Here is my December block, plus some gaming fabric from Purmela in Las Vegas.

Isn't my new block beautiful!!! :lol:

Thank you!!! :D

Nice blocks I love all your blue and white blocks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecomforts
    What a sweet looking bear... makes me want to pick it up and hug it, to see how soft it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina

I certainly like it.

Quote Originally Posted by simplecomforts
    Beary cute, judy!

PaintmeJudy,

The blocks got here today!!! :) I will post the pictures tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know that they arrived and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!! They are wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina

Would love the pattern for this block!! Very pretty.

Page 70 of 477 FirstFirst ... 20 60 69 70 71 80 120 170 ... LastLast