Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by abonda
Thank you so much Judy for the beautiful blocks for my extra sept swap!!! I love love them..
Very pretty, what size blocks are those? Are you making a new quilt with those? I can't keep up with you, you have done so many different colors.
Donna
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Well, HELLO DOLLY!! your looking great DOLLY!!
Lucky you Robert, sweet sewing on that beauty. I can't wait to see what your next block will be. Beautiful I'm sure.
Jigs

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Her name is dolly as in "Hello Dolly". I am as we speak that I am stitching my first design. It's a tryout for Judys last border on her round robin.
It is awesome.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM

Robert, I thought you were singing the Pointer Sisters, not the Hello Dolly theme song.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 AM

All I can say is you make me laugh. I have another santa in the works. Just have to finish up Miss Judys round robin border and it is going to be Awesome.
Cooling down?
R
Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
Very impressive - you won't sleep for days. BUUHAAAAA
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Robert, I thought you were singing the Pointer Sisters, not the Hello Dolly theme song.
Perhaps - " Dolly on Point ? "
Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 AM

Hello Dolly, Well Hello Dolly, it's so nice to have right where you belong....."
It's overwhelming right now, but I will settle in and get to know her abit and then Ooh La La....
Come on over, bentley the dog is sleeping and Angus and Fredrick ( persian cats) are chasing each other around the house, Cathy will be back soon and then off to chemo we go. So we'll be back about 3pm, and come on over and party, (bring some of that Swiss chocolate, or a pastry or two....LOL
You're the best
R
Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Oh Robert Dolly is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! Look how long that sewing bed is!!!!!! Look how big the screen is! Whooooza!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh I want to come over and play at your house! LOL Thats better than Swiss Chocolate! Do you know all what you can do on that machine? LOTS,Lots, Lots, Lots!!!!!! LOL
You can do burn out, & rauching, & embroider on both sides of the fabric & add texture to your embrodery with ribbons & yarns! Ohhhhhhhh lucky you I am so envious! LOL Ohhhhhhh I wanna come play at your house today! LOL

Robert you are going to enjoy Dolly, I am so happy for you!!!!Can't wait to see your future creations!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM

You so funny, lucky lady.
Love them both....Pointers for their gospel style 3 part harmony and the romantic lyrical voice of "Babs" in Hello Dolly.
One really quick funny story. For my 40th Birthday Cathy took me to the Paramount Theather in Seattle and saw Hello Dolly with the last road show with Carol Channing, the original Dolly. All she had to do was to walk on stage and she got a standing ovation. but needless to say she always had 2 men on each side of her and she slurred her words so much, you could hardly understand her. But it was a once in a life time to see her in that role. I have seen the show so many times, I new all the lines and songs. We were in the first mezzanine and no one sitting in front of us when it started and about 5 minutes in 3 oriental older ladies came in and sat down. Well I guess they didn't like me lightly singing along with the show and one of them turned around and said " you going to sing for whole show?" "Den we going to move" they got up and went down to some open seats by the rail. I could'nt sotp laughing. My Mom would have been mortified, but I sure had a good time.
LOL
R
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 AM

Oh yeah, that would be me also. You can't take me to a Star Wars or any Harrison Ford show without me and my daughter reciting the lines to the movies. Sounds like it was a wonderful time. What an honor you had. I would have loved to have seen them move.

Then the machine's name was an honor to be named "Dolly". She will be just as awesome as the character was/is and will push thru on those complicated designs just for you.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Robert that is a wonderful machine,Dolly you are at a great home and will be treated like a queen!!!! You so deserve it Robert. Have fun!!! Now you will never sleep!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM

OOOHHHH AHHHH I love them - you outdid yourself, again. OH, I got the lost blocks today (guess I shd say that.lolo) They are just beautiful... love them..

Thanks so much, Hugs
Jean