Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 AM

I had saddle shoes, and a poodle skirt - but it was the 80's not the 50's -- never could find a petty coat :(
Old 09-14-2011, 12:23 PM

You are awesome. That is great. I am a fifties kid and remember the end of the fifties, we lived in Georgia for a couple years on a navy base. I remember the lunch counter at Woolworths and the ladies wore white dresses with checkered (red and White hats) Thats about all I remember except for the MUSIC.....
R
Originally Posted by fromzstore
anyone remember the 50's i am in another swap theme red white and black so here is the wallhanging i sent to my partner does it bring back any memories we are headed this weekend to va beach to my husbands 50 th class reunion so this is why i though of this particular theme
Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 PM

I bet you had a pair of saddle shoes with stilleto hills....LOL
R
I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for my new machine so I can get started sewing again. Or, should I say Embroiderying....I have my bernina to piece with.
R
Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
I remember my sister wearing saddle shoes, she just had to have them, she talked my Mom to finaly letting her get a pair and when she went to the local shoe store the only size they had left was a womens 10, my sister bought them & stuffed the toes with a rolled sock just so she could say she had saddle shoes! LOL
anyone remember the 50's i am in another swap theme red white and black so here is the wallhanging i sent to my partner does it bring back any memories we are headed this weekend to va beach to my husbands 50 th class reunion so this is why i though of this particular theme
Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM

I got the most beautiful fans today with amazing crocheted lace from the Diva in NYC. Dotty. THANK YOU they were perfect. AND, i got my round robin back and I can't tell you how I felt when I unfolded it. You will never know how stunning it is until you see it in person. I LOVE YOUR BORDER Dot.
Picking up your machine on thursday and will get it in the to the Post and Pack store.
Thanks for everything.
R
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM

lol stilleto saddle shoes! LOL maybe saddle shoe botties I wasn't born till 59! LOL
My era was more, penny loafers, ring purses, fish nets, hip huggers, bell bottoms, I did have one of the first mini skirts my Mom had gone to England & bought me & my sister back mini skirts we were the first in our town to wear them, then within a month everyone had them! lol

Robert I bet you cant wait till you get your new machine! I checked it out how awesome got lots of bells & whistles.
Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I bet you had a pair of saddle shoes with stilleto hills....LOL
R
I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for my new machine so I can get started sewing again. Or, should I say Embroiderying....I have my bernina to piece with.
R
Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
I remember my sister wearing saddle shoes, she just had to have them, she talked my Mom to finaly letting her get a pair and when she went to the local shoe store the only size they had left was a womens 10, my sister bought them & stuffed the toes with a rolled sock just so she could say she had saddle shoes! LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM

It's here, It's here. Now for the next hour I will have to move my stuff off of the sewing table and get it all arranged. I will take a picture when I have it set up.
Judy, your center is first on the list and I'm telling you it is going to exquisite it. I have it all set up to start.
R
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM

You are to funny Robert.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM

To put it in the language of the Pointer Sisters,
"I'm so excited, that I can't hide it, makes me want to lose control but I think I like it......." Yahooo.
Woow.

the crazy Parisian quilter.......
R
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
You are to funny Robert.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM

So what are you doing on the board and not getting it set up? You keep singing those sisters while stitching out the design.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Congrat on the machine arriving. Hope you are having fun with it.. Love all the blocks that were posted.
I had saddle shoes in the sixth grade. That was in the 70's. Wasn't born until 1957 so don't remember the 50's except what my parents told me.