Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 AM

I lost a great deal of info when we switched to the new system. If I O U a block, please let me know. If you owe me one, skip it. I am done with everything except the new Austen theme. Looking forward to more swapping in the new year.
LOL from NYC! Dotty
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Hey Diva,

We got to get our machine going again, the Swappers machine. After the first of the year lets get them hungry for swapping again. I use to get envelopes almost everyday, now If I get two a month........I know wah wah wah....
Love you
R
Old 12-15-2011, 11:14 AM

I hear you Robert. I still have not heard from my December partner. She may have given up, not sure. Rettie V Gram I think she would be on the go. She may be busy with Christmas. I know that I better get the two quilts for Christmas done this weekend so can mail them. I still have most of my shopping to do. I have ideas of what to get, but still have to fight the traffic and malls. I have all my guild member's gifts ready. Husband is doing well after surgery on Tuesday. They pulled out a 4" sliver of calcium deposit from his achilles tendon and fused the ankle joint. He is in pain, but holding on. The hospital stay was something else. Not something I want to continue to do in life. I would rather stay home anyday even if I have to pay a nurse to come in than stay there. Our RN was really good, he was on top of things then he had to leave, the other nurse did not even see him but once while I was there then I took a nap at 2 am till 6:00 am and they never even checked in on him. You definitely do not sleep in a hospital. The CNA was seen twice in the 23 hours we were there. Those RNs are worked hard thought CNAs were to help out more.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM

Hey momma,
what theme are you doing still batik stars or?. let me know, no one in my quilting family will ever bee forgotten if I know about it. Let me and I'll see that I get something to you.
R
good news about you hubby! How is the new longarm working......
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I hear you Robert. I still have not heard from my December partner. She may have given up, not sure. Rettie V Gram I think she would be on the go. She may be busy with Christmas. I know that I better get the two quilts for Christmas done this weekend so can mail them. I still have most of my shopping to do. I have ideas of what to get, but still have to fight the traffic and malls. I have all my guild member's gifts ready. Husband is doing well after surgery on Tuesday. They pulled out a 4" sliver of calcium deposit from his achilles tendon and fused the ankle joint. He is in pain, but holding on. The hospital stay was something else. Not something I want to continue to do in life. I would rather stay home anyday even if I have to pay a nurse to come in than stay there. Our RN was really good, he was on top of things then he had to leave, the other nurse did not even see him but once while I was there then I took a nap at 2 am till 6:00 am and they never even checked in on him. You definitely do not sleep in a hospital. The CNA was seen twice in the 23 hours we were there. Those RNs are worked hard thought CNAs were to help out more.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Lindyline still havent gotten my block, dont know if you sent it and it got lost,i remember you saying you were sending it,just wondering if everything is ok?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Aren't you just so sweet Robert. No worries for this month on a block exchange though. Thinking positive, I do not need to do another block this month right now. I am working on finishing a couple other quilts for Christmas so no worries here. Thanks for the offer. The longarm is wonderful. Once in awhile I miss my Nolting, but the Gammill is pretty nice as is. One time missed the length of the table and when i have to change a bobbin, miss the ease in how the Nolting lets you change bobbin in middle of quilt. Had fun making a Giant Dresdan Plate, by Laura Heine, quilt for a class teaching in January and played with the Workstation Design Center making spirographs. It was very enjoyable. Did some circular feathers in the perfect wreath form and turned out nice. Have to work the tension a bit more and will be prime. Have a block swap quilt on it right now to aid in learning to go around embelished blocks. I usually wait till quilt done to embelish, but not everyone has difficulties with the embelishments so trying to learn. Love your embroideries. They are really nice. I have my teddy bear hanging on my wall in the garage to enjoy. When I have time will add a border, quilt it, and then frame it for my enjoyment. Hope wife doing well. Many blessings for you and yours this Christmas.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:47 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful comments about my little bundle of joy. He is just precious. Robert, things in Illinois are pretty good. We had some rain the last couple of days. Doesn't look like a White Christmas as of right now. Hope you and are both doing well.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:17 PM

OK Mamma, I didn't expect for you to send me one. I just wanted to make you something for Dec. so now I get to pick.....ha ha ha.....LOL
R
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Aren't you just so sweet Robert. No worries for this month on a block exchange though. Thinking positive, I do not need to do another block this month right now. I am working on finishing a couple other quilts for Christmas so no worries here. Thanks for the offer. The longarm is wonderful. Once in awhile I miss my Nolting, but the Gammill is pretty nice as is. One time missed the length of the table and when i have to change a bobbin, miss the ease in how the Nolting lets you change bobbin in middle of quilt. Had fun making a Giant Dresdan Plate, by Laura Heine, quilt for a class teaching in January and played with the Workstation Design Center making spirographs. It was very enjoyable. Did some circular feathers in the perfect wreath form and turned out nice. Have to work the tension a bit more and will be prime. Have a block swap quilt on it right now to aid in learning to go around embelished blocks. I usually wait till quilt done to embelish, but not everyone has difficulties with the embelishments so trying to learn. Love your embroideries. They are really nice. I have my teddy bear hanging on my wall in the garage to enjoy. When I have time will add a border, quilt it, and then frame it for my enjoyment. Hope wife doing well. Many blessings for you and yours this Christmas.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM

That's good to hear. Stay warm and cozy with that little bundle of Joy.
Cathy and I are doing good and will have Christmas with our family. Grandkids are already trying to peek under the tree.......Not like I did that when I was their age. LOL
All the best
R
Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
Thank you all for the wonderful commill have ents about my little bundle of joy. He is just precious. Robert, things in Illinois are pretty good. We had some rain the last couple of days. Doesn't look like a White Christmas as of right now. Hope you and are both doing well.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
cjr

Robert,
orchids are breath taking. Your new toy is a marvelous machine. I am an orchid lover - those are the best. I'm sure even on a machine they take as lot of time.