Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 02-14-2014, 04:22 AM

oh gosh yes on the hair thing. My hair dresser once convinced me no way did I look good in blonde hair. I was born blonde got more mousy blonde as years went and so went in for highlights and such. So I thought oh no ok what color would I look good in? she colored it this dark red OMG made me look like I had jaundice. Top that with a PERM and well.. I was so glad to go back to blonde four months later. It was an eternity of being a red head for me lol .. never again. Then one day after I came home from the hospital a friend of mine wanting to cheer me up colored my hair. Not realizing that radiation can do interesting things to ones hair besides make it fall out.. it had come in so I had short chia pet hair. She colors me blonde. I end up CRAYOLA yellow. OMG once again lets fix that.. CRAYOLA RED. I now have lovely mousey blonde hair with tons of gray. Love to color it not sure its worth the trauma however

I am ready to sew! its so early think my dh would ring my neck on his day off if he awoke to the brrrrrr of the sewing machine. so here... I sit.. COFFEE anyone? nice strong pot of rich black starbucks waiting for service!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM

you are too funny Brat!
I've had gray hair since I was 16. My old neighbor from years past kept bugging me to color it, the gray never bothered me. I finally caved and it was the worst thing I have ever done. It was a nightmare getting it to grow out and having it look decent along the way! Never again! I love my shiny gray hair
Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
oh gosh yes on the hair thing. My hair dresser once convinced me no way did I look good in blonde hair. I was born blonde got more mousy blonde as years went and so went in for highlights and such. So I thought oh no ok what color would I look good in? she colored it this dark red OMG made me look like I had jaundice. Top that with a PERM and well.. I was so glad to go back to blonde four months later. It was an eternity of being a red head for me lol .. never again. Then one day after I came home from the hospital a friend of mine wanting to cheer me up colored my hair. Not realizing that radiation can do interesting things to ones hair besides make it fall out.. it had come in so I had short chia pet hair. She colors me blonde. I end up CRAYOLA yellow. OMG once again lets fix that.. CRAYOLA RED. I now have lovely mousey blonde hair with tons of gray. Love to color it not sure its worth the trauma however

I am ready to sew! its so early think my dh would ring my neck on his day off if he awoke to the brrrrrr of the sewing machine. so here... I sit.. COFFEE anyone? nice strong pot of rich black starbucks waiting for service!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

I have a beautiful quilt block from quiltingeileen that I will post a pic of later today, because we have to leave somewhere for a short time. My beautiful block did not get lost in mail as I thought, but lost in our stack of bills. Thank you so much eileen for a beautiful block that will be a wonderful part of my quilt. I am doing a very happy dance today. Have a great weekend and a safe one everyone.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Here's my lovely depression block from ssnare for February.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462318[/ATTACH]
Thanks so very much for swapping with me! My block to you should be in the mail next week. I'll pm you when I ship.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-ssnare.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Received Feb Blocks!

I just received my Feb Blocks from Sauki1...we exchanged two...they are both great! Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails 100_3586-450x223-.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Here is my January block from quiltingeileen. It's so pretty. Thank you again Eileen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462353[/ATTACH]

The dark squares on my screen appear blue, but they are the deepest prettiest shade of purple.
Attached Thumbnails 100_1784-small-.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Happy Valentines Day to me, came home from work to a great block from juanita. Thanks Juanita will send picture tomorrow

Terriamn
Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 PM

Glad you got
Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM

had fun swapping with Coconuts this month...we both liked florals and soft colors and each made two!
Here are the lovely ones she sent me:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462464[/ATTACH]
and these are the ones I sent her-
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462465[/ATTACH]
and this is what I have so far for my 'pastel old fashion' quilt...need a couple more!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462466[/ATTACH]
the end for today..happy piecing!
Attached Thumbnails coconuts.jpg   coconuts3.jpg   pastels.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
Good Morning Family,

I am todate with my swappers. Sent blocks for january and have Scrappers done and ready to mail.
Yahoo......
Roberto

Hello to my east coast friends and my friends in OKLAHOMA......miss you all.
Hello dear friend.........finally receiving the blessed sunshine and can actually enjoy going outside...yay!!! It was pretty dismal as far as weather wise, but joyous with my work friends and of course new quilting friends!
Look in the mail for a little treat coming to you and your sweet Cathy in the mail. It is a combination of down home Oklahoma and the classy Napa! CA.

Working on organizing my very tiny quilting room....sigh.....but my sweet cowboy is making the most out of our little house. Loving it up here....open spaces....all the critters......but missing my grand babies.
Congrats on the Seahawks, but gotta tell ya! I wanted my NINERS in there....lol!!!!
Love and hugs to you dear friend!!! Maybe we can do a side swap once I get organized......
Give Cathy a hug for me.......