Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

oh yes sounds like she is a great dane? I love doggies share a pic.. I tried to take tlambings dog from her but she wont have it.. so we feed snacks to the lady at the end of the courts dogs. They all come running over here two or three times a day fast as those little yorkie mix legs will carry them .. and stand waiting at the door. Sometimes I open the door and its oh yeck why didn't you tell me you were there? they just stand there and stare at the door too funny. so its pupperoni treats and boy do they like those. She says they wont even eat my treats I use to bribe them with so she has resorted to the dog hot dogs you can buy fresh at the special pet stores. Least she doesn't mind. I love the dogs yet cant have any. So she shares

I am not worried my partner wrote once in the beginning but didn't share her mail to. Its not a worry for me honest oksewnsew and you can NOT be responsible to be everyone's angels here. Things happens, sometimes people don't send it is not the end of the world for any of us. I don't care for it and yes there are to be consequences ie bad feedback but you cant be the only one covering for the whole group. You do a big enough job girl!!! oksewnsew I hope you hear me!!!!! la la la no that isn't going to work.. no la la la I can't hear you stuff. its me! the BRAT. I am th e only one who can do that and get away with it.

btw the pink and white block shown I have not seen that one either! and I see lots of blocks here.. where is everyone finding their patterns?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I sent a pm to my partner just the other day to let her know that I was delayed a bit in getting her block done. But, that I would have it out to her on time. I have finished her block today and will have it out to her on Friday. I had a hard time finding a fabric I liked in her color pallet. But, I finally found 1 and it mixed nicely with the other 1 I had at home. So, I was able to finish it up with time to spare.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I'm glad to see everyone getting their blocks completed and sent.. This is a great group, keep up the great work..

Jean

Blog Entries
    My special partner jem contacted me, and she has my block ready. It will be on its way soon, and I am excited, because I know it will be so perfect. Perfect is knowing someone took the time to make something for someone else.
    Have a great week everyone.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

ALICIA H. - your block has a scheduled delivery date: Saturday, 16 Nov 13. Hope you like it. . . GP ! ! !
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

I received my blocks from Roberto....Thanks they're lovely! I haven't had a chance to take a picture of them yet. I decided on my last day off to go down to see Obie the 77 lbs. dachshund. He has lost 50# in the last year and he was adorable. His page on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/BiggestLoserDoxieEdition . I have a soft spot for doxies as I have one named String Bean. He's my baby. Brat wanted puppy pics, so here's mine.
    Name:  7250198.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  100.5 KB

oh my! is your puppy wearing a Hawaiian shirt???? how funny!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Sauki1, I'm jealous, Roberto was my partner last month and he is one of the kindest, nicest and talentedest (I think I invented a new word) people I have had the pleasure of meeting in ciber space. Lucky you. And love your little guy, you can tell he's from California where they set the trendy styles, he is stylin'!

I started my partners block yesterday, she wants a string block made with floral fabrics. I discovered I don't have a lot of floral fabrics but mustered up enough to get started. This is a first for me so I hope I do a good job for her. Anybody have any suggestions for making it perfect?

I should be able to start on my partner's block this weekend. I will also start on the side swap blocks. The first part of the month is always hectic at work so I had pre-warned them it would be later in the month. Just wanted to give them an up date .
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Blog Entries
    I sent my partner a PM yesterday letting her know that I haven't forgotton her. I have been very sick and now starting to get over "it", what ever "it" was. I think I will cut her block out today and sew it tomorrow. I have to have my hands busy, sick or not, so I have been either knitting or crocheting. Right now I am working on a rectangle grannie out of my leftover yarns. It's simple, I don't have to read a pattern or even think about what I am doing, I can stop in the middle and not lose my place cause there is no place to lose..... what more can a person ask for?
    Have a great day everybody!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Oh my I am in trouble! I can't remember if I sent my Nov partner their block! It's been such a wild month for me!

Ladyredhawks, have you received your block? Lol

Hugs,
    Betty

received my block from Mandalynn today and it is sew pretty. I am doing pastel/old fashion blocks for my theme and I love this block. The name of the block is Nell's Star....really pretty....thanks Mandalynn
    Name:  Mandalynn.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  113.3 KB

Oh my, that is gorgeous, and I'm betting, paper pieced.. Great job.

cjr
    likethedod,
    One of your blocks is finished. The second I have reworked several times, put it aside for a couple of days to do less "challenging" blocks.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Hope to get mine started by next week. Been battling bronchitis and do not fell like doing anything.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Brat,

Thank you. That was his Magnum P.I. imitation at the costume party at our local weiner races. He is definitely a momma's boy. I just love him to death. I also have a 1 yr old Pug. This is Zoe and Bean in our Christmas card photo

Name:  bean and zoe1a.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  124.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh my! is your puppy wearing a Hawaiian shirt???? how funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    received my block from Mandalynn today and it is sew pretty. I am doing pastel/old fashion blocks for my theme and I love this block. The name of the block is Nell's Star....really pretty....thanks Mandalynn
    Name:  Mandalynn.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  113.3 KB
    I'm so happy that you like it. I fell in love with it and was like this is the next block I make.

Oksewnsew it was paper pieced. I found the pattern on pinterest. I'll post the link tomorrow

You're ahead of me, cjr! But one block is PARTLY finished, the other just a figment of my imagination thus far. Hopefully I'll complete both this weekend-- if I can tear myself away from looking at Sauki1's CUTE doggies, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    likethedod,
    One of your blocks is finished. The second I have reworked several times, put it aside for a couple of days to do less "challenging" blocks.

Hehehe thanks...I'm sorta partial

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, there I was scrolling down seeing if I seen anymore blocks, and there is those two dressed up cuties. What a cute pic of them. Just adorable. Me and my husband are animal lovers.

Difergie that block is really pretty. Very nice.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

OH MY GOSH, Sauki - how precious are those babies. ;o)

I see two very patient well behaved dogs who allow you to not only put them in goofy clothing BUT to sit for their picture.. what did we miss? are you holding a hot dog up in the air for them to sit and wait for? lol super cute. Thank you! I am pondering next years theme.. I am thinking pastel cottage style (ie whites and pale small floral prints) or should I go 30's fabric and white? I don't even own any of that yet they .. talk to me when I see them done. Not so much when I look at the fabric does that make sense.. how can you like but not like something?? I am nuts I Know it. go ahead say it.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
    Brat,

Thank you. That was his Magnum P.I. imitation at the costume party at our local weiner races. He is definitely a momma's boy. I just love him to death. I also have a 1 yr old Pug. This is Zoe and Bean in our Christmas card photo

Name:  bean and zoe1a.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  124.2 KB
    Your dogs are beautiful! I wish I could get my Boston's to pose like that. You should be very proud,
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Awww,thank you. It was a good photographer with a good squeaky ball and a quick trigger finger

Blog Entries
    Sauki1, your dogs are adorable!! I have 3 dogs, and there is no way I could ever get a photo like that. Super adorable!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast