Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Blog Entries
    WOW.....what a gorgeous block......nice work!! And you created the design too??? Nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
    Hey CJR,
    Here is the first of two. I think you will know why I did this block.....history.
    It was a compliation of multiple designs. Had a little trouble with the sign, but it turned out OK.
    Starting the second one today.
    Here is a pic.
    R
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scrapper. I love your avatar. I have made 2 small ones. Plan to make 16" ones for my family, about 7. It is sooo easy PP..
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 3 cats, Callie, Buddy & Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Name:  10036_768631356484366_1557525207_n.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  115.4 KB

here I hope are the two blocks I received, the top drunkards path came from katskidin. I love it! snowflakes will fit perfectly with my other blocks! and the second made its way slowly by row boat lol from NBoyd in Australia. Its a wonderful sparkling green Christmas tree. I am finding all the blocks I am receiving will work great together. Great job ladies!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Great blocks. Glad to see everyone is making contact and doing blocks. Really wish ALL participants would post a little something off and on, to let us know what's going on.. Love to see what everyone is making.

Happy Sewing
    Jean

You should be getting a little something, something soon.
    let me know when you get it.
    R
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Name:  IMG_20140108_110817587.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  127.2 KBThese are the blocks I sent Coconuts for the January swap. She said she was unable to post. Having a little problem with Windows 8, I think some of us can relate

Oohh.. love those blocks, Sauki. What a cheerful blue!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Thanks, I like that blue too

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    Oohh.. love those blocks, Sauki. What a cheerful blue!

Oh yeh! Windows 8 is a whole new learning experience! and I've worked with computers and changes for many years, and this one is pushing my buttons!! Seems something new to learn everyday!!!..OH well, we shall prevail..

WHAT?? something for moi`, hmmmm I'm waiting with bated breath.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful blocks. My quilt block will go out tomorrow to my special partner quiltingeileen. We had a lot of rain the other day, and it made it hard to get back up our drive way. So it should be cold enough again that I can get it out tomorrow to my special partner for January. I think the block I made turned out pretty. I love seeing all these other beautiful blocks.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Beautiful blocks!

Hi everyone I been absent since mid-Dec. The hard drive on my computer started to act up. I took it in and what was going to be a ten day repair turned into a month with out my computer. I got to tell you I think I was climbing the walls without it.

Blog Entries
    Well, I did get sent out today my block to quiltingeileen. Mission Accomplished. lol..
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I mailed my block yesterday.

I can't wait to start on yours french-fry I have kids still here they leave tomorrow promise to get it done! I have yet to pick out a block lol but somehow that seems to take more time than making them doesn't it.. I want this one and that one.. I go to pinterest then search for quilterscache blocks. You get pics first then you can decide to go to the site and find instructions. I go on quilterscache and it seems like I open each and every one over and over to see if its what I want. rather have pics first easier to decide
    Linda

No hurry, Brat. Do let me know when you get yours, please. The post office has been particularly unkind to my mail lately.

Enjoy the kids and let sewing time come after they leave. I also go to pinterest to search for Quilter's Cache blocks! A QB board member took the time to put all the 12 in blocks on one board, so I follow that board. It's easy access and I love seeing the pictures!

Here's the link. There are some from both Delaware Quilts and QC. I found that no matter what I do, my Delaware Quilt blocks always measure short, so I've been sticking only with QC.

http://www.pinterest.com/themilocat/...-quilt-blocks/
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Ljdugas and Dfelker your blocks went in the mail today. Hope you like them. Glad we got to swap. Let me know when you receive them..

Jean

Ok here goes I believe that I owe my Dec partner the person I made the Flower basket for. I found the blocks. So no they did not get mailed like I said. I will get them in the mail right away. This I guess is what happens when you become old. I really am sorry about this.

that was nice of you to post that wanabe and I am sure they will be loved when received. better late than never and if you think most of us here have no lost or forgotten things your a goof! we all blow it occasionally and therefore we forgive easily. can't wait to see your blocks!
    Linda

Thanks Brat, couldn't have said it better meself.. To help me not forget what I've made for someone, I put it with an envelope and put it close to my computer - I know I'll see it then. It's easy to pick up fabric and lay it over a block or something you're working on and oops, it's outa sight, outa mind..and, it doesn't necessarily have to do with AGE! hahaha Thanks for letting us know, wanab..

I hope everyone is working on their blocks and have made contact with their partners. I notice some never post, sure would like to hear from you, if nothing more than to say 'I is ok'..

Happy Sewing
    Jean

I is OK! This morning, one more try at the butterfly....

cjr
    I'm in the middle of partially reorganizing my sewing room. blocks are made, I wil lget to mailing beginning of next week. i've removed a bulky office desk that was a space waster. In its place repurposed shelving unit from garage,previously from my former business. and a small vintage secretary desk. Yesterday was clean & rearrange fixture day. Lots of bending, lifting & pushing. Today I hope to organize sewing projects on shelf and put desk in working order.

I have been mauling this in my mind for a couple of months. Last week I aquired some organizing boxes & bins, color coordinated to make my space mine..on sale

We had an electrical problem in there a couple of weeks ago. So things were tore up so electrician could get in. Perfect time to get this done.

i Have not forgotten my swap partners.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

I have this vision. I would love to sort my folded fabrics by color. did it with the little pieces now to get those two shelves in order... but I could be sewing!! hence why its only sorta color sorted. I need to take two hours and just do it. ugh.. but oh how lovely when its done right? OK FINE TOMORROW. (or the next)
    Linda

Blocks are ready to go tomorrow.

I'll be setting my butterfly free tomorrow!

Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast