Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
    I love that pink and burgundy star! I have been catching up with everyone's chatting and enjoying the blocks. I am working on a quilt for a new grandson who will be here in January. If it turns out as cute as I think I will post a picture. I should have ample time to sew, DH left this morning to visit his daughter and grandsons for 3 weeks in Oregon. So I get to do what I want, except when the puppies demand we go out to play! I am looking forward to the next block swap and anxious to see what my partner wants to receive.
    I also love the burgany block! Does anyone know the name of it? I would love to make it. All the blocks showing up are so beautiful I am so glad I joined this swap.
    Phyllis
    sunrise450
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

oksewnsew did you take pics of my two blocks? and that adorable tea pot ornament? if so can you post them otherwise I have to go to facebook post them there then they can be copied and put on here? my stupid computer will not allow me to do them the easy way anymore. anyone with windows8 who knows how to solve this let me know as I cant figure it out at all.. it lets me pic pictures.. but it just sits here doing nothing no uploading at all. argh pirates!

I received this amazingly big gift certificate for fabric yesterday. I went to the store was so shocked at the value of the certificate that I walked through the quilt shop.. and couldn't decide on anything. I came home with 16.00 of fabric and an open jaw at the gift. I have NEVER had trouble spending money at this store.. and always its a .. wish thing wish I could buy this or that.. I buy a fq instead of yardage and feel pretty good I got it. Have you ever had trouble just buying fabric? is something seriously wrong with me? I came home and thought "what is WRONG with you?" sigh.. now I know what I want to make and shoot no way to run right back over there and get it!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I want to see that trapot ornament, please!!

Clue for today: You use technology (besides the computer,duh)
    Dotty in NYC

I hope all have swaps blocks by now - time is running out on October. IF you have not communicated with your partner, please do so asap. Partners will be assigned next week, and we don't want anyone 'hanging'... Thanks

Jean

feeling anxious about next week...looking forward to getting a partner
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
    I love that pink and burgundy star! I have been catching up with everyone's chatting and enjoying the blocks. I am working on a quilt for a new grandson who will be here in January. If it turns out as cute as I think I will post a picture. I should have ample time to sew, DH left this morning to visit his daughter and grandsons for 3 weeks in Oregon. So I get to do what I want, except when the puppies demand we go out to play! I am looking forward to the next block swap and anxious to see what my partner wants to receive.
    The block is called "All Hallows" - I found it on pinterest and then just drew it out in EQ7. If you go over to the pictures forum, I did a very large, very bright version as a center for a round robin with Brat and Jaba and others.

Send me a PM with your email and I can send you instructions (they are all HST's).
    Mischief Managed.

Mine have not gone out, however, I have notified my partners and will be working on them first thing Monday morning. We had a trip planned for the middle of this month and I've been away. So, fast fingers and machines come Monday

PLEASE, if you have not sent your block to your partner, or have not been in contact with, please do so by next Wednesday, Oct. 30th, or I will not include you in the November swap. I realize 'life happens', but just take a few minutes to let us know what is going on. Thanks to all that have sent their blocks & kept in contact.

I'm sorry to be so direct but this is a fun swap, lots of talented folks here, and it's not fair to the ones that do their blocks and then not hear anything else from their partners. Everyone has done a great job, thank you. I have had several ladies contact me during the month to join the fun. I will list them later.

Jean
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-29-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: remove PII

Elizabrat asked me to post the blocks I sent her. She said 'I am the worst photographer', but they came thru ok.. ;o)

Name:  Block & Poinsettia -Oct '13 Bee frm Oksewnsew.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  18.9 KB Name:  Teapot from Oksewnsew.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  25.1 KB

Hey Mr.Roberto, thanks for the kind words but also because of technology I am STILL just a click away. So glad to be back in the family and now have my own teeny room I can make some pretties in.
    Looking forward to chatting more now that I have settled. Robert, didn't you have a get together planned this summer where some oft he quilting board family members traveled over your way???? How did that go????
    Love ya always......and hugs to your sweetheart!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Dot com, your tree quilt is fabulous!!! I could look at it for hours!!!! Also, if that snow comes, and Jean needs a snowball throwing partner, I am in!!!! I am ready with my pink rubber boots that have horses on them.....lol!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Jean,
    Can't wait!!! And please know that I am just down the road and available for snowball fights!!!!!! We would make a great team!!!!!!! (Grinning as I type this)
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

LOLOLO Oh boy, I will remember that! I LOVE, love, love SNOW.. It's been many a year since I left upper Missouri, where the snow flies, and I still miss our winters. The year it snowed here on Christmas Eve, I literally was in hawg heaven! My dream has always been to live in Montana, or way up there where it really snows, but----only a pipe dream now. Maybe we'll get a few good ones this year...(hope hope hope)

Blog Entries
    I'm in Montana and all we've heard for the last week is "the snow is coming" (all dun-dun-dun doom and gloom noises). We were supposed to get 12". Now maybe 3". I am ok with 3"... we've got to trick or treat on Thursday. It can dump snow by the feet after Thursday but snow is not a valid excuse to avoid trick-or-treating (so says my 9 year old).
    Mischief Managed.

Well guess that's true, they have been saying a 'cold snap with rain' (if you want to call 60's a COLD snap) for Tues,Wed, Thurs. They've missed the forecast so many times recently, I just wait and see what the day brings..lol Their idea of a COLD snap cracks me up! We've had a few 32-34 deg mornings this past week, and they carry on as if it were -32 deg! Then the news guys say 'when can we expect a warm up! Geez, give me a break!! lol (rolling eyes).. This past winter I didn't even get out my heavy coat! Hope I have to wear it, boots and mittens this winter..lol

Good memory! I planned to visit Roberto & Cathy in August, but family drama intervened. My DD's BF of 10 years has been very ill with meningitis/more. Headaches, seizures, etc. Since May. In & out of hospital, very scary. They decided to marry quickly, so we made a very lovely wedding in 3 weeks! It is a slow recovery and they now have very little income. Great friends and family give all they can to help. These are very smart, articulate young people with social skills. Navigating the process to get help has been daunting. Rob's boss paid his full salary for 12 weeks and continues to provide health insurance. Temp disability is only $170/week and has not come through. But he will get better.
    Molly is a great caregiver. I'm sorry to say their story is not unique. Social worker said this is why we have so many homeless. Not comforting but true. Advice: make surer you have a savings account! And make your young healthy
    kids get heath insurance. Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

Oh Dotty, I am so sorry to hear about your children's struggles. Sending prayers and warm thoughts that recovery takes place and things get better for them. Sending you hugs as well.......
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

The young are resilient and if you ask them invinsible too.. it will never happen to them. I was 40 no insurance when I lost all feeling from the neck down.. three months in a hospital.. you have to lose everything you have to pay for these things then its a long road back up that hill. get to the top? another mountain waiting for you on the other side. so being prepared is not over rated or understated. I wish these young people all the best as they work there way up again.

Thanks for posting the pictures! I loved those blocks and hope to see more soon on here. this month is rapidly coming to a close. its is to be snowing tomorrow here. Cody gets a bit of it the mountains more. I will take less is better than more the cold however sucks. I go to dialysis at 6:30 am, the truck is not in a garage its gets COLD out there!!! I do need a winter coat. I have a sweatshirt or a corduroy shirt to swear over my t's. not exactly toasty. its on the to do list.. just haven't done it yet. tick tock think its time to go shopping. ugh. I hate shopping.
    Linda

Elisbrat and Cmaureen,you blocks are ready to be mailed. I couldn't get to the PO ,hopefully my daughter will mail them by Tuesday. I will be offline for a few days.Happy quilting everyone.

Fire Chief and I have completed our blocks and got the ones from each other. Even did an extra block swap. Yeah.
    What a great swap we had for Oct.
    Roberto
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

It was going to be the bomb, we had it all lplanned for Dotty and Jean, but the weather and the health had different ideas, I had a big spell back in the hospital and the weather in NY and OK was hideous. So we are going to try again for the next summer. So glad you're back and now we can keep in touch.
    All the best
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter View Post
    Hey Mr.Roberto, thanks for the kind words but also because of technology I am STILL just a click away. So glad to be back in the family and now have my own teeny room I can make some pretties in.
    Looking forward to chatting more now that I have settled. Robert, didn't you have a get together planned this summer where some oft he quilting board family members traveled over your way???? How did that go????
    Love ya always......and hugs to your sweetheart!!!!!
    Robert F Brazell
    For the Love of Quilting
    Arlington, WA

Blog Entries
    This swap has given me a new very dear friend in Robert or Roberto Fabuloso - a name he truly deserves. We swapped more than the block we were obligated to and he sent me some of the most beautiful embroidery I have ever seen. Someday when my skills are good enough I will work them into something fabuloso! Robert has been under the weather the last few days - if you read his post above he has been in the hospital for a while. Please remember him and his wife and send blessings for his recovery.

thanks materialgrl I will be looking for the block and wow thanks its always fun to anticipate something in the mail! Its cold cold cold today. Light snow in theory and well it sure feels like it. Blustery wind to go with it makes it feel colder lucky me I am inside all day and this does not bother me at all. I am so ready for another swap. I made these candied pecans yesterday.. how to keep them out of site and not remember where they were put is a challenge.. I had four already. that is my daily limit of nuts.. but they are soo good. and crunchy and sweet and well. darn it. should have had one. then I could eat more throughout the day.. do you have this trouble saying just one more? I rarely eat sweets but I love pecans.. sigh.. will dream about tomorrow.. when I can have more. If my dh doesn't eat them all. he grabs handfuls.. booger!
    Linda

Hi everybody!

I have been a member of Quilting Board for quite some time but have never participated in this swap. I must say that I have always wanted to participate, but time has not been on my side. However, I love the camaraderie and the warm fuzzies that I get when I read your posts, so I tend to hang out on this thread whenever I have a chance. Also, whenever I need a pick-me-up, it only takes a few minutes of this thread to bring me out of my slump. Thanks to all of you for being there!

Today I really need a pick-me-up. My precious father died two days ago and my emotions are all over the place. I am sitting here in his room and typing this on his computer while I take care of my mom, who is quite frail and weak and taking the loss of her husband of 55 years quite hard.

Anyway, I am comforting myself with the thoughts of making a memory quilt out of his plaid western shirts. I am brainstorming patterns and ideas, and one thing that I would really love is an embroidered block with his name on it. Unfortunately, my machine doesn't embroider, so I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to swap blocks with me on the side..... I would gladly make you any type of block (I am a pretty good intermediate quilter) that doesn't involve embroidery if you could make me an embroidered block for my father's memory quilt. Please let me know if you would be willing to swap with me.
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

Wholeheart Mom, so sorry about your Dad..Prayers coming your way. Please send me a PM. I might be able to help you with your block. I'm sure you'll get lots of response but I hollered first..lol Just tell me what you kinda have in mind.

Hugs,
    Jean
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-29-2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: remove PII

Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 ... LastLast